November 22, 2014, 12:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 258
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 487596 times)
Katyusha

« Reply #2730 on: April 24, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »

Skirmishing is pretty important when there isn't really any squad structure to speak of which is why most "heavies" have all but vanished here. There are basically two groups: the human mob packed with Raiders, and the people that know what to do.

I don't see why skirmishing and squad organization can't mix.  When I was in catbarf's squad, we used what I've started to call "loose-order skirmishing" where our squad moved as a group but stayed spread out so we'd have as much mobility as possible without unduly compromising our ability to cover each other.  I think it worked pretty well.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
darknyght00

« Reply #2731 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »

Ideally, it would. That way, skirmishers have a fall back point. I'm saying that it's even more important without that safety net

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #2732 on: April 24, 2012, 06:42:37 PM »

Not to mention, late game its good to already be in the habit of fending more for yourself. Smart and quick "skirmishers" tend to make it longer than most at our games.

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
iamthatcat

« Reply #2733 on: April 24, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

Pool noodle swords!

They connect!

The blade is 1/2" thinwall pvc glued to a threaded coupler. I added some shelf liner to the grips for a sharkskin look. The pommel is a slice from a football/missile. I had a dream that I cracked my tv screen. 2 Days later I made this. Evidence for ancient aliens? Giorgio Tsoukalos's hair is skeptical.

ArcAngelXVI

« Reply #2734 on: April 24, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Is there any way to resize these pictures?

Anyway, the current portion of my armory here in my dorm includes:
Longshot - 9/16" Brass Breech, Aluminum bolt sled reinforcements, Trigger Reinforcement, OMW 6kg + BT 5kg, Black / Desert Paint
Rayven - Flywheel shim, Magwell Shim, Extension spring trigger, 3x Trustfires
Sharpshot - AR Removal, Spring compression
Nitefinder - Half coupler, Everbilt Spring
Blowgun
Magstrike x2
Barricade

18 rd Magazines x6
Firefly Magazine
6 rd Magazine x 5
18 rd Drum
Magstrike Clip x3

Top bin contains SBU moderator approved stefan darts. Inf0rm3r foam, with either #6 Slug tips or Lite Silicone tips.
Bottom bin contains whatever streamlines I have lying around. Probably 100 or so in there, but I don't bother with them.

Should be getting a second Longshot in the near future to mod in essentially the same way but with white replacing the tan. And what you don't see is two Stampedes I have at home for future modding, my massacre kit Alpha Trooper... and a Spectre somewhere.

Oh, and if you look closely, there's a second blowgun wedged in my tactical vest's pistol holster lol. It's a small 1ft where I preload a dart (using a string and some tape) for a quick final shot.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:26:29 PM by ArcAngelXVI » Logged

Moderator @ SUNY Stony Brook Spring 2013

Hate Team R&D / Intelligence Group

Mission Loudout:
Stryfe PDW (NSR 3005 w/ Neo-magnet Swap, Microswitch replacement, 14.8 LiPo)
Sweet Revenge (AR Delete)
Ultra-low profile belt rig
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2735 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:25 PM »

Skirmishing is pretty important when there isn't really any squad structure to speak of which is why most "heavies" have all but vanished here. There are basically two groups: the human mob packed with Raiders, and the people that know what to do.

Tanking is certainly effective if done correctly. We have two main types here, skirmishing sock ninjas and tank members. I, for instance, generally run in the tank group, often defaulting to one of its leaders. If you can get someone to have an ounce of tactical ability (knowing what terrain is good to fight on, how to deploy the types of tankers and skirmishers in your tank group), along with a loud voice and the charisma to keep people from running, tanks can easy decimate hordes of equal numbers to twice as many zeds. More glory, more combat in the tank group; many (not all, mind you) of our SNs tend to run if they're truly in danger (I can't blame them; mobility is part of their defense, after all), whereas the tank group must stay and fight. I take pride in being willing to hold the line and succeeding.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
Katyusha

« Reply #2736 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

My own experience has been that a loose-order formation is at least equal to if not superior to the tank when people know what they're doing, because engaging multiple rapidly-closing targets is a lot easier when you've got room to dodge around as necessary.  It's also good for counter-rushing the zombies for this same reason.  On the flip side, the cat-herding aspect of trying to command newbies is magnified when they're not in a defined formation, and I've noticed that loose-order formations seem to be somewhat more susceptible to focusing on one target to the exclusion of others.  People can turn in different directions more easily, so everybody turns to face the first threat to show up and then nobody notices when a zed sneaks up behind the squad and eats half the rearguard.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Mehku

Pack - A - Punch, anyone?

