May 26, 2017, 12:53:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf 2012 New Gun Thread (N-Strike Elite, New Dart Tag, Vortex): take 2  (Read 263380 times)
SgNerf

« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

For posterity...  Grin

Let all future generations of nerfers look back at this image and reflect upon the crazy times of 2012!  Cheesy

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »

The Strongarm just sold for $1,125.01.........whoa.  As I said, worth thousands to the person who lost it (hopefully).

I honestly hope this doesn't end up being a blogger that bought it.  To be fair and full disclosure, I personally offered her $65 back when it first appeared, and that offer was based on what it normally costs to get something from overseas, which I'm usually willing to spend to get info to people and satisfy my own personal Nerf fanaticism. However, once the bidding took off I respectfully retracted the offer, let her know what she had, and wished her good luck.

Over a grand though?  If it's a blogger paying that much just to go "FIRST!" that is seriously disappointing.  I hope that can earn them the money back in views.

Oh well, back to getting a friend of a friend to send me a Stockade from the UK!  Wink

What blogger in their right mind would spend over $1000, just to be first? I dobut it's any of the big blogs.

Looking at the bidding history, the higher bids are mainly between two users. It could be Hasbro/Nerf trying to get their product back, and the employee who lost it.

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2012, 03:13:26 PM »

Whoever it was who won the bid, I feel sorry for them. They have this one now (maybe still their job, who knows) but in a few months time we're all going to have one for 100 times less.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
Dr Remag
* Game Organizer

"A warrior never worries about his fear."

« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »

For the retaliator I believe your getting a great price for what feels like a better/moddified recon.

I don't know, I never really liked the place that your have to prime the blaster. As a pistol it is decent though I like the maverick or even a tek-6 better as it feels more like a pistol to me. If they sold it cheaper with less attachments that were inherently useless besides perhaps the stock and went with the pistol/sub machine feel only it would be OK or if they kept the price and made it so that the blaster a shotgun primer it would be fine, but they kind of do both and it comes out to meh IMHO.

Now I have a Rampage which I really like a lot because I lot the feel of the handle. With the AR removal it gets more power and is accurate up to ~40 feet, hitting where I want. The Alpha Trooper, although really good, has a grip that I do not like because it is a bit awkward, again this is IMHO.

Anyway, if you like the feel of a recon and don't have yours modded to the extreme or just want a more powerful blaster then a Retaliator is for you. The Snapfire 8 has semi-auto fire and although it is tops at about 50 feet, it is an 8 shot semi-auto blaster that takes no batteries.

Squad: Spartans[Disbanded]/Game Breakers/Templars of Steel[TBA]
Play Style: Heavy Grenadier/Blaze of Glory
Primary: Big Bertha
Secondary: Socks/Anything LULZY

Things I'd like to point out about myself:
I act my shoe
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!  THE STRONGARM IS A MAVERICK WITH SLAMFIRE!!!!!!!  The seller sent me a picture of the back of the box!  Update with picture coming!

Sorry about the quality, but she didn't have to send it to me at all, so I wasn't about to complain!

Let's all play the "decipher the fuzzy words game"!

Description:  Optimized for quick draws and fast firing, the Strongarm blaster puts Elite battle performance in the palm of your hand.  When speed and mobility are essential, this is the ultimate blaster.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:29:12 PM by RandomShadow09 » Logged

Tye Power

Z.E.U.S. Squad Leader

« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »

That is amazing!!!! this will outclass most (if not all) other stock pistols!!!!! My friend who is used to running only a Mav (for the reason of it being a Mav) is "converting" for this puppy Wink

Squad: Z.E.U.S.
Primary: Over-volted Elite Rayven
Last Resort: Socks
Equipment: Camelback
SgNerf

« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »

Very cool!

Putting slam-fire on a 6-dart capacity blaster may seem odd to some, but i guess it'll kinda have a similar effect as cowboys in the wild west rapid-firing their single-action revolvers.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:26:23 PM by SgNerf » Logged

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »

Quite awesome, but nothing groundbreaking. The much maligned NDT speed 6 can also be fanned and I don't recall a single instance of anyone taking advantage of that. Slamming a pistol like that and actually hitting anything is not easy.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

Quite awesome, but nothing groundbreaking. The much maligned NDT speed 6 can also be fanned and I don't recall a single instance of anyone taking advantage of that. Slamming a pistol like that and actually hitting anything is not easy.

With the SL6 the issue, to be fair, was the terrible breach system made it jam all the time even when doing single fire.

Here's what I see as the potential for slamfire functionality on the Strongarm.  Plenty of people dual wield Mavericks by tying the priming handles together and then "punching" to prime each blaster.  Now imagine you're doing that, but all you do is hold down the trigger and that punch at a zombie lets loose the shot.  It's less about slamfiring one of these, and more about the potential to rapid fire while dual wielding.  Definitely not the most effective way to play the game, but badass points abound!

Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »

You are going to blaze through those rounds super fast. I'd rather have something bigger and with more rounds.
I am honestly going to pass this blaster up, I see no use for it.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
d4rk354b3r

« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

You are going to blaze through those rounds super fast. I'd rather have something bigger and with more rounds.
I am honestly going to pass this blaster up, I see no use for it.

Yeah that's pretty much my stance on it as well. Can't wait for the Stockade though.

Primary:   "Shredder" (Modified Rayven)
Primary:   "Rapier" (Modified Rapidstrike)
Sidearm:   Ass-Saver (Elite Stockade)
catbarf

« Reply #761 on: August 02, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Slam-fire means that the priming mechanism advances the cylinder, which means it is using the Spectre system like speculated.

It's a Maverick with the reliability of the Spectre, Elite ranges stock, can be fanned if you really need it, and isn't being bundled with a bunch of useless accessories. I think this could be a very effective sidearm.
Ghost Reporting

« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

$1125 for a 6-shooter?  Either Nerf is trying to get their blaster back, or an idiot just paid 100x what the product is actually worth at retail Tongue

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
Omega_Trooper

« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »

What everyone can agree on is that this seller just made a S**tload of money on what they probably didn't think too much about.
And back on topic, If its less than 20$, Than of course I'm buying it! Forget Slam Fire, a 60 ft mav is worth every penny.

You can't hide now, I am the warrior.
So decide now, How I'll remember you.
                             -Warrior, by Disturbed
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »

Turn it into an electric and you have my attention. Until then, I'll keep working on my CF barricade.

OT:Anyone else notice that the stiffer E. foam causes their stampedes ROF to slow down to to the dart vacuum loading the dart?

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.