November 18, 2017, 09:44:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Feed all zombies" button error  (Read 3101 times)
MarinaUAB
* Game Organizer

« on: October 26, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »

Hi!

As it's weekend and our game is only active from Monday to Friday, yesterday night I tried to use the "Feed all zombies" button.
It did not only not feed all the zombies, but resetted all their life counters to the same hour(yesterday 12:00am) and gave them less life hours. (Our game's settings are that each tag gives Zs 72 hours of life, but they got like 30 instead).

What could have happened?
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »

Hi!

As it's weekend and our game is only active from Monday to Friday, yesterday night I tried to use the "Feed all zombies" button.
It did not only not feed all the zombies, but resetted all their life counters to the same hour(yesterday 12:00am) and gave them less life hours. (Our game's settings are that each tag gives Zs 72 hours of life, but they got like 30 instead).

What could have happened?

Thanks for letting me know. It is supposed to give everyone the same hour, since you're feeding all zombies. I also just tested the feed all zombies button in our demo game, and all zombies got fed 72 hours.  I can't seem to replicate the issue.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:47:14 PM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
MarinaUAB
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »

Seems like the page hates me!
Also, when an 0Z got fed, he got 48 hours instead of 72...
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »

Could it be that the person that reported the tag typed the wrong day? Can you be as detailed as you can with your feed process? Are people experiencing this when they feed through the tag page, or are you feeding as a moderator with the feed button?

Loading Please Wait...
MarinaUAB
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »

No, it's the players that are tagging. Today we got another error.
A Zombie tagged a human in the web and fed two friends. The tagged human and the fed zombies are now dead. He didn't type the wrong date.

Gabri Loncomilla has starved 36 minutes ago.
Anna Creus has starved 36 minutes ago.
Miriam Leyva has starved 36 minutes ago.
Daniel Tomate tagged Anna Creus 36 minutes ago.

When I open Daniel Tomate's options, it appears that the last time he was fed is 11/04/2013 12:50(today)
When I open Anna Creus' profile, it appears that she was tagged and fed last time on 11/01/2013 10:12(3 days ago)
The other two zombies have the starve timer set on 11/04/2013 12:50(the time Daniel Tomate fed them)

I really don't know what's wrong with our game.

Post Merge: November 04, 2013, 10:13:54 AM
Just happened again. Zombie tags human->both corpse.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:13:54 AM by MarinaUAB » Logged
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »

very strange. I'll do some testing. In the mean time, can you go ahead and revive them? You can do so from the players page.

Loading Please Wait...
MarinaUAB
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 04:03:19 AM »

Yes, of course! That's what I do everytime it happens.
Thank you!

Post Merge: November 05, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
I think we found something: it has something to do with the date of tag...

For no reason at all, sometimes when a zombie tags a human and feeds their friends, the web changes the day they were tagged and last fed to 01/11/2013 instead of 05/11/2013. But it only happens sometimes, and we still don't know why... Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:49:32 PM by MarinaUAB » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.