February 23, 2018, 04:16:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Odd Situations?  (Read 2050 times)
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« on: April 09, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »

So I am sitting in my stats class, not paying attention. And I wanted to evaluate the possible rulings on these situations...

1.) A zombie is standing on a windowsill outside of a building. The zombe reaches in, tags a human, with his feet firmly planted outside the window.

2.) Two zombies carry a human outside of a safe zone, and tag the human.

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings (SRU Moderator & Beer Critic)

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:26:01 PM »

afaik, neither of them would be legal.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »

So I am sitting in my stats class, not paying attention. And I wanted to evaluate the possible rulings on these situations...

1.) A zombie is standing on a windowsill outside of a building. The zombe reaches in, tags a human, with his feet firmly planted outside the window.

2.) Two zombies carry a human outside of a safe zone, and tag the human.

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings (SRU Moderator & Beer Critic)

1.) Our safe zones are human permeable but not zombie permeable. Humans can shoot in and out of safe zones, but zombies can't tag across the safe zone boundary.

2.) DBAD Violation.

Quote from: aylatrigger
Explosives aren't really my style.  I prefer thermite.

Quote from: Markus
Well, at least I know I could handle getting shivved in prison now.
Protagonistics

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »

1) Check your rules. as per the situation, Goucher's rules state that "a zombie must have both feet outside of a safe zone to tag a human." If you're going by them then YES that would be a kill. We had an incident a few years ago where a zombie girl was in class next to a human. she opened the window, stuck her feet outside and tagged him legally. How much of a foot outside is up for debate, but I would definitely say that that would be a legit kill in your case.

2) Total DBAD violation.
Pactree

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »

I used to play in Berea college's HvZ madness, and they allow zombies to tag inside of a safe zone as long as both feet are firmly planted outside a safe zone (with the rules I played by humans could not shoot out of safe zones. They have recently changed to shooting out of one door only exits). I tell you that to tell you this, at one point during our second game, I think, a human player was explaining HvZ to his class when a zombie reaches in the window and tags him. Another story was during our last game a human player was running away from a bunch of zombies and he jumped into a  building (safe zone) but a zombie spun around, dropped on his back and tagged him with both feet firmly planted.

A day may come when the courage of humans fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of humans comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.