July 29, 2014, 08:57:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Florida Humans vs. Zombies  (Read 3834 times)
Liist

« on: April 05, 2010, 11:11:07 am »

The Zombie Apocalypse has begun today, and I decided to create this thread. So far the OZ has not registered a kill. Until the kill has been made or until 5PM, we can't break out our Nerfs.

First game, gotta say that getting off the bus stop and heading to the library was quite a bit of adrenaline rush.

Gators Humans vs. Zombies
Gear: Deploy, Maverick, Bandolier Kit
ReptilianLava

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:53:19 pm »

Right now there are 10 zombies + the OZ so it's getting kinda scary. Been out and about a few times today and the nerf guns have been taken out so you have to keep watching your back. Walking to the library was creepy, a guy we met along the way was telling us a whole squad was rumored to have gone down already. Plan on going zombie hunting tonight, hopefully I'll make it through the night!!! XX
HangEmHigh

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:10:00 am »

Almost 100 zombies by the end of the day. Me and a two other friends were heading across the north lawn when we witness a couple humans being attacked by a large group of zombies. We stealthed out way outta there after that lol

Codename: Havoc
Postion: Scout, Corporal
Squad: Z.E.D.
Primary: Longshot
Secondary: Recon
Sidearm: Maverick
School: UF
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:23 am »

Almost 100 zombies by the end of the day. Me and a two other friends were heading across the north lawn when we witness a couple humans being attacked by a large group of zombies. We stealthed out way outta there after that lol

100 Zombies at the end of day 1?!

How many humans are there?

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
ReptilianLava

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:30:08 am »

972 Humans and 113 Zombies and it's the morning of Day 2. Last night had some epic fighting.
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:44:55 pm »

Wow, that sounds like a good game.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 06:45:09 pm »

You have press coverage: http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,1308.0.html

I'm leaving that in P/M/R.

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Xelkelvos

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 01:36:29 am »

So after the third mission and the third day, almost half of the humans are gone (more if adjusting for players that signed up and didn't play).

Also, that last mission was a death trap, lol.

University of Florida
B*tches don't know 'bout my second largest HvZ game EVER.
ReptilianLava

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:20 pm »

Yeah, Mattherly was a death zone. Most of the humans were trapped in Anderson and jumped out of windows to escape. I'm still a human but I didn't get stuck in Anderson. It was pretty beast, my whole squad but me and one other survived a mad dash across the reitz lawn from the journalism building. There was a horde of about 35-40 chasing 5 or 6 humans.
Holy_Moses

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:49:37 pm »

ReptilianLava, i cant figure out whose story is more epic, the one you told me or the one me and chester had at little on day 2. sheesh, we could make a movie with all these frikin epic tales! anybody need some partners or somthin 4 tnight? we can meet up.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »

Your spelling and grammar makes me wish I was still sick with the stomach virus.

Edit:
@ReptilianLava: Nice remix... Also, this is why we haul ass and don't wait around for the horde to show up.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:56:39 am by Ozymandias » Logged

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
ReptilianLava

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:07 am »

Well this was the end of Moses and Me. No humans were out tonight (4/8/2010). So after killing quite a few zombies coming from Little Hall we end up trapped with a locked door to our backs and a "safe zone" staircase to our front. Didn't mean to abuse the "safe stairs" but we had no choice here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMNtfgzU2g
Holy_Moses

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 02:35:09 am »

Haha that was major fun. maybe we shoulda just danced! time to eat ppl tomorrow!
Xelkelvos

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 03:01:48 am »

Well, Day 3 Mission was a big death trap for the humans (as I said previously) because it involved going into buildings with very few exits (Matherly for those at UF, 3 exits for those curious). It was by the grace of fellow players that zombies have this ADD that makes most of them jump and leave post for another group to attack. Of course, this wasn't the greatest death trap as they could easily building jump (Reptilian Lava is commenting on an appx. 200ft. walk into another safe zone).

Of course, the true death trap is at a place called McCarty. On it's own, Zombies have no business being there due to the current rule of firing from safe zone and the additional feature of there being catwalks to transfer to other buildings in the complex. Unfortunately, when you end a mission at a certain location and every active zombie just decides to show up, it doesn't matter how many exits there are (I think 6), how many you can take out from a certain zone, and how many you have trapped inside (about 30), if you can't get out before security forces you out, it's pretty much a death trap. It didn't help that the main group broke rank as soon as they exited the building. Out of the 20 that came out, only 6 remained over the run to an active safe zone. Casualties included a chipped tooth.

It was called a feast.

University of Florida
B*tches don't know 'bout my second largest HvZ game EVER.
UFJesse
* Game Organizer

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

I highly advise everyone to check out the Alligator's (UF student newspaper) coverage of our HvZ game. It is, in a word, incredible. I owe Matt Riva a huge thank you for all he did.

The latest video in particular is badass. If you only want to watch one.

http://www.alligator.org/article_dca3cfc6-412b-11df-bfff-001cc4c002e0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.