March 28, 2017, 08:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Compound: a zompoc LARP  (Read 1954 times)
Katyusha

« on: June 02, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

There's an airsoft field in Fremont NH that does occasional nerf wars and is now doing a zombie-themed LARP.  Here's their description of it:

NH Boffer Fighting runs The Compound zombie apocalypse Live Action Role Playing (LARP). Based on Nerf blasters with a mixture of boffer and other elements mixed in, The Compound is more battle driven while still having a story at heart. Teams are built around three main groups: the Lifers which include both a Civilian and also a Military team, and the Zombies. Who survives and who thrives depends on teamwork, skill and daring do. The Compound will be held this year on Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 2PM till 10PM. For much more updated info, please be sure to check out the event page on Facebook when it is posted!

And here are the rules.  They're pretty different from normal HvZ rules and I have some reservations about them but it still seems alright.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Zilthai

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »

It definitely looks like a LARPer put these rules together. They look solid, but I don't know if I'm a fan of the headshot rule, but eye protection is mandatory. So, it shouldn't be a safety issue. I also don't have any experience with "Thunder Bs" but no group that I'm in would ever allow them. Overall the rules seem a little easier than the (Zombie) Rising LASH (Live Action Survival Horror) that I participate in.

The idea seems pretty cool. Depending on the price, and if I lived in the area, I would totally try this out.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:47:15 AM by Zilthai » Logged

Squad: NSR Solutions
Role: Rear Guard/Night Ops
Primary: OrangeMod Alpha Trooper CS-18 with slide-mounted tac-light
Secondary: Modded Scout 1X-3 with integrated tac-light
Melee: Boffer-Styled Fire Axe
Black 5.11 gear from head to toe.

"...And THIS is why we can't have nice things."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.