March 24, 2017, 09:52:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help on HvZ  (Read 2049 times)
shadeshadow

« on: May 17, 2013, 01:19:30 AM »

I am trying to start a game of HvZ in Rotorua but nerf isn't a big thing here... how would you suggest I go about it? I want to use nerf dart blasters and/or water guns
Walljack47

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »

'Isnt a big thing here' how? Cuz unless my google search is wrong you're in New Zealand, yes? Do you mean nerf isn't really sold there or a lot of your friends don't have a lot of nerf? I am but a simple American, so I am not familiar with the first. If its the first problem, there's off brand foam blasters, home mades, and ordering off the interwebs. If its the second, you could all ways pick up some of the more popular and/or cool models ( if you have that kind of spending money) set up some capture the flag games ( or any other simple nerf war games), lend out your blasters, and get your friends interested in getting blasters, then sell them on hvz. I always found holding some simpler games is a nice way to entice new/ casual players to try something more extreme like hvz
shadeshadow

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »

as in not many people play with nerf Cry by setting this game up i hope to change that
Boff

Bristol HvZ Founder

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »

You don't have to start out with blasters. In fact many groups aren't allowed to by their administration and so use balled up socks instead. I founded BUZAN (the HvZ group back here at Bristol University, UK with no previous knowledge of Nerf and a group of 10-20 people. Few years later, we're well established and have amassed a huge collective arsenal, spawned a spin out tactical gear company and have just shy of 100 members. Build it and they will come.

If people don't have blasters, run small, indoor games with a variety of game-types using socks and the few blasters you have. People will readily trade up when they see you rocking around the room with your Tacticool Stryfe. Smiley For rules and the like, I believe the BUZAN committee maintain theirs at their website (http://ubu-buzan.tumblr.com/rules) - a number of groups here in the UK have already borrowed them and adapted them to their specific sized games. They're different to the standard HvZ rules but work perfectly for smaller, indoor games with groups that are just starting out.

Get some friends together, borrow an indoor area (sports hall, SU building or similar) and run a few games. I dunno how New Zealand works but parks tend to work if you can't get an indoor space. Just remember the basic rules for HvZ (don't get it banned, don't be a douchebag etc).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.