May 27, 2017, 04:08:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have any organizers had to deal with a city government before?  (Read 8774 times)
Verdagon

« on: February 07, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »

Hey, here in my hometown we've recently been "shut down" per se by zoning laws. Our normal game area is apparently zoned "open space" and pre-advertised events over 25 people aren't allowed down there.

We're trying to get the city to change its zoning laws. Does anyone know if any other HvZ organizers have dealt with cities or any sort of government or bureaucracy in general. Also, does anyone know of any cities (not colleges) that look kindly upon the game? It would probably help our cause to mention a few cities that like the game.

Thanks!
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »

First of all, yikes. What is the space, exactly? I would think that a public park wouldn't have that zoning restriction, but- dealing with city administration- good heavens. As for previous experience, there's the infamous Melbourne, Australia game, but as I understand it, they had their own issues with bureaucracy. Mainly because they had what's claimed to be ~6000 players...

University administration is one thing, but I would really hesitate to try and take on a regional body of government. At this point, you might just want to find another space. I don't know if it's worth it.

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
Verdagon

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »

The space isn't a public park per se, but people like to hike down there, bring their dogs, and go jogging.

The game area is pretty amazing, so I'm going to keep fighting for it. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.