March 29, 2017, 01:23:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: API key  (Read 1805 times)
darlingh

« on: May 13, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »

I am interested in working with the HvZ Source API, but in a quick search, I noticed that there hasn't been an update on its status in ~2.5 years.

So, can anyone tell me if that got more fully developed, and if so, how I might go about obtaining an API key?

Thanks in advance.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »

I am interested in working with the HvZ Source API, but in a quick search, I noticed that there hasn't been an update on its status in ~2.5 years.

So, can anyone tell me if that got more fully developed, and if so, how I might go about obtaining an API key?

Thanks in advance.

There is not much progress on it, but it's pretty high up on our todo list.  We want to have something up for the fall season.

Loading Please Wait...
justin_ator

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:15:11 AM »

Not feeling a need to start a new topic on this considering I think I may already know the answer, but has there been work done in regards to the API or documentation on how to implement it? Browsing the Google Play Store I've seen the few apps for select schools that allow them to do HvZ things, and was curious if it was through the HvZ API or self-written things to mimic the functionality of HvZ Source?

I'm currently in a game and am well aware I won't have proper info (if there even is any) to make use of it during the game this year but if it's available I'd love to start looking at making something for the University I attend.

The main thing I'm curious about right now is some sort of "RSS feed"-like use of the API for the game chat, that would be super helpful. With the lack of docs on the topic I'm not sure what the current API state can be used for, if anything.

Not trying to be overly pushy, just curious. Thanks for all the great stuff you guys do with HvZ.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »

None of the stuff on google play are currently tapping the HvZSOURCE site. As for the status of the API... we've finished the read-only portion of the API. Before we can push it live, we have to set up the OAuth stuff to handle the API key authentication.

Loading Please Wait...
justin_ator

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »

Cool nice to see work still being done on it, API/mobile functionality beyond hvzsource (like feeds and constant updates pushed to phones) would be really convenient and worth having in my opinion. Keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.