August 16, 2017, 05:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 948192 times)
Amightywind

We come in peace: Shoot to Thrill!

« Reply #3870 on: September 10, 2015, 05:58:35 AM »

Well, a load-out's gotta start somewhere. This stuff's been built more for miles and smiles rather than dialled up to full "wrecking-mode"... should be getting a right royal road-test and refinement over summer though.

Primary: The Nerkita (Rayven/9.6v NiCad Makita battery-drill integration) Not quite hammer-drill performance, but not shabby for a clapped out cordless. Can't wait to finish the upgrades so I can get on with the paint and interchangable "heat-gun" attachment. Burn baby, burn!

Secondary: The Postman (Hammershot/Messenger Masterkey) Fitted with a tricksy internal connection allowing a proper, reliable double-tap off the Hammershot trigger; hair-trigger for the Hammershot, then the Messenger at the end of the pull. Peg removal, extra springs and tweaked seals mean that when this Postman rings twice, you definitely hear the doorbell! Nice to have the option of single-handed prime, and that extra blast from the shot-gun modded Messenger can make all the difference when things get up close and personal. Boo-yah :0p

[edit]: the "slack" between the two bent wires in the internal pic below is what allows independant priming of each blaster, even when the other is primed and ready to fire. Uses ø0.8mm pre-sprung stainless-steel dental wire (nice and stiff). Action works really well too if the AR's are left in Messenger for full 8-shot (repeating rather than single shot-gun) firing, though you do need to reduce the spring-load a bit so it shoots only as hard as the Hammershot. Aiming's off otherwise. And no... the priming arm isn't shown (it was out getting painted) but once minimised it fits nicely at full prime under your little finger.

Hold-out: The Messstrike (Messenger/Firestrike integration). A Messenger that doesn't chew your hand off? A Firestrike that can actually shoot those spare darts, with priming hooks that finally make sense when dual-wielding? A Triad you can aim while priming? A Triadstrike with no fr33k'n glue? Say Yesss! to the Messstrike! I've kept the spring up-grade sensible to allow better ROF in an emergency. A nice solid little side-arm now.

Soooo much fun =0)

* Nerkita - 72.jpg (176.28 KB, 750x500 - viewed 864 times.)

* "The Postman" - 10.jpg (60 KB, 499x333 - viewed 814 times.)

* PostmanTriggerDetail.JPG (301.01 KB, 1000x666 - viewed 541 times.)

* Messstrike Mod (1st fit).JPG (140.13 KB, 750x500 - viewed 662 times.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:54:00 AM by Amightywind » Logged
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3871 on: September 14, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »

Primary: The Nerkita (Rayven/9.6v NiCad Makita battery-drill integration) Not quite hammer-drill performance, but not shabby for a clapped out cordless. Can't wait to finish the upgrades so I can get on with the paint and interchangable "heat-gun" attachment. Burn baby, burn!

Dude, that is awesome. I love power tool themed blasters for some reason. Very clean install of the battery mount. Paint and decal are perfect. Also very functional as far as changing batteries quickly.

Does the inner barrel go through that chuck or is that a display piece?

For upgrades I would recommend 18AWG and microswitch if you don't already have that done, and MTB Rhinos. Perfect for a semi-auto with a 9.6V battery (look on Britnerf for the chrono data) though they mostly get used with 3S lipo.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
Amightywind

« Reply #3872 on: September 14, 2015, 04:28:37 PM »

Dude, that is awesome. I love power tool themed blasters for some reason. Very clean install of the battery mount. Paint and decal are perfect. Also very functional as far as changing batteries quickly.

Hey, thanks man Smiley Your gear's pretty damn sweet looking too! (and it shoots HARD!)

I blame the Hypercats Dewalt Nailgun for my Nerf OCD - six months ago all I had was an ancient Maverick that had never been fired in anger. Paint on this one needs a lot of work to get to that level; decals. "Nerkita "logo and other bits yet to be customised to amp up the silly-factor. Balance of the tool with the battery is where it's all at though with this build - it's where all the weight needs to be.

Does the inner barrel go through that chuck or is that a display piece?

Front end is a gutted original chuck (NOT an easy task - those things are ridiculously over-engineered...) monstered onto a Recon barrel attachment ring - darts juuuuust pass through. Need a bigger drill-bit though before I can fit barrel extension inside so it's just for laughs til then. Converting a Modulus Stealth-kit extension into a "heat-gun" attachment which will probably be what I actually run with (more "safety-orange" on the tip from the flames. A man can never have too many tools.

For upgrades I would recommend 18AWG and microswitch if you don't already have that done, and MTB Rhinos. Perfect for a semi-auto with a 9.6V battery (look on Britnerf for the chrono data) though they mostly get used with 3S lipo.

Yeah, I'd picked the current side-switch more for it's look and action... it's quite pathetically rated but there's very little room left in the grip after the battery-casing integration. Needs improvement! Will look at a tiny micro-switch now I know a leeettle more about electrics on this scale (errr, yeah... I've been scanning your blog for a bit  Cheesy ) I posted a C/Amp-delivery on the battery question elsewhere here... I'll go check out BritNerf for his stat's on them when I get back in a couple of weeks. Keen to look into what Lipo can do but I might just leave that for another build.

Thanks again - stay frosty!

Amight
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #3873 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »

Hey, thanks man Smiley Your gear's pretty damn sweet looking too! (and it shoots HARD!)

