August 31, 2014, 12:16:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 258
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 462242 times)
darknyght00

« Reply #2715 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »

If I was building it, the batteries would go in the space between the two gearboxes (keeping it self-contained) and the trigger would be staggered so the first turret fires a split second before the second effectively/hopefully doubling the ROF.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
Skornne

« Reply #2716 on: April 19, 2012, 03:30:21 pm »

It's not worth it to me to have the batteries self-contained, as the additional heft would make it difficult for me to maintain over the course of a long mission, particularly if I have need to be moving quickly for any extended period of time.  The wires do indeed go to battery packs in my back pockets, where I can hardly feel them under normal circumstances. 

Madness does stagger between the two turrets, although in practice I have difficulty shooting less than 2 darts with any given trigger pull.  This doesn't really bother me though, because often zombies find it neigh impossible to dodge two darts simultaneously, and if I need more controlled fire I always have the banshee available. 

Squad: Solo
Play Style: Skirmisher
Primary: Dual-Wielding Banshee(Mark I) + Madness(Double Swarmpistol)
Secondary: Another Barricade
ilikefish58

« Reply #2717 on: April 20, 2012, 10:57:03 pm »

Forgive me for being totally off topic, but I had to show off this sweet-ass mug I made.

I suppose I could use it to throw nerf balls at people so it could technically be in my armory.

Trying to keep the Blogspot updated in 2013.

Everybody poops
Tarnag

« Reply #2718 on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:43 am »

Picked up a TTG at Goodwill for $1.99, bought some PVC and couplers from Home Depot for a little over $3, and came out with a gun that easily shoots 60 feet across my apartment, and still bounces off the wall. Added couplers into the old mega dart holders so I can swap barrels quickly if I'm swamped. Done up in some urban camo and fluorescent green:

The priming bar had some wear on it, but cleaned up it gets a pretty cool yellow-orange gradient that I ended up liking so I didn't paint over it:

SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #2719 on: April 23, 2012, 09:34:32 am »

Nice paint job!
Pretty decent range too, but why so much deadspace with the barrel length/setup?

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Tarnag

« Reply #2720 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:11 am »

Nice paint job!
Pretty decent range too, but why so much deadspace with the barrel length/setup?
I cut maybe too generously with the swappable ones, wanted to give enough room for the dart in there because it's such a tight fit. I might be able to trim it down a tad.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2721 on: April 23, 2012, 10:10:49 am »

Yeah, if I recall correctly a TTG has a stock barrel inside that shroud (looks like this TTG was chambered in mega and you just crammed in CPVC). Unless you have a plunger system going all the way to the end of the frame in that one, it's got about 5 cubic miles of dead volume. Even if it was a stroker, it would still be quite suboptimal with the CPVC stub and full coupler slapped on the end like that. Not to mention the barrel length.

When I build pistols, the plunger head touches the dart at rest, no exceptions.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #2722 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:23 am »

I cut maybe too generously with the swappable ones, wanted to give enough room for the dart in there because it's such a tight fit. I might be able to trim it down a tad.
Damn. Your great at paint jobs. Do you accept commissions?

Go save lives, donate blood.
Tarnag

« Reply #2723 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

Damn. Your great at paint jobs. Do you accept commissions?
Wow, thank you! I'm a third year Illustration major so I'm very used to painting, but it's usually on canvas or illustration board, closest thing I've done as far as Nerf goes would be painting sculpture. I'm actually kinda intrigued as to what I could do if I could get my hands on a gun with enough flat space to do some actual painting (found a Swarmfire at Target for $15 that I have considered picking up, has a ton of shell space that I could work with), might make zombie scene on there.

I hadn't considered commissions, but I may be able to do a few coming up this summer depending on what my internship situation pans out to be. But I would have no idea about price or timetable, again I've never done commission with this sort of thing.

Yeah, if I recall correctly a TTG has a stock barrel inside that shroud (looks like this TTG was chambered in mega and you just crammed in CPVC). Unless you have a plunger system going all the way to the end of the frame in that one, it's got about 5 cubic miles of dead volume. Even if it was a stroker, it would still be quite suboptimal with the CPVC stub and full coupler slapped on the end like that. Not to mention the barrel length.

When I build pistols, the plunger head touches the dart at rest, no exceptions.
Yeah the CPVC fits almost right up to the plunger head when it's jammed into the stock barrel, and has a pretty tight fit even with no securing, but there's no way to really get the dart all the way down there with how tight the fit of the PVC is. I took it out, cut down the dead space as much as possible (it was never glued in, just dry fit), and epoxied the mess out of it so the seal would be impeccable, and I've cut down the barrels to be right next to the end of the dart, all in all removing around 2 inches of dead space all assembled. I can just muzzle load darts as well, which puts removes a bit more, but that takes awhile (which is why I did the removable/swappable barrels in the first place).

Maybe if you moved the plunger tube assembly all the way up to the front and just slapped a coupler on it you could achieve that effect with the same system, but that's a pretty complex mod, and the one I've seen doing that only got about 5 more feet out of his.

