March 23, 2017, 02:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety  (Read 43357 times)
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »

And make sure to get special finger bandages. Those things have helped me SOOOOOOOO many times with massive finger cuts

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »

I've found krazy glue to really be useful with deep cuts.  Probably not the greatest method, but it's worked for me so far.

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
Zed8
* Game Organizer

I love this game.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »

I've found krazy glue to really be useful with deep cuts.  Probably not the greatest method, but it's worked for me so far.
That seems like a... horribly bad idea.

You don't want those chemicals on your skin, let alone in it...

"Life is hard; its harder when you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
Pointman9

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »

That seems like a... horribly bad idea.

You don't want those chemicals on your skin, let alone in it...

I know it sounds ridiculous and probably dangerous but it worked several times

Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »

I can believe it. It basically is an artificial scab.

In fact, according to wikiality: "Cyanoacrylate is a tenacious adhesive, particularly when used to bond non-porous materials or those that contain minute traces of water. It is also very good at bonding body tissue, and while this can be a bothersome (or even dangerous) side effect during everyday use, it has been exploited for the benefit of suture-free surgery"

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
catbarf

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 11:21:18 PM »

Some varieties of superglue are designed for medical use. Yours, assuredly, is not, and getting it in a wound is bad not only because it cures on living tissue, but it can increase the risk of infection.
Pointman9

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »

Well that was all I had at the moment, besides scotch tape Smiley

I don't suggest doing this, but it sure does work if you have nothing else to use

ShiningPhoenix4
* Game Organizer

May God have mercy upon my enemies because I won't

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:40:50 AM »

Things like safety matter.
One thing I have learnt is that dont say something then contridict your self.
My wood work teacher was showing my class safety when using a bandsaw and how important it is to not put your hands near the blade. Then let's just say there was an accident and now my teacher doesnt have a thumb on his left hand.

THINGS DO HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT and sometimes you can't be prepared enough for it. But by being prepared and aware you can greatly lower the chances of  bad things happening. If my teacher was to use a scrap piece of wood to push it the little extra distance, his thumb could still be on. Simply by preparing himself so that his thumb didn't have to go near the blade.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:49:18 AM by ShiningPhoenix4 » Logged

HvZC Aus Moderator
Noble Team Leader
Primary: LongShot
Secondry: Alpha Trooper
Sidearm: Recon
Last Resort: Nitefiner
Clips: 11 x 6 round mags, 35 round drum, 5 x 18 round clips
Carry: Backpack, Bandolier
Zed kills: 120+
Kills as Zed: 14
Games played: 15
SnowDragon
* Game Organizer

Brisbane HvZ Administrative Organiser

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

Actually, super glue was developed for the express purpose of sealing up wounds, that's why it bonds so fast to skin.

On topic, Remember safety when not working as well. If your gonna trip over with your gear in game, make sure you dump the weapon you were holding before you go down, lest you land on it and really fuck yourself over.

Primary: LongStorm CS-MF
Secondary: Magstrike MOD 1
Side Arm: FuryFire MOD 2
Teritary: Rubber Training Knife (PK 92R10D)
Equipment: 13 6 shot magazines, 1 flip clip, 35 round drum, Tac Vest, 200 darts, hip holster, sling

Zombie Stuns: 136
Zombified: 10 times

RAIS - Corporate Safety
ShiningPhoenix4
* Game Organizer

May God have mercy upon my enemies because I won't

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 02:22:09 AM »

On topic, Remember safety when not working as well. If your gonna trip over with your gear in game, make sure you dump the weapon you were holding before you go down, lest you land on it and really fuck yourself over.

He is right it does hurt to land on your gear. Funny story, my mates and I were practicing getting out of the vehicle we use and then quickly getting into formation. Well I decided I was Master Chief and jumped out of the vehicle while it was moving. The instant I touched ground I was flung forward to then perform three barrelrolls. This was with full equipment on including backpacks with balsters in it and the sidearms in pockets and on hips. IT HURTS ALOT! Not only the landing on your blaster but also your blaster could break. Leaving you unarmed and injured aswell as a zombies lunch. om nom nom
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:24:05 AM by ShiningPhoenix4 » Logged

HvZC Aus Moderator
Noble Team Leader
Primary: LongShot
Secondry: Alpha Trooper
Sidearm: Recon
Last Resort: Nitefiner
Clips: 11 x 6 round mags, 35 round drum, 5 x 18 round clips
Carry: Backpack, Bandolier
Zed kills: 120+
Kills as Zed: 14
Games played: 15
broken

Accuracy Through Volume

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »

luckly the worst thing that has happened to me while modding guns was I gashed my index finger with a knife after a failed attempt to reinforce my LS's boltsled with epoxy putty and having to whittle it away so the sled would actually fit properly in the tracks again

Purdue HvZ
Fall '09, Spring'11 - Extracted | Spring '10, Fall '10, Fall'11 - Turned at extraction | Spring '12 - Moderator | Fall '12 - IT Committee Head | Spring '13 - Turned at extraction | Fall '13 - Turned at extraction

Primaries: Rapidstrike, Blowgun
Secondaries: Stormfire, Socks
catbarf

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:01:50 AM »

Actually, super glue was developed for the express purpose of sealing up wounds, that's why it bonds so fast to skin.

Cyanoacrylate uses water as a catalyst, which is why the moisture on skin makes it bond quickly. It was never originally meant to be for wounds- it was accidentally created in an attempt to make transparent plastic, then marketed as an adhesive. It was used by field surgeons in Vietnam (twenty years later) because if you have a two-inch hole in your gut it can't get much worse. It wasn't safe or practical then, and modern cyanoacrylates have a different chemical composition that eschews certain natural ingredients in favor of more effective synthetic counterparts which are far less benign when introduced to wounds, making it even worse.
Drillgorg

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 01:06:17 AM »

When removing air restrictors the hard way (like from an Alpha Trooper where it has to be drilled out), make sure to be VERY careful about getting rid of the orange plastic powder.  I blew though the chamber to test the airflow without the restrictor, and I ended up inhaling a ton of little orange plastic bits.  Not fun at all.
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »

My worse enemy when modding is my soldering gun. I either burn some hair (I have long hair, just sayin) or burn my finger(s) somehow.
Not as bad the other posts, guess I'm kind of lucky

When removing air restrictors the hard way (like from an Alpha Trooper where it has to be drilled out), make sure to be VERY careful about getting rid of the orange plastic powder.
ive used running water and those air duster things to get all the pieces out, works really well.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »

Yeah, I usually use running water to get the crap out, but I have inhaled the dust by accident as well before. Not good times.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.