December 12, 2017, 10:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega Centurion Mod Guide  (Read 18565 times)
evands

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »

It's very hard to get an elite dart to go more than 100 feet flat, since that is approaching its maximum range which is limited by drag.

I'm aware that Elites are really hard to get 100 feet flat.  I should've been more specific when I guessed possible ranges.  What I meant to say was that, with a good sealed breech, it should be hitting about 100 feet at 15 degrees, and between 80-100 feet at 15 degrees without a good seal.  I almost never range test blasters PTG, because I never shoot at targets over 50 feet away PTG, and instead will arc my shots.  Most of the time I account for arcing, so I range test this way to find its optimal range.  One of my neighbors owns a paintball chronograph, so I'll see if I can borrow it to test some of my blasters, including this one.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »

What fascinates me would be seeing just how much power we could eke out of a Centurion. With a calibre conversion, sealed breech and custom-produced darts, this thing would be an absolute monster at extreme range (although you'd never use it for HvZ).

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
evands

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

What fascinates me would be seeing just how much power we could eke out of a Centurion. With a calibre conversion, sealed breech and custom-produced darts, this thing would be an absolute monster at extreme range (although you'd never use it for HvZ).

I have a feeling that, if the plunger tube were easier to open up, the Centurion with a calibre conversion, sealed breech, and heavier spring combo would push Elites to their max potential.  We're not allowed to use homemade or weighted darts at my school, so standard darts are what I'm going to end up using.  I'll still try to use my Centurion for HvZ anyways, as I've used my Hydro Cannon with a seven-dart RSCB for pot-shots and a Blade Stryfe for a secondary.  As long as we're responsible with overpowered blasters, we can still use them, such as only firing at a distance and switching out for a weaker blaster for close encounters.  I only wish the Centurion was cheaper and easier to mod, so it could (theoretically) replace a few of my Longshots.

I also plan on integrating another blaster into my Centurion, so if you have any ideas, let me know.  I'm leaning towards a Swarmfire or Rough Cut.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)

Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
Rexar5

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »

Am I the only one who wants to get huge power out of megas as opposed to elites?  Or at least try.  I feel like if you glue an elite inside of a mega and do something about that absurd tip, megas would have more potential than elites.  For range and accuracy.  Maybe I'm crazy.  But if we put some extreme power into the centurion, I bet megas could perform well. 
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »

Nope, not without a shitcannon or some other airgun with a large volume. The dart is just too wide.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Rexar5

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »

Hmm.  I'd at least like to compare mega vs elite performance with a proper plunger tube/spring replacement.  Or a large-ish direct plunger system.  At least maybe they could be more accurate than elites at medium ranges.  Elites just suck at med-long range once you mod the blaster enough.  You're lucky to hit anything with stock darts (which are generally required for HvZ)
evands

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 09:48:27 PM »

Am I the only one who wants to get huge power out of megas as opposed to elites?

I can confirm that Megas get superbly better ranges and accuracy than Elites as long as they have enough force behind them.  Unfortunately, you need an absurd amount of pressure, and the power required is hard for many blasters to achieve.  I know that my Hydro Cannon has excess air pressure, but other blasters like Panthers, AT2Ks, AT3Ks, and Nitefinders (the only blasters I can see converted to use Megas) will have a hard time creating enough force to rocket Megas over 100 feet.  With the power of a Hydro Cannon or Titan, though, you can send Mega darts into orbit.  When I tested a two-foot Mega barrel on the Reaper at full power, the dart flew over the hill across the street from my house (the top of the hill is about 250-300 feet away) and out of sight.  This wasn't a PTG range test, but it wasn't at a rediculous angle either.  My guestimate is that it achieved 350 foot ranges at 15-30 degrees.

Standard Loadout:

Sixth Kira

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 04:23:42 AM »

Any idea if a properly-modded Centurion would be able to output enough force for Megas to exceed Elites in their performance? Granted, it's a springer, but the plunger tube is massive.

EDIT: Got my hands on a Centurion of my own today. Awesome gun (loving the way it feels when firing; there's a kind of solid 'ker-thunk' to it that I haven't felt since the Longshot) and surprisingly effective in the one-on-one test I placed it in, but hindered by the low round velocity and extremely long plunger draw. The most fun I've had in ages, but until I get a calibre conversion kit or some extra magazines and darts (does anyone know if MEGA magazines and darts are available separately yet?), it's useless for HvZ. While there are clearly more effective weapons for HvZ, the sheer awesome that this thing packs cannot be understated.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:29:30 AM by Sixth Kira » Logged

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"all of them"
evands

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »

The most fun I've had in ages, but until I get a calibre conversion kit or some extra magazines and darts (does anyone know if MEGA magazines and darts are available separately yet?), it's useless for HvZ. While there are clearly more effective weapons for HvZ, the sheer awesome that this thing packs cannot be understated.

