June 28, 2017, 06:43:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with setting up a grade 7/6/5 game.  (Read 2025 times)
SilverHyruler
* Game Organizer

« on: September 22, 2013, 06:29:41 AM »

So I'm in grade 7 and saw this whole HvZ thing. It seems cool but I'm a little overwhelmed, I know I could get at least 10 people. (I know that's not nearly enough). Any tips?
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »

Most help you'll find here is built around 100+ person games on a college campus. My best advice would be to gather those ten or so friends and meet up somewhere to mess around with with your blasters for a couple hours- call it a Nerf day. There can be as much or as little organization in that, and if you want to, you can have a round of HVZ with fifteen-second stun timers, optional objectives, restricted play area or whatever you like, along with Nerf War team elimination rounds, capture the flag, or any number of other things. Keep that up, and you might have yourself a Nerf Guild! But in any case, it'd be a lot of fun to have with your friends, and could eventually turn into a group that plays HVZ at the scale that you're reckoning. Or tours Invitationals. Or creates their own game...  Wink

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
SilverHyruler
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »

Most help you'll find here is built around 100+ person games on a college campus. My best advice would be to gather those ten or so friends and meet up somewhere to mess around with with your blasters for a couple hours- call it a Nerf day. There can be as much or as little organization in that, and if you want to, you can have a round of HVZ with fifteen-second stun timers, optional objectives, restricted play area or whatever you like, along with Nerf War team elimination rounds, capture the flag, or any number of other things. Keep that up, and you might have yourself a Nerf Guild! But in any case, it'd be a lot of fun to have with your friends, and could eventually turn into a group that plays HVZ at the scale that you're reckoning. Or tours Invitationals. Or creates their own game...  Wink
Thanks for the advice, that's a bummer though since I liked how its like an actual apocalypse rather than a group of kids shooting each other and lying about being hit.
Lordmonocrona
* Game Organizer

Check out my blog: thenerfviewpoint.wordpress.com

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

I have to disagree there, even though we do have "Nerf Day's" as you call it all the time. I held a 30+ people HvZ last may and we had a blast! So it really doesn't matter how many people you have, just go at it, have something planned ( like volunteers to keep the peace) and have fun. I'm doing another one in November.

Check out my Blog!
http://thernerfview.blogspot.com/
"This class is boring, can we learn about dragons?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.