May 27, 2017, 04:07:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having trouble finding out how to organize a high school game  (Read 2320 times)
ashman1998

« on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:17 AM »

Recently I've had an interest in hvz. I feel that I can host an event at my high school but the problem is I don't know where to start. Should i first get some students interested and then approach a staff member and ask or first ask then get supporters, if so should i ask a principle or a teacher. I could use some advise based on what works best.

Thank you.
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »

If you can get a few of your friends on board with the idea, that will help. The biggest thing is finding someone at your school's staff who is willing to donate time to oversee it. If your school has any kind of Intramurals (casual games of basketball, volleyball, etc for everyone who wants to play), see if that person would be interested in doing this. Regardless of who you find that would be interested in donating their time to it, you'd probably need someone at the school to be present.

The other things to consider are location and supplies. Obviously you need a place to play - are you going to set up obstacles in the gym, use a field outside on the school property, or what? As far as supplies, can everyone supply blasters/socks and bandanas to use? Do you need to find things for obstacles (if in a limited play space), mission goals, etc? Advertising will also help and should probably be something you consider.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.