December 12, 2017, 10:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blaster Sleeve help  (Read 1585 times)
Lordmonocrona
* Game Organizer

Check out my blog: thenerfviewpoint.wordpress.com

« on: September 12, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

So I hear that the new Nerf Zombiestrike Blaster Sleeve is a pain to work with, and honestly, I don't have time to mess with something that doens't work. So does anyone know how, or have any ideas how to make one myself. I honestly can't think of any better way to hold my blaster while running, and I would like to make one. Any ideas, question, comments?

Check out my Blog!
http://thernerfview.blogspot.com/
"This class is boring, can we learn about dragons?"
evands

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

I recently purchased a sheet of leather (one whole cow, about 8 feet by 5 feet), so I'm going to try making a good blaster sleeve out of it.  My main design will be a basic sleeve with one side mostly open to allow for a clip-fed blaster to slide in and out without removing the clip, and a large rectangular main compartment to fit most large blasters.  I'll let you know how it works when I finish and test it.  I'm hoping that leather will add a certain rigidity to the sleeve that will make sheathing and drawing a large blaster quicker and more efficient.  Since it won't be cloth, there won't be much stretching, and I don't have to worry about folds catching on a part of the blaster and getting stuck.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 02:24:47 AM »

Fin.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Boff

Bristol HvZ Founder

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 04:42:29 AM »

I was going to shamelessly promote my company's services here but Ozymandias nailed it better than I ever could. Those rifle scabbards are awesome. We could build you one and ship it across the pond but it wouldn't match that price even if it was designed to hold 2 blasters. Smiley

Other note, if you're intent on making your own then Cordura is the way to go. Leather is great but a bitch to work with - that lack of stretchability will come back to haunt you. 500D Cordura is a fairly stiff, newbie friendly fabric that's abrasion and water resistant. It also comes in a few colours. Blastersmiths use it in all of our stuff and it holds up wonderfully. You could go the whole hog and use 1000D for a fuller range of colours and even more durability but those fabrics require a better than home sewing machine in my experience.  Even 500D requires a number 16 needle to even be considered. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.