September 26, 2017, 05:16:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting an RV resort event  (Read 1553 times)
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« on: January 28, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »

Shameless C&P from my NH thread, since you guys should weigh in too.
Little background, I run HvZ wars on my college campus, with ~200 players, for charity. Haul in a few grand every year for Children's Miracle network, et cetera.

A local five-star RV resort got wind. They want me to put on a 3-5 day HvZ on 195 acres... for up to 2000 people. Has anyone ever done a BIG event like this? It's primarily stock class, as these are retired folks, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and their kids/grand kids. Demographic ranges from 0-95. I was thinking a small war for an hour or two for 0-12, then the full blown one for 13-95, but honestly it's a bit overwhelming.

Any tips on managing big groups? Inspecting THAT MANY blasters for safety? Enforcing rules? The resort has a few hundred employees, and will be running the event, but I'll be directing efforts.

Youtube Home to FoamTech, the Nerf science series!
Primary: Extreme Pro 180 motor Rapidstrike, 2S lipo, 4S for foam ropes, underslung Titan.
Secondary: Sanguine (WIP)
Justplanefun2
* Game Organizer

Embry-riddle Prescott class of 2018

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »

Where is this located?  I'd like to come help if it's not more than a few hours away (I live in Minneapolis MN).  If I remember correctly from shipping you the centurion, you live in SD?

This event sounds like it could be a TON of fun if you pull it off right.  Sounds like a lot of planning for missions and logistics is needed.

Primary: Blade 180 2S Lipo stryfe "Spectre" with 18rd box mags
Secondary: AR and peg removed hammershot "Wingman" holstered
Specials: brassed Panther shotgun pistol made by TheSilverhead, 3-foot blowgun
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.