May 27, 2017, 07:09:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Forts  (Read 6757 times)
Kato
* Game Organizer

« on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »

So lets talk forts....

This semester my school is going to introduce a superhuman who can build PVC walls that about 6.5ft long and 4.5ft tall and they can have as many walls as they can carry (the wall is collapsible), im really hoping to see some body build a fort near a building or in a courtyard.

So...

Zombies how would you attack this weird new structure???

Humans how would defend and build the fort or what ever you wanna call it???

But... I just want to hunt Zombies!!!
Zombona

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:11:05 AM »

I would find a nice alley that is used by the zombies often and block it off.
One the topic of a fort however I'd say construct it where it is needed. Do you need to set up a "safe zone" somewhere. I'd set it up with just 1 or 2 openings (on the same side for 2 openings) Then you could stand at the back of the base and shoot as they try to enter, those that are stunned will try to stay out of the way/retreat and cause some confusion as well as a bottleneck. Though that would open up the possibility for dead zeds to act as "bullet shields" and upset everyone.

I do so love my OJ Stryfe.
Deathwish

RHUL HvZ

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »

RHUL HvZ has done shields (a good 3 feet by 4 feet) for both Humans and Zombies.

How would I attack a shield as a zombie? Either ambush or lots of Zeds coming very fast (because retreating with a shield isn't that easy).

Primary: Elite Rayven - Bella
Secondary: Sweet Revenge/SideStrike
Darts, darts and even more darts.

Armoury: Sonic Longstrike w/ OMW Polycarb., 5kg Spring, Xplorer Rapid-fire Grip - Sasha
Zombie Role: Scout (Diversion)

Why Deathwish? Not a clue.
Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »

RHUL HvZ has done shields (a good 3 feet by 4 feet) for both Humans and Zombies.

How would I attack a shield as a zombie? Either ambush or lots of Zeds coming very fast (because retreating with a shield isn't that easy).

How well did the shields work, for the humans and zombies? And were there any major tag disputes or moderating problems with the shields?

Also as a Zombie how would you attack a four walled fort?

Zombona

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:20:16 AM »

Well if I was a zombie I wouldn't attack the fort. I might lurk around the fort and try to tag some unsuspecting peeps on their way to the fort. The game I play at has a few intermissions where the humans meet up in one spot and the zombies another. When I am a zombie I try to encourage a few of us check up on the safe zone every so often and see if we can cut a human group off and make them flee or risk losing a few. (As a human if you miss the intermission you are declared a zombie.)

Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:45:36 PM »

Well if I was a zombie I wouldn't attack the fort. I might lurk around the fort and try to tag some unsuspecting peeps on their way to the fort.

Okay, that is an interesting way to go about it. So you would rather trap the humans inside and make any rescue attempts futile?

Zombona

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 06:20:21 AM »

Not per say, I wouldn't try to trap them in there (I avoid trying to break new rules and bonuses, I feel like that would be unsportsmanlike). I would try to trap them outside of the fort.
If there was no one coming I would depart and search for other humans. Maybe try to convince someone to stay behind and out of sight and inform people when a group of humans leaves.

Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »

Not per say, I wouldn't try to trap them in there (I avoid trying to break new rules and bonuses, I feel like that would be unsportsmanlike). I would try to trap them outside of the fort.
If there was no one coming I would depart and search for other humans. Maybe try to convince someone to stay behind and out of sight and inform people when a group of humans leaves.

Why not? Puppy Dog a makeshift fort that humans built should happen in my eyes, whats the point of making one if not to create a "Safe" area in the middle of hostile territory??

Zombona

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »

I am not sure what you mean here.

"Why not?"
What part of my comment are you contesting?

"Puppy Dog a makeshift fort?"
I am unsure what you mean.

I thought the whole premise of the fort was that is was not actually a safe zone and was only safe by being easily defended. This being the case I don't it is something that would be worth "seiging" if there were humans inside, instead my prefered strategy would be to keep them out of the fort or die trying.
IMO zombie time would be better spent chasing humans that were not so well defended.

Herbert West

Mad scientist

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:19:00 AM »

I'll assume that you've already ensured that these walls will not be placed in a way that inconveniences nonplayers. I'll assume that you've already ensured that the walls are sturdy enough that a zombie who crashes through them won't be injured by broken PVC (after all, if zombies are not allowed to crash the walls on purpose, they may still do so by accident).

Are humans other than the aforementioned superhuman allowed to move these walls? Are zombies allowed to move and/or knock over the walls? Do the walls have gaps in or between them such that zombies could slip through them (while being slowed, of course)? Could a perversely creative human use some duck tape and string to create a mobile impenetrable fort under a literal reading of the rules?

