November 22, 2017, 04:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 259
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 1016351 times)
evands

« Reply #3600 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »

My old swarmpistol started splitting itself open as well and I added some self-tapping screws in existing holes and Devconned salvaged screw boss sets in other strategic locations. They usually need it when the stop lug on the plunger rod or the surface it hits gets rounded over and starts wedging outward on impact.

Also, I highly recommend you mod that swarmfire. Remove the AR and pegs for sure. There is no sense in posting about not modding a swarmfire when you could have modded the swarmfire while posting! Just did one now.

Wow.  I missed the first mod I normally do to turret blasters.  The dart posts will be coming out promptly, because the turret can still be removed and worked on.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  As for the AR removal, I'll do that on the next one since this Swarmhammer/Hammerfire thing is superglued shut.  Also, I found a few screws to put in the mounting holes that are used to hold the gearbox to the shell.  This holds the gearbox shut pretty well.

I'm probably going to put in an order soon for some OMW springs, so the next Swarmy/Hammershot will definitely getting 8kg and AR removal.

I also tested it out with the battery pack I'm going to be using.  It's a 9.6V NiMH battery, so while ROF isn't superb, it's faster than stock form.  This will be an awesome blaster to go akimbo with and just dominate the freshman zombies.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #3601 on: September 05, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »

So after I finally got that first RS working I was a bit reluctant to jump into the next one. I got over it. The rifle has two 9v connectors for different setups, the SMG has a single 9v connector, stock motors, reused stock wiring, no pd on flys, and no barrel of any sort, aaand it shoots more accurately than the rifle... These things keep doing weird things for me. That said, active braking works perfectly on both, and everything works flawlessly. Total build time on the rifle was > 15 hours. Smg was exactly two and a half from opening box to last screw. Maybe I don't hate this platform anymore. Haha, it looks reminiscent of a rayven in my opinion. Speaking of which, (not sure where I read it but somebody was fussing that you couldn't load your mag while in the rs, as the mag was too low in the shell) the smg's shell got a trim, so I can refill my inserted magazine. That was one of my favorite aspects of rayven's and I half assed the "top loading" mod on my stryfe, so I gave this a shot and it seems to work well. I'm quite pleased with it overall. Probably the most lethal thing I've had for class to class warfare. Although unless I can figure out what is going on with accuracy it might just be my new primary. I know Toruk was dabbling around with barrels. Anyone else have any thoughts on the accuracy issue?

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3602 on: September 05, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »

WIP, but shoots.

Edit: I feel like such a caveman posting a gun that rough. Battery leads will be moved, bodywork will be done, but in the end this thing is just wrong and twisted and brutal anyway. Stampede chops are one thing, this is a whole different ball game. In person it is amazingly compact. BTW this is the former stock motor tester and the build specs have not changed. I will get some chrono data and accuracy observations soon.

What do you people think, should I add a stock mount and a twist-lock to this so it can be modular, or should it stay short as possible?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:49:56 AM by torukmakto4 » Logged

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #3603 on: September 05, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »

I considered adding the n-strike stock connector, but honestly the stock on there is probably the best nerf has ever put out. I rather like it. But seeing as how you're already chopped I don't see any reason not to. Modularity is a good thing. I really should invest in some of those batteries. Ive just got a pile of trustfires that mighy as well be used for something.

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
Lordmonocrona
* Game Organizer

Check out my blog: thenerfviewpoint.wordpress.com

« Reply #3604 on: September 05, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

both of you, those are awesome. I have one suggestion though, Toruk, paint your black and add some small sword-like prongs to it to make it look like a Brute Spiker Rifle. Teek paint your's black with some wording on the side to make it look like an SMG

Check out my Blog!
http://thernerfview.blogspot.com/
"This class is boring, can we learn about dragons?"
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #3605 on: September 05, 2013, 03:43:17 PM »

Both of mine are going to be painted to match my carnivore stampede. I love that paint scheme, and havnt had anything worth painting like it for a while. Honesty, the RS platform is getting to looking a bit too realistic to be painting black. I (and probably toruk) will be using this build pretty much exclusively for HvZ, so they have to be campus security friendly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:54:28 PM by teek42 » Logged

Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #3606 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »

So I was at Walmart today and saw this bad boy for $5:

Couldn't pass that up.  Took maybe 15 minutes and about 30 cents to mod, and shoots at least 90 feet now.
That's a success in my book

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3607 on: September 05, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »

New or old style Panther tank?

I was kinda bummed about Pantheroids losing their big tanks, but now seeing your post, I would think the new style ones would work just as well with a stock dart barrel because the old ones wasted a lot of energy on muzzle blast unless they had a long barrel on them for stefans.

CT-2406

Pointman9

« Reply #3608 on: September 05, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »

New or old style Panther tank?

I was kinda bummed about Pantheroids losing their big tanks, but now seeing your post, I would think the new style ones would work just as well with a stock dart barrel because the old ones wasted a lot of energy on muzzle blast unless they had a long barrel on them for stefans.
I believe it is a new style tank, but I think it is a bit bigger than a Hornet tank.  Still more than enough power for $5.

torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3609 on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »

WIP

CT-2406

teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #3610 on: September 06, 2013, 12:27:12 AM »

Omg that rapidswarm is seamless. Finaly a platform that can accomodate that stupid peg at the back of swarms. And yay panthers! Probably the most literal bang for your buck in nerf even after tank resizing.

torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3611 on: September 07, 2013, 03:13:10 AM »

CT-2406

Kingboy

« Reply #3612 on: September 07, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »

What, no Rapidstrike with an underslung minimized Rapidstrike?

It's a cylinder, not a turret.
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3613 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

What, no Rapidstrike with an underslung minimized Rapidstrike?

That is my next build.

CT-2406

Pointman9

« Reply #3614 on: September 08, 2013, 02:50:15 AM »

That is my next build.
Yo dawg, I heard you like Rapidstrikes

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 259
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.