October 17, 2017, 03:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stryfe Modding Problem  (Read 1204 times)
Agiel882

« on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:52 AM »

Hey all!
So I've just gotten into modding a stryfe, and I've taken out the trigger lock so that the trigger revs as well as firing, but despite all the other locks working fine, and the circuit revving up fine with just the pull of a trigger, the moment a clip with ammo is loaded into the gun the motors shut down. An empty clip lets the gun still rev, and if the gun is allowed to rev before the clip is added, and the motors are still spinning, the gun can fire as I would like it to, with a single trigger. This leads me to assume that the feeder arm is pushing the bullet into the flywheels before they have time to start spinning, stopping them from being able to. Is there a way around this?
Thanks!
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »

It sounds like you are trying to use the stock switch/button setup in which the trigger and the rev button happen to interfere (such that pulling the trigger will rev) as a 2 stage trigger, in which pulling the trigger should start the flywheels and then feed a round into them.

The problem is that the timing of the stock setup (which is not meant for any such purpose)  is not even close to being what is required to do that. The switch needs to close with as little trigger travel as possible at the beginning of the pull before the pusher begins stripping a round from the mag.

Also, such a configuration is not useful with stock motors and certainly not the stock battery setup and wiring. You need to have a high-end power system to get the response necessary to not have a liability of jamming or inconsistent velocity.

I suggest that you simply learn to use the rev button properly. This is a case where manual is better than automatic. Hardly any high level player runs a 2 stage trigger. It's all rev buttons across the board.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.