March 28, 2017, 09:53:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Official HvZ Marshmallow Blaster  (Read 7795 times)
Sklover
* Administrator

« on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »

Howdy!

Over the last year, we've been working with Marshmallow fun to design a slick marshmallow launcher. They just arrived yesterday. I hope that you guys like them! If you're interested, we're selling them on our merch page for only $25.

Loading Please Wait...
SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »

Damn, the mod potential here looks exciting - shove some pvc and couplers in there and you've got a high volume, double-barrel rcsb'd HAMP almost OTB.

"Am I tacticool yet?"
Highlander

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »

Nice!Looks cool!
irishknots

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Has anyone used a similar blaster in games before? How do marshmallows fair as an ammo type? I know its not nerf, so I want to hear from those of you who have used something similar.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:47:29 PM by irishknots » Logged

Primary: RapidStrike/Swarmy/RS mini
Secondary: 180 Blade Stryfe
Tertiary: Hammershot/Triad
Lots of ammo/socks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW_0lfGSjg
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

Has anyone used a similar blaster in games before? How to marshmallows fair as an ammo type.

Marshmallows always have been an accepted ammo type- they're commonly used on campuses where dart blasters are banned. They get a lot less range than darts, of course. This looks like a lot of fun, not the least of which is that it's double barreled. I mean, come on, it's perfect!

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
evands

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »

Marshmallows always have been an accepted ammo type

Actually, they're not allowed on my campus.  I think it's because the city-squirrels are already vicious enough, and feeding them marshmallows will just make even more likely to come closer to people.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
Herbert West

Mad scientist

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »

For those of us who can't use marshmallows, how well does this blaster work with chopped up darts? (I'm assuming that silicone sealant or equivalent will be needed to fill the hole in the middle of each dart segment.)

Quote from: Agatha Heterodyne
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »

Actually, they're not allowed on my campus.  I think it's because the city-squirrels are already vicious enough, and feeding them marshmallows will just make even more likely to come closer to people.

Pfft, point. I meant that it's commonly been an accepted alternative to a dart, depending on where you are. Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.

Boff

Bristol HvZ Founder

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:33:03 PM »

Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.

Citation needed. Smiley

evands

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 02:10:22 AM »

Citation needed. Smiley

Done.

We actually have problems with squirrels stealing darts as well.  I'd love to see how they react to having marshmallows fired at them, but unfortunately that's not allowed.

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 02:11:36 AM »

Safety liability. You know. For the squirrel.

mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »

Whatever happened to the official HvZ blasters? They kind of just disappeared.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:43:10 PM »

Whatever happened to the official HvZ blasters? They kind of just disappeared.
I remember seeing the 8 shot one sit in Toys R Us for a long, long time - it just seemed like they really didn't sell as much as they would have hoped.

I would love to see a HvZ-customized paint job for actual Nerf though. Would probably be a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo, but an awesome-painted Rough Cut or Rampage or whatever would be sweet.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
Hardware
* Game Organizer

Vanguard Squad Armorer

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »

I would love to see a HvZ-customized paint job for actual Nerf though. Would probably be a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo, but an awesome-painted Rough Cut or Rampage or whatever would be sweet.

I'll do it for the heck of it. What do you have in mind for a color scheme? Primarily black, with white and the Zed-hvz logo?

Loadout:
9.6v Rayven on shoulder sling w/35 drum and mounted Polaroid sports action video camera
12v Swarmpistol
Sock bandolier and dart pouch, Triad
A lot of stupidity

Building stuff is the most fun part of HvZ.
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »

I'll do it for the heck of it. What do you have in mind for a color scheme? Primarily black, with white and the Zed-hvz logo?
I'd stay away from black as we don't want people thinking they're actual weapons. I am a huge fan of darker color schemes with silver detailing though. A nice navy blue, dark red, dark green (much darker then sonic or vortex lines) all can look really awesome.

Out of curiosity, is this a pure shotgun-style'd weapon? I see the capacity is up to 50 (obviously mini-marshmallows can vary in size), but about how many does it fire per shot? May consider one if this is a true shotgun weapon.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.