EDIT: Thought I'd throw up a pic of the barrels kinda cut down:

And a view down the sights:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:03:34 am by Tarnag » Logged
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #2724 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

A "spare parts" busted up blaster turned into salvage job, turned into a powerhouse of a zombie suppression device. Referred to as "Dante" round the campus, having gone through hell and back. Now is pushing a section of k25 spring off 4 trustfires, hitting roundabout 70 feet and spitting out about 3.5 darts/second. Notice the polycarb battery housing? =) best 7$ I've ever spent. (batteries not included)

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2725 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:21 pm »

Nice, prime example of a "Krinkov".

I may be buying a cheap, beat up, worn 'pede (stock and won't run reliably anymore) soon and I am not sure what to make of it. I have a spare receiver already along with some other random junk, just not a complete internals kit so I can't build that one currently, so perhaps after getting the parts I need out of the complete gun I will do another build. I was thinking of a full chop, but I am thinking more and more just an ordinary full size rifle minus the swarmy, and go in some more advanced/unexplored directions like switching to slower-revving, torquier 400 motors and lower voltage power with MOSFET switching, as opposed to 360s being thrashed for all they are worth on 5 million cells. Should have some responsiveness and stability benefits (more torque = less speed drop under load = less unloaded speed required for a given CR, and higher stall current = faster braking and better stability). Then it's preemptive-strike the GB and give the thing a nice new NSE paintjob. Intent being to Elitify the Stampede like I did the vulcan, not necessarily build a monstrosity like the swarmpede.

CT-2406

teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #2726 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »

Nice, prime example of a "Krinkov".

I may be buying a cheap, beat up, worn 'pede (stock and won't run reliably anymore) soon and I am not sure what to make of it. I have a spare receiver already along with some other random junk, just not a complete internals kit so I can't build that one currently, so perhaps after getting the parts I need out of the complete gun I will do another build. I was thinking of a full chop, but I am thinking more and more just an ordinary full size rifle minus the swarmy, and go in some more advanced/unexplored directions like switching to slower-revving, torquier 400 motors and lower voltage power with MOSFET switching, as opposed to 360s being thrashed for all they are worth on 5 million cells. Should have some responsiveness and stability benefits (more torque = less speed drop under load = less unloaded speed required for a given CR, and higher stall current = faster braking and better stability). Then it's preemptive-strike the GB and give the thing a nice new NSE paintjob. Intent being to Elitify the Stampede like I did the vulcan, not necessarily build a monstrosity like the swarmpede.

Sounds like a fun build. But why not chop it? Full sized(ish) rifles are fun, but when you can trim it to half of the origional size and have the same effectiveness, I find the urge to make it more ergonomic overwhelming. I completely understand leaving them alone. They look awesome enough stock, and it leaves a bigger canvas for painting. But as far as hvz goes, manerverability>asthetics. We are planning a game of cross campus, midnight hide and go capture the flag dart tag. I know what I'll be running  Wink literally

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2727 on: April 24, 2012, 12:09:27 am »

Sounds like a fun build. But why not chop it? Full sized(ish) rifles are fun, but when you can trim it to half of the origional size and have the same effectiveness, I find the urge to make it more ergonomic overwhelming. I completely understand leaving them alone. They look awesome enough stock, and it leaves a bigger canvas for painting. But as far as hvz goes, manerverability>asthetics. We are planning a game of cross campus, midnight hide and go capture the flag dart tag. I know what I'll be running  Wink literally

Well, part of the reason why not is that the 'pede is already very ergonomic and handles very well (at least without the stock alkaline power which makes it atrociously tail heavy) and doesn't need to be any smaller than it is unless it's a skirmisher's weapon as in your case. For someone like me, "handles like an AR-15" is more suited to our tactics than "is 16 inches long and has no buttstock". Primaries for me need to be shoulder-fired and balanced. I even put a spectre extension/suppressor on my rayven for handling.

CT-2406

teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #2728 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:24 am »

I love a full length stock on a blaster/rifle. Its just fun to change it up a bit sometimes. Especially when its as easy as it is to chop up a plastic shell. And especially when youve the granddaddy of all full sized full auto primarys. Just sayin. Lol

darknyght00

« Reply #2729 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40:36 am »

torukmakto4 knows what he's doing but for the rest of us (ie: limited or no squad training, limited or no experience handling larger blasters/guns/weapons) minimization is a pretty good idea. The cut that leaves a buttstock (ala SGNerf) is what I'm going with and it's pretty wonderful. I've already got commissions to cut down some other 'Pedes here for people that like the look and the maneuverability. I'm actually incorporating the stock in mine as the housing for the ammo counter's micro controller board so it also serves dual functions.

Skirmishing is pretty important when there isn't really any squad structure to speak of which is why most "heavies" have all but vanished here. There are basically two groups: the human mob packed with Raiders, and the people that know what to do.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 258
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.