I think what many say about the Centurion being "useless for HvZ" is all unfair bias.  If you prefer a different type of weapon (pistols, rifles, semi-autos, "snipers", etc.), you should adapt your tactics and do just fine with it.  At a one-night mission last week, there was a new player who came with just a stock Centurion and six darts, but managed to survive to the end of the mission.  The mission objective was to survive and get back into a certain building after and hour, so zombies camped outside the doors killing him and everyone who tried to make it back.  My point is that, although he was kind of an idiot when it came to tactics, he made the Centurion work for him and his little squad.  I'm known at my school for using Longshots a lot (although I'll have a higher ROF secondary), so a calibre converted Centurion should also work well for me, especially after I integrate another blaster under the barrel.

Standard Loadout:

Sixth Kira

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »

I think what many say about the Centurion being "useless for HvZ" is all unfair bias.  If you prefer a different type of weapon (pistols, rifles, semi-autos, "snipers", etc.), you should adapt your tactics and do just fine with it.  At a one-night mission last week, there was a new player who came with just a stock Centurion and six darts, but managed to survive to the end of the mission.  The mission objective was to survive and get back into a certain building after and hour, so zombies camped outside the doors killing him and everyone who tried to make it back.  My point is that, although he was kind of an idiot when it came to tactics, he made the Centurion work for him and his little squad.  I'm known at my school for using Longshots a lot (although I'll have a higher ROF secondary), so a calibre converted Centurion should also work well for me, especially after I integrate another blaster under the barrel.

Frankly, I'm just in love with the idea of swinging around a four-foot-long rifle against the zombies and somehow making it work. I'm also willing to bet that, due to the mass and visibility of the darts, calling hits would be quite a lot easier.

The main question I see now is - what secondary would one use with this thing? I'm leaning towards a Stryfe, as anything bulkier would slow you down too much.

"all of them"
evands

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »

The main question I see now is - what secondary would one use with this thing? I'm leaning towards a Stryfe, as anything bulkier would slow you down too much.

I only used my Centurion once, and a Stryfe makes a great secondary.  Higher ROF, you can scavenge darts rather than just using Megas, and it's easier to swing around for a quick shot.  I'm going to be integrating a blaster under the barrel, and I recommend you do it too.  Think of it like a Longshot; a slow bolt action blaster that you can integrate something like a Swarmy, Stryfe, or Rough Cut along with many other options that can get better ROF.

Standard Loadout:

Sixth Kira

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »

I'm trying to work out how to integrate something into this thing. It's massive enough as it is, and I feel as though any form of underbarrel weapon would be too far forward to be of any use. I also have no idea what I'd integrate, although I'm leaning towards Stryfe or Roughcut.

"all of them"
DarthMeow

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »

I'm trying to work out how to integrate something into this thing. It's massive enough as it is, and I feel as though any form of underbarrel weapon would be too far forward to be of any use. I also have no idea what I'd integrate, although I'm leaning towards Stryfe or Roughcut.

Swarmfire would work well if you put a remote trigger on it.

Main: Modded Stampede (various Slydev parts, AR removed, stock+elite CS spring, 3S Lipo), Retaliator (Sonic ice, OMW Stage 1 and 2), or Rayven (rewire, 3s Lipo)
evands

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »

On second thought, don't do the Rough Cut.  The pump will be way too far forward to be of any use.  On the other hand though, a Stryfe directly in front of the magwell will work perfectly.  I hold my Centurion with my front hand on the front of the magazine, so a Stryfe's handle will only add another inch and a half to that reach.  Reloading the Stryfe will be tricky, but it's capable of being done with one hand (unlike the Centurion's massive magazine) and having a jungle clip or Raider drum will keep you from having to reload too much.  I like the idea of having a fully automatic blaster under the barrel better than a Stryfe, because the distance to the Stryfe's handle will make firing it quickly more difficult, especially since you're using your non-dominant hand.  I know that firing my Stryfe integrated into a Longshot was terribly difficult to do quickly, because it felt awkward using my left hand to pull the trigger.  Maybe you could minimize a Rapidstrike and throw it under the barrel similar to how Toruk made his dual Rapidstrike?  That's going to be my backup if I don't use the Swarmfire.

Standard Loadout:

torukmakto4

Interstellar Caveman

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »

Maybe you could minimize a Rapidstrike and throw it under the barrel similar to how Toruk made his dual Rapidstrike?

I was going to suggest that.

I wonder if there is enough room in the grip frame of a C-gun to install flywheel and trigger switches (I'm guessing that there is). That would enable a one hand seamless RS changeover. This RS harness would deviate from the standard in that the positive rail going to the trigger and cycle switches would also pass through the "accelerator" switch so that unless the middle-finger button was pushed, the RS would remain dead when the C-gun trigger is pulled.

If you are empty or need to rack the one-foot bolt handle travel after you last Mega shot, you can just mash the switch and pull the trigger and you have full auto backup.

"Are banshees legal in HvZ?"
Quartermaster, Florida 501st
All AC drives all the time from here on. Brushes suck.
My nerf blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.