« Reply #2737 on: April 25, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »

It's been a long time. However, with the very very high possibility of HvZ coming to my campus (and because of the new stock wars that I'm hopefully going to attend in my area, but meh), I decided to update the arsenal.

Note: eBay and Craigslist is your friend.

My regular zombie killing arsenal:

My zombie killing arsenal when I'm feeling stupid or I feel like being a dick:

This one will probably get me killed, but at least I'll die in style... Wink

Primary: Raider / Rayven / Vulcan / Stampede(s) / Longshot
Secondary: Spectre / Barrel Break / Deploy (:B) / Proton(s) / None
Sidearm: Dual Jolts / Sharp Shot
Tertiary: Socks
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #2738 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

Finished up a BOSS9-style UMB with a few changes.  Credit goes to him for inspiration for the design and for his excellent advice during the build.  You can see that the wye is glued directly on the tank, surrounded by 1.5 inch PVC pipe that reinforces the wye.  Also, in the back is the stock OPRV, but adjustable.  It can range anywhere from 85' at low power, to over 150' at its highest setting.

Close up of the wye joint and 1.5 inch PVC reinforcement.  Here you can clearly see the white "push to connect" tube connector that I used here, attached to the blue tubing coming out of the side of the blaster.  This allows me to disconnect the on-board pump and connect it to a bigger pump, or an air compressor if I'm feeling adventurous.  Smiley

Why did I choose 1.5" PVC to reinforce the wye?  Because that allows me to very easily attach a 7 shot absolver-type shell in a 1.5" coupler and plug the wye.   Smiley

Also, I made up a freaking huge RSCB (10 streamlines, or 20 slugs) for my SNAPbow for some lame people who want me to use stock darts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:03:20 PM by Pointman9 » Logged

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #2739 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »

@pointman9 very badass.

What you see is a drop-clip/barrel spectre that allows me for fast reloading compared to the normal spectre. It's been a idea of mine to make one of these for a while now. And I finally got a second one to give me a reason to make this.

Go save lives, donate blood.
prince_ofdarknss

« Reply #2740 on: April 28, 2012, 05:57:19 AM »

this is my small but growing arsenal. . . another Barricade, Raider, and Maverick are on their way oh and the blak looking thing by the silver magazine is a shellshock X6
Boom

« Reply #2741 on: April 29, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »

Anyone remember me bringing up a 50 dart abslover, well here it is!
I call it the My Broom Cannon! Time to sweep the floor with those nasty zeds!
The entire thing is 6ft long and by my estimation weights close to 20lbs . . . yea, really should of thought that through more. . .
While this is still a work in progress, the overall power of this thing should not be underestimated. The internal tank is going to be pressurized close to 80PSI most likely it will only be topping off at 65, The overall range has not been tested, but due to the fact that I don't have deep enough pockets for 50+ ft of CPVC, I chose to go with affordability over range. Each barrel will hold approximately 4 darts, so the total dart spam is up to 48! I'm expecting the flat range to be about 40-50ft, and angled 70-80ft? (in reality it'll be more like 30ft flat, and 60ft angled)

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
MoHAlixPr

« Reply #2742 on: April 29, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »

That, is the ugliest and yet most beautiful monstrosity I have seen in my life.  Well done sir.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2743 on: April 29, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »

You need to mod your sprinkler valve. Check spudfiles or similar for a writeup.

The stock solenoid setup turns a pneumatic problem into an electrical one, and nerfs the performance of the valve immensely. For water, that slow pilot is a good thing so as not to shock load and destroy plumbing, but it is NOT what you want for gases, especially not for a gun.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
Boom

« Reply #2744 on: April 29, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

You need to mod your sprinkler valve. Check spudfiles or similar for a writeup.

The stock solenoid setup turns a pneumatic problem into an electrical one, and nerfs the performance of the valve immensely. For water, that slow pilot is a good thing so as not to shock load and destroy plumbing, but it is NOT what you want for gases, especially not for a gun.
Yea I figured as much, like I said though, this is still a WIP, I still need to get another 2-1in coverter and a couple other parts, Like the 2 massive 6Volt battery packs for the Air compressor. At the moment I don't know what to expect, all I know is that ATM it still needs work. I do however belive this thing will get a REALLLY large spread for the dart salvo. I've seen a normal 7 dart Bezerker absolver get a 15-20ft diameter circle of dart spread, so I wouldn't be surprised to get at least double that. While this is hopefully going to be a weapon of awesome power, it will also be one with some serious drawbacks(to kinda balance it out If you ask me). Overall it's an Oh-Shit! were all gonna die gun. Not a, here's a random horde that we can easily fend off, but were lazy gun.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 258
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.