July 26, 2017, 06:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forts  (Read 7040 times)
_PyroManXx_

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and say that is not allowed. The idea is to not get injured while playing. Injuries get bad publicity.
The idea of the walls is to create an obstacle the zombies have to go around.
The only games I've played in so far, not being at college campuses, we have had a lot more freedoms as zombies.
Lordmonocrona
* Game Organizer

Check out my blog: thenerfviewpoint.wordpress.com

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »

In my games, we have a flag bearer who can set up a fort in common area, building, fenced area, etc. And once the flag is set, everything within that building or area is a "fort" the zombies CAN enter that fort, but once shot, they must leave to start their spawn timers. ik its a little different than what your talking about, but its an idea at least, and adapt it as needed. I was thinking for a general use, it could be a flag covering a 20 foot space or something

Check out my Blog!
http://thernerfview.blogspot.com/
"This class is boring, can we learn about dragons?"
impact36inc

"...The sweet piano writing down my life..."

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »

Idea inspired by this thread: (background, we play on a small campus with lots of woods around us)
Day One Mission: Humans have to build a fort in the woods. It will be complete for the mission when the walls are X feet high. The size of the fort is up to the players. This fort will then be used the rest of the week as "base-camp" for the humans to create a real survival-esque atmosphere. They would be able to improve the fort throughout the week. Game mechanics could be implemented where at least 1 human has to be in the fort at all times during play (we have quiet hours from midnight-6am). Humans could create guard shifts and such.
Zeds could not touch the walls, but could perhaps breach the entrance if left open.
Just a rough idea I had. Thoughts/suggestions?

Head Moderator @ Johnson State College
Primary - EAT
Secondary - Stockade
Team Alpha Strike  - Squad Leader
Kato
* Game Organizer

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 10:14:10 PM »

Idea inspired by this thread: (background, we play on a small campus with lots of woods around us)
Day One Mission: Humans have to build a fort in the woods. It will be complete for the mission when the walls are X feet high. The size of the fort is up to the players. This fort will then be used the rest of the week as "base-camp" for the humans to create a real survival-esque atmosphere. They would be able to improve the fort throughout the week. Game mechanics could be implemented where at least 1 human has to be in the fort at all times during play (we have quiet hours from midnight-6am). Humans could create guard shifts and such.
Zeds could not touch the walls, but could perhaps breach the entrance if left open.
Just a rough idea I had. Thoughts/suggestions?

I like this idea, you could use it as trading post of some sorts as well

But... I just want to hunt Zombies!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.