...I posted a C/Amp-delivery on the battery question elsewhere here... I'll go check out BritNerf for his stat's on them when I get back in a couple of weeks. Keen to look into what Lipo can do but I might just leave that for another build.

Thanks again - stay frosty!

Amight

Thanks!

It's a power tool battery, it can do the job fine. You will find all kinds of numbers being pinned on nickel batteries (NiMH/NiCd) but you can be fairly sure this one will pull whatever load you could possibly throw at it with a semi-auto .50.

Do you have the original charger? What sort of condition are your pack(s) in?

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
Amightywind

« Reply #3874 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »

Do you have the original charger? What sort of condition are your pack(s) in?
I've got a couple of original Makita chargers - one does 7.2-9.6v packs on a simple 1-hr charge, the other is newer and does anything from 7.2 to 14.4v (fast charge then trickle). Both types charge well, but I suspect you get a deeper charge off the newer one.

4 battery packs, all 1.3 Ah. Three charge up OK to 9.8v and shoot well for a bit but drop off very fast. One pack seems to be in pretty good condition though: charges to over 10v and shoots nice and hard for decent amount of time, but still I suspect it's nowhere near brand-new performance. Downside with repacking them is that there's no screws - they have to be broken open. Will talk to repacking business soon and see if it's worth it, even just to get the Amp-hours up.
APEX WEAPONS

« Reply #3875 on: January 28, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »

My primary and sidearm all dialed in. Rapidstrike has full size grip using a Pyragon grip integration. No motor upgrades or real battery packs in the Rapidstrike -- just Efest IMRs. Barrel shroud is from a cheap spring powered airsoft gun. Integrated sling mount (black D-ring near stock in upper shot) Battery pack on the side, can switch between 7.4 and 11.1v depending on the game. Hammershot has the Chinese 7 shot cylinder and Full Metal Hammershot kit from Blasterparts. I'll use the Hammershot mainly to snipe lurkers at a distance - I figure if I am down to my sidearm as a backup I am done anyway. (I subscribe to the same school of thought as Torukmakto in having a primary and no dedicated secondary on a sling - although his sidearm is a more effective Stryfe)

And for fun and novelty here's my Roughcut Tactical Shotgun. Late in the week or on certain missions you can start with this, then when things get hairy or you run out of ammo drop it on a sling and grab the RS.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:43:33 AM by APEX WEAPONS » Logged
Zim

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #3876 on: February 05, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

Been away from the forum for while, but I'm back now.
1st: Awesome Rapidstrike, Apex!
2nd: After honing may skills and learning how to paint:

I'm still working on the rapidstrike (And its had more done to it since I took that picture), a vulcan rifle, an old stampede, and a tactical roughcut. I'll upload pics when they're done.

APEX WEAPONS

« Reply #3877 on: April 25, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »

You have an awesome technique Zim - I still need to learn how to do blended paint schemes.

Finally got my kit all dialed; 6x18 on the chest, 1x18 drum in side pouch. I am using the 12 round Magpul clip just for looks and swap it out for another NERF 18 stick. 

TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3878 on: May 29, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »

BB, or "Bite the Bullet." Aluminum trigger and priming handle, massive spring, reworked plunger/cylinder spacing and seal, improved rotation, lots of shell reinforcement (this thing feels like a brick in your hand. No creaks.) and a Borderlands inspired teeth and damage paintjob. It's for sale, by the way.

Youtube Home to FoamTech, the Nerf science series!
Primary: Extreme Pro 180 motor Rapidstrike, 2S lipo, 4S for foam ropes, underslung Titan.
Secondary: Sanguine (WIP)
Hailofdarts

« Reply #3879 on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »

First post here so decided to make it a loadout!
I run a condor(I think it is but I'm on the road so not sure)7 pocket chest rig(its a 6x18),cDemolisher with gl cut off(I think I am one of the few who prefers Demolisher to the strife,its just always felt to light and small to be a primary)dual hammershots with major compressed springs in 2 duct tape drop leg  holsters ,a dump pouch for the 18s and a cinch bag full of darts,alsoif someone could walk me through starting a new thread that would be awesome
Baconeer

« Reply #3880 on: April 12, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »

Temporary loadout until I know what to get next.

Primary: Maverick (AR Removal, Russian Roulette modification)
Secondary: Firestrike (Unmodded, as the screws are rusted. Going to be mostly used for stealth, as it's very quiet)
Tertiary/Last Resort: Reflex (AR Removal, currently broken because I suck at modding)

No paint jobs yet.

EDIT: Just found the disruptor for 10 dollars, and ordered the Doominator as a primary. Time to reorganise.

Primary (Against large hordes) - Zombiestrike Dominator (Hasn't arrived yet)
Secondary (For stealth priming\firing) - Firestrike (Unmodded, screws rusted and can't be undone)
Tertiaries (For medium sized hordes) Disruptor (Unmodded so far) and Maverick (AR Removal, Russian Roulette mod)
Last Resort (That, or for single hordes) Reflex
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:51:55 AM by Baconeer » Logged
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #3881 on: July 27, 2017, 02:04:22 AM »

Good Lord, this forum is still alive?  I haven't been here in ages.  I've done quite a lot since my last post here, I'll just toss out a couple.

I call this the Hammerbaron, for obvious reasons.
https://imgur.com/a/LPd3k

Me and my buddy's fabulous blasters
https://imgur.com/a/Satz6

And here is my most recent completed creation, a 160 FPS Stryfe bolter.
41.5mm OFP cage, Hellcats, "high crush" Worker wheels.
https://imgur.com/a/C0VBb

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.