Quote from: Agatha Heterodyne
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »

I'll assume that you've already ensured that these walls will not be placed in a way that inconveniences nonplayers. I'll assume that you've already ensured that the walls are sturdy enough that a zombie who crashes through them won't be injured by broken PVC (after all, if zombies are not allowed to crash the walls on purpose, they may still do so by accident).

Are humans other than the aforementioned superhuman allowed to move these walls? Are zombies allowed to move and/or knock over the walls? Do the walls have gaps in or between them such that zombies could slip through them (while being slowed, of course)? Could a perversely creative human use some duck tape and string to create a mobile impenetrable fort under a literal reading of the rules?

The Walls will not be allowed to imped NPC foot traffic at all, (so no walk ways, also must be 20ft from any doorway and steps) if they are caught breaking any of those rules we have decided to take the walls that are "breaking" the rule.

The walls are sturdy enough that they will stay together if knocked over, and that will have to be a purposeful attempt, as well the zombies can not touch the wall but can reach through it, this is to help keep the zombies from making a mistake like running in to a wall, or getting to close. Also the humans can shoot through the wall due to the first tier, looks more like a pasture fence (ill add pictures when i get a chance).

We have discussed that as well, it must take 3 humans, 1 being the Engineer, the other 2 it does not matter. They can not shoot while moving the wall either.

The zombies are not allowed to mess with the walls unless no human is present to "defend" them, then the only action allowed is to either notify a mod or pack the wall up and bring it straight to the mod table. Zombies and HUMANS are not allowed to pass through, over or under the wall. They may only go around the wall.

The only walls available to be used are the ones that are Mod Approved and Given to a human by a Mod, if seen breaking this rule a strike will be awarded.

Herbert West thanks for the Questions i appreicate the counters

I am not sure what you mean here.

"Why not?"
What part of my comment are you contesting?

"Puppy Dog a makeshift fort?"
I am unsure what you mean.

I thought the whole premise of the fort was that is was not actually a safe zone and was only safe by being easily defended. This being the case I don't it is something that would be worth "seiging" if there were humans inside, instead my prefered strategy would be to keep them out of the fort or die trying.
IMO zombie time would be better spent chasing humans that were not so well defended.

The why not is directed to the "trapping" humans in the fort, In my eyes this is the same as pinning them inside of a courtyard on campus.

Puppy Dog a makeshift fort i mean that i would as a zombie causing any reinforcement of the fort futile and not worthy of saving.

Also as a zombie if i notice that this fort is not as easily defensible as the humans think, i would use an assortment of both supers and regs to take the fort down, destroying morale of the humans. Plus them building the fort is kind of middle finger towards the zombies and a challenge to be taken. At least in my eyes.

Deathwish

RHUL HvZ

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »

How well did the shields work, for the humans and zombies?

They were effectively used by both sides from what I can remember. The zombies were allowed to use it as a decoy (like a wall) and run off elsewhere to set-up ambush, but I don't remember how effective that was in getting people tagged.

And were there any major tag disputes or moderating problems with the shields?

I was zombie for most of that game and it certainly allowed for some close calls, but with many seasoned players, there weren't any major disputes I was aware of.

Also as a Zombie how would you attack a four walled fort?

With no shields, I wouldn't. I 'd try and get people on their way to it. It's a big thing screaming everyone must congregate here.

As a human, I wouldn't go near a fort unless I was in a group of at least 5-6 alert players because of that.

Primary: Elite Rayven - Bella
Secondary: Sweet Revenge/SideStrike
Darts, darts and even more darts.

Armoury: Sonic Longstrike w/ OMW Polycarb., 5kg Spring, Xplorer Rapid-fire Grip - Sasha
Zombie Role: Scout (Diversion)

Why Deathwish? Not a clue.
Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 08:37:37 AM »

I was zombie for most of that game and it certainly allowed for some close calls, but with many seasoned players, there weren't any major disputes I was aware of.

That's good, i only expecting any kind of problems would come from new players, seasoned players normally don't care and are just there for fun.

With no shields, I wouldn't. I 'd try and get people on their way to it. It's a big thing screaming everyone must congregate here.

If you had an assortment of super zombies would that make you more aggressive towards the fort? im asking because at my school we love to add in supers zombies.

_PyroManXx_

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 09:47:16 PM »

Attacking four walls guarded by humans as a zombie is about as effective as Leeroy Jenkins. However, get a low run, and just fling your body over the wall and slam as many humans as possible, if that's allowed.
Zombona

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »

Attacking four walls guarded by humans as a zombie is about as effective as Leeroy Jenkins. However, get a low run, and just fling your body over the wall and slam as many humans as possible, if that's allowed.

I'm going to go ahead and say that is not allowed. The idea is to not get injured while playing. Injuries get bad publicity.
The idea of the walls is to create an obstacle the zombies have to go around.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.