May 27, 2017, 02:10:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Housing for Inivationals  (Read 2041 times)
Kato
* Game Organizer

« on: February 12, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »

Hey guys I need some help/advice.

My school and I are trying to hold a weekend game for other schools to come play on our campus. The only issue we have ran into so far has been how are we supposed to house possibly 200-300 people. I was thinking like a tent city or finding some rec rooms in the middle of campus to rent out for the weekend and just have them bring sleeping bags. We are getting to the point of telling everyone to just rent a hotel room but I know that will significantly drop our expected numbers.

Any advice on what you have seen at other schools or how you would handle please let me know we would like this to become an annual event.

But... I just want to hunt Zombies!!!
Jarvii

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:52:13 PM »

Go talk to whoever runs your school's Student Organizations, even if you aren't one they might have some options for you or they might at least be able to help you set up something.
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 06:04:03 PM »

The typical approach in the past has been to have members and officers open up their dorm rooms to prospective guests and have players request those accommodations on a first-come-first-serve basis.

This obviously tacks on another set of logistics for y'all to deal with in the months heading up to the Invitational as you need to keep track of available rooms, when you've run out, and whether you've contacted everyone who has requested a room at least a month before the event. For whatever reason, admin teams have been more or less leaving it to the players to sort out on their own these days. I guess this works fine for people who have friends and contacts already, but can be alienating for first-timers.

Another approach (that rarely works) is contacting local hotels and trying to throw together a group discount for your guests.

Source: have run invitationals before
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.