October 08, 2015, 05:54:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Safety  (Read 36387 times)

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »

Having studied art since i was 8 and having gone to art school, I've learned how to avoid dremel and hot glue accidents. 

For eye protection, I've gone through a bunch of different options over the years, and this goes for not just building but gaming as well: I started with ordinary sun glasses and that didn't work; then i tried all sorts of different shop goggles and they were quite safe but always left marks in my face and made me sweat. also they fogged up.  I tried shooting glasses too but the lens distortion gave me a headache.

Finally I said F-this and got a pair of ESS turbofan goggles recommended to me by some folks on an airsoft forum:

They are over $150 but they are literally shrapnel-proof.  The fan keeps them from fogging.  Sweat does build up where the foam gasket touches your face but you'll never sweat under the goggles.  I've used mine in the shop and in nerf combat and I have to say they are excellent.  Also the sleeve that you see on the strap can be stretched over the lenses as a dust cover so you can keep them from getting scratched when you're not using them.  It also doubles as a lens cloth.

When i run the world, normal zombies will be called zombies but small ones will be zomb's.  They will all come from Zambia and when they ambush you, it will also have a name: its called getting "zamboozled."

I Will End You

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »

I use a $13 face shield from Home Depot and it works extremely well

There are a lot of reviews talking about how cheaply made it is, but I've had no problems with it so far. Plus, it's only $13!

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2013, 10:06:35 PM »

One time we had an over excited zombie charge a guy and tripped when he got close. The zombie's hand hit the human in the eye on the way down, later we found out it was an innocent person who wasn't playing...

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »

once i pulled back a slide on a mav while modding the spring jumped up and hit me i the eye!!! so yep it can happen to anyone while doing anything!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.