December 13, 2017, 12:42:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety  (Read 48856 times)
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »

lol not as bad as my recent deploy shrapnel incident.
i was modding my GFs deploy last week and instead of taking it apart and overmodding it, i just removed the AR with copper piping and a hammer+coat hanger.
as i got about 4/5 of the gunk out, i still heard rattling...
so i decided to shoot it to help remove all the other shrapnel. after about 20 shots, i cocked the barrel to load some darts and test fire. i then emptied a clip and took it out to see what was left of my recent surgery on it, when BLAM! its hairpin trgger when off and launched dust and shrapnel into my eye...
FML.
i was lucky enough to not look directly down the barrel, but still some managed to reach my eye and cause me quite the most discomfortable vision for well over 4 days. i now wanna invest in goggles before i mod anything else.
listen to me kiddies as you may think goggles will make you look cool like bill nye, but wear them anyways when your modding ANYTHING...

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
dreamer

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »

Darwinism is a beautiful thing...

Primary: Modified Alpha Trooper/Raider
Secondary: Modified Maverick (x3), SecretStrike (x1), BuzzBee Tek 3 (x2)
Armory: Growing by the week...
School: East Carolina University (Graduate Student, MFA)
Ammo Compliment: 6rd Mags (x8), 2 belts, 35rd Drum (x1), 18rd Drum (x1)
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »

Darwinism is a beautiful thing...

Yeah? So is trolling by your tone mate.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:18:18 AM by SPooKYLuCaZ » Logged

Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »

Guys, you need to stop going off topic. Dreamer, this seems to be a speciality of yours, please try to curb it.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »

anyways-
just was wondering because this thread was created, whats the worst thing thats happened in anyones HVZ game?

Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 05:31:41 AM »

http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,2933.0.html
Happened some time after a game, but two controlled explosions and several closed streets is pretty serious Tongue

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »

Worst thing that has happened.... hmmmm
Things that I can recall seeing/hearing about

1st year SCAD played it, there were alleged reports of douchebags doing melee with their blasters
1st or 2nd year, a girl got her face cut by ribbon wire
Tagger dart + eye
A info-relay group sending out false information to the humans in order to get 1 (yes ONE) guy out of a dorm building (he said he had some good info shit and needed a distraction to get out) which resulted in the death of 80 humans. Never forget the Tuner Massacre.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Boom

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2011, 01:27:13 PM »

Here at Missouri S&T
We had a Person take out a railing once, Ran straight into it and dislodged it from the concrete. It's been over a year and it's still not been replaced properly.
We also had a moderator lead the human group (50+ people) into a busy street, Thank god the drivers were paying attention.
Another thing that happened was that a friend of mine tore his ACL (I think it is...) He ended up using a cane for the rest of the game,
he got the nickname "Dr. House" soon after that.
On another note our next game is in a month (Oct 31), so New stories are bound to be up.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Black Sheep

Theres one in every horde.

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 02:12:07 PM »

Back in April, a guy at the University of Iowa was hit by a car.   But im not sure that it counts as a HvZ related injury, coz while he was in the game, there was nothing game related going on at that moment and the people who saw it said he was not being chased or anything.   He did almost cost us our game tho. 

Squad: Z.E.R.O.

Primary: Alpha Trooper CS-18 (w/ Raider stock)
Secondary:
Sidearms:
Hold Out:
Gear:

Geeks Geeked:203
Brains Eaten: 57
Raist
* Game Organizer

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 12:20:11 AM »

Last year, at Northland College:

During the last stand mission at the end of the week, one of the zombies got a little over excited and tried to dive in order to tag a human (the idea being that some zeds would go high, and some low). He missed his tag and inserted his face into the human's kneecap. Crushed his cheekbone in, and had to have facial reconstruction surgery. He was pretty cheerful about it all, though.

Almost cost us our game though, as the first two years were run under the radar without much forewarning to the administration. So this year when we tried to go legit, it required a fair amount of police-state modifications and a little fast talking.

Loc: Northland College
Roles: Player/Organizer/Moderator
Pri: Stampede, 15V Rechargeable
Sec: Recon with Barrel Extension
Zuchu

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »

Last week on Tuesday I was working with an 8 man zombie death squad and we saw a human sprint by.  The guy was really excessively armed for going to class (so he had only a few less guns than I usually have while I'm alive) with a raider and a longshot w/ 2 35 round drums.  The guy sprinted first into a street which was under construction, and almost ran into a chain link fence.  The zombies calmly told him to calm down and walk over to a crosswalk before we resumed our chase.  Once both sides crossed the torn-up street, the guy takes off sprinting again.  He turned to fire at the closest zombie, stunned him, and then turned to book it as the rest of us started to close in. 

He turned straight into a van parked on the sidewalk (probably one of the construction workers).  This was when I discovered that raider beats van, because he left a 4 inch dent in the side and the raider didn't appear to be damaged.  Anyways, he fell after the epic collision, and we felt bad for the guy so we let him go.  Supposedly he made it through our scouts on the Oval (our quad) and to class.

Primary: everything but a stampede (too big to carry other guns)
Secondary: see above
Squad: That One Squad
Mantras:  trade space for zombies and MORE GUN!
Raist
* Game Organizer

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »

Props to you guys for being cool about it.

We usually play in the end of October, which means we're getting frost and rain during play (possibly snow). There's a ravine that goes through campus, with two bridges that tend to get rather slick at night. The first year we had a few problems with humans getting tagged after they had gone ass over teakettle.

blendent24

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »

I think the best way to provide first aid treatment over hot glue accidents that are supposedly done on a wide area of skin is to put tomatoes over them. Yeah I am not joking, you can actually use tomatoes over the blisters and it would surely help healing them. The tomatoes will absorb the water inside the blisters and hopefully any dirty water inside them which would prevent any infections, i recommend Atripla (Efavirenz-Emtricitabine-Tenofovir) is the best medication to treat AIDS and other infections.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:33:44 PM by blendent24 » Logged
Raist
* Game Organizer

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »

I've never heard that about tomatoes (which are heavy on water content, usually).

Best thing for minor burns is generally cool running water immediately after burning. First aid treatment after the initial treatment (cool water) varies on the circumstances and type of burn.

On a side note, you can use pickles to reduce discoloration in bruises. Although you'll likely still need to ice and elevate the bruise to reduce swelling.

Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »

I think the best way to provide first aid treatment over hot glue accidents that are supposedly done on a wide area of skin is to put tomatoes over them. Yeah I am not joking, you can actually use tomatoes over the blisters and it would surely help healing them. The tomatoes will absorb the water inside the blisters and hopefully any dirty water inside them which would prevent any infections.
It works.

Go save lives, donate blood.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.