December 21, 2014, 10:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 258
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 500273 times)
Peter Taisler
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2670 on: April 11, 2012, 11:55:15 PM »

Here's my shenanigans so far.
Complete List-
Raider, Rayven, Sonic Stampede, FireFly, Spectre, Recon, Long Strike , Proton, Vigilon, Long Shot, Double Shot, Sharp Shot
35 round drum, 18 round drum, 18 round tracer mag, ten 6 round mags, six 18 round mags, four buzz bee shells
New darts- 52 suction cup, 52 whistlers, 88 Stream Lines, 100 "custom" darts
A LOT of old/used darts
And of course the Battle Axe and Hatchet

* 002.JPG (693.3 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 224 times.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:12:32 AM by Peter Taisler » Logged

Stony Brook Actual

SBU Mod, Spring 2011 to Present
Co Organizer Fall '12 to Spring '14

Quote from: Bobololo on February 19, 2013, 04:43:10 AM
Balls are one of the greatest ammo types of all time! OF ALL TIME!
darknyght00

« Reply #2671 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »

@Boom: Oh. Em. Gee. Double-u. Tee. Eff. Bee. Bee. Que.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2672 on: April 12, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »

. . .
Hairdryer

A fitting name. That is insane. That is the sort of thing that I just can't come up with.

It certainly looks effective.

If we didn't have a vortex ban I would very much like to work on a nitron. I want to see what can be done to the pusher for more cyclic rate (motor swap?) which is yet unexplored. With my recent flywheel experiences with the Rayven, I would be open to the idea of slapping a side of swarm on one for a swarmpede substitute that can hit 90' flat, suffers no ill effects from unstable projectiles and potentially could have a higher cyclic rate than the stampede with the right mods.

I would end up building a boring Nitroswarm, though, rather than one of these... I don't even know what to call it because it's just so radical and wrong and disconnected from the firearm world in every possible way. It looks like a zombie's bad dream come to life. Good work, pushing the envelope. We have someone around here who does guns like that (...double swarmfire pistol, anyone?) and gets all the OMGWTFBBQ reactions from the zeds.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
jake333

« Reply #2673 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:40 AM »

ok peter what ones do you actually use in missions like layout wise cause i know you aint runnin around with all that at once

only one must survive i am that one VIVA LE RESISTANCE
customs21

« Reply #2674 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »

He may be, but then he'd die on his way to the first mission.

And boom, love Hairdryer. It'd make me pies myself. Cat, what's the ranges on the DS with turrets? I've been looking at removing the bend style and making it single permanent barrels, but obviously 3 rounds available are better than one.

Name: Chris "Rookie" Rook
Squad: Independent
Primary: Modified Stampede
Secondary: unlocked Praxis
Last resort: Jolt

B.A.M.B.I. is dead!

The Youtubes!
iamthatcat

« Reply #2675 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »

I made some progress on a BB UMB powered primary. There's a check valve in the stub that the tank is attached to. The stock oprv kicks in at 2 pumps. It's getting 110'+ so far. The trigger is just beta. It needs extra support for the tank and barrel.

Peter Taisler
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2676 on: April 12, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »

That's just the collection.
I typical swing between the Rayven and the Recon for military NPCs but, for the past game I played a storyline main stay character so I used the axe and hatchet, with the Spectre on my leg.
I am usually the Humans' second-in-command NPC and this previous game I had a much more mysterious role. I was "human" but, I was secretly trying to control the horde.
When I played I just went Recon and socks so I could stay light and move quickly if I had to.
My gear is at home so I'll try to get a pic of that up next chance I get.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Stony Brook Actual

SBU Mod, Spring 2011 to Present
Co Organizer Fall '12 to Spring '14

Quote from: Bobololo on February 19, 2013, 04:43:10 AM
Balls are one of the greatest ammo types of all time! OF ALL TIME!
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2677 on: April 12, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »

A while ago I had the swarmpede split for repair and thought I would post this, because I don't believe I have ever showed anything of what's inside.

The swarmfire receiver is welded in halves to the 'pede barrel shroud, and the trigger pack is similarly attached to the receiver. Since the stampede barrel shroud splits with the receiver and is screwed in from the inside, the result is that the whole gun has to be split at once like this. It gets quite annoying with the swarmfire's guts trying to jump out under spring tension and all the normal wiring issues of the 'pede. If you look closely, you can see a Deans connector just under the 'pede's chamber, which mates with a male connector on the other side of the assembly where the swarmy motor is, to make splitting slightly easier.

CT-2406

Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #2678 on: April 12, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »

toruk, i noticed that you still have the on-off switch wired up. may i ask why?

Go save lives, donate blood.
catbarf

« Reply #2679 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »

Assuming you mean on the Stampede, I would hazard a guess that it is to prevent accidental discharge indoors or when otherwise not in use, since the other safeties have been removed.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2680 on: April 12, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »

The safety? Well, yes, it is there... for safety, to prevent NDs. The last thing I need is having something brush the trigger and fire a 120fps dart into a building, car, civvy, light fixture or any number of other things that should not be shot. Plus, NDing a nerf gun may not be dangerous but it makes you look like a fool regardless.

EDIT: And I'm not saying that the safety is the difference. The safety is a backup. Finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire...

However, that is not the only reason. All Stampedes REQUIRE some sort of way to cut the power in an emergency, which the stock safety switch does. Unlike other AEG-type electric springers with simple switch triggers, the 'pede has a mechanical fire control system and is fully capable of controlling its own motor without operator input. It also happens to be prone to instability and there are many failure modes that result in the gearbox going crazy with no trigger control. The trigger does not suffice as in Swarmfire, etc. to protect the gun in case of a runaway, jammed bolt, etc.

Note that magwell switches are not sufficient for this purpose, because trying to pull a mag out of a runaway stampede will result in a bolt collision with the feed lips of the mag, and possible damage to the mag and gun.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:43:54 PM by torukmakto4 » Logged

CT-2406

catbarf

« Reply #2681 on: April 13, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »

Damn, your Stampede shoots 120fps? Mine's just shy of 80, and it is still considered borderline at my school.
irishknots

« Reply #2682 on: April 13, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

my new sspb secondary.
Soon my Stampede will be up and running. Runs about 90 fps.

Primary: RapidStrike/Swarmy/RS mini
Secondary: 180 Blade Stryfe
Tertiary: Hammershot/Triad
Lots of ammo/socks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW_0lfGSjg
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2683 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »

Damn, your Stampede shoots 120fps? Mine's just shy of 80, and it is still considered borderline at my school.

Don't have a chrono so I can't say for sure, but this is an Everbilt spring and it gets about 80' which is a good bit more than is reported for OMW massacre setups that shoot 100fps. SGnerf reported 132 for a stock-bolt LS that got 70' flat (with slug-derived "wadcutter" darts).

CT-2406

Tarnag

« Reply #2684 on: April 13, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my really fledgling loadout.

First, my Lumitron the ILLiminator (I'm an Illustration major) with all the standard mods:

With my sidearm Maverick (which hopefully will be replaced by a Barricade when the Elite one is released):

My Extended Vortex Mags (20) thanks to catbarf's amazing tutorial in a paintball canister holster, with two extra Firefly clips:

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 258
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.