September 02, 2015, 07:45:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 593975 times)
Zim

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #3855 on: January 09, 2015, 10:25:06 PM »

Commission. Plasma Dash Rayven,

Soooo..... when a Rainbow Dash Rayven?
Does the charging cord get in the way of mag-dropping?
Anyways, great blaster, it looks nice.

rekk34

« Reply #3856 on: March 01, 2015, 06:05:27 PM »

Current project

* 2015-03-03 13.29.52.jpg (741.67 KB, 1421x776 - viewed 215 times.)

* 2015-03-03 13.38.44.jpg (859.59 KB, 990x1354 - viewed 161 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:39:11 PM by rekk34 » Logged

SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #3857 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »

Good god man, there's never any half measures with you, are there?

"Am I tacticool yet?"
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3858 on: March 04, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »

Realized it never posted this. Zim, nope, charging cord doesn't get in the way. Though he had me put in a piddly 1S (didn't want any external battery showing) and it dies way too fast. Caveat emptor. Rekk, that is sweet. Internal shots?
Oh, made this for my girlfriend. Not part of my loadout, but it will likely feature as a prop in our games. Took a week, all PVC, paint, and a heat gun, except for the handle, which a local diesel depot had a bin of old ones for free.

Edit: Masturcief42, nope, she's on her own for that. I'm not good at 'soft' crafts like fabrics. I didn't realize that this lovely prop was as tall as she is until giving it to her, though. Hehe.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:58:18 PM by TheSilverhead » Logged

Youtube Home to FoamTech, the Nerf science series!
Primary: Extreme Pro 180 motor Rapidstrike, 2S lipo, 4S for foam ropes, underslung Titan.
Secondary: Sanguine (WIP)
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #3859 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »

Oh, made this for my girlfriend. Not part of my loadout, but it will likely feature as a prop in our games. Took a week, all PVC, paint, and a heat gun, except for the handle, which a local diesel depot had a bin of old ones for free.

Do you have a gas mask and asbestos lined suit to go with it?

Go save lives, donate blood.
rekk34

« Reply #3860 on: March 09, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »

Update: I need some opinions on this color scheme.

1. Do you like the color scheme or should i sand it all down and repaint something completely different?

2. if you do like the scheme, what other sections should be painted blue? should i do a fade, dry brushing, or any other effects?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

* 1542.png (492.45 KB, 806x456 - viewed 158 times.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:19:48 PM by rekk34 » Logged

bbdude101

« Reply #3861 on: April 23, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »

This is a rapidstrike commission I just finished up. I call it the Triplestrike.

As you can see, it is based off Coops Hyperstrike, at least cosmetically it is. Coop did a nice job on the Hyperstrike, but a blaster of this caliber is screaming for a proper battery and motors.

If you are unfamiliar with how this works, the center (main blaster) is operated just like a normal RS. The fun stuff is the two RSs attached to the sides. The flywheels are operated by the red button on the front hand guard (left side) and the pushers are operated by the black button on the other side. The main RS has all the usual mods done; FC180s, full rewire with Teflon insulated wire, microswitch for the rev circuit. Both side blasters have the flywheel motors and pusher motors wired up to the buttons in the main blaster and have carbon brush upgrades for all the stock motors. Using 180s in the side blasters as well would take up too much current, so I opted to leave those stock and throw the carbon brushes in there for longevity. The whole baster is powered by a single 7.4v 2000mAh lipo housed in the hand guard.

Cosmetically, it has a black vinyl dye base coat with an automotive blue paint followed with an automotive clear coat and enamel hand paints. As you can see, the side tac-rails have been removed from all three blasters. This is because during the minimazation, the rails on the side blasters end up getting cut shorter and are no longer useful, and having the side blasters blocks the main blasters side rails. All the side rails were removed, filled with a small square of Plexiglas, then smoothed out with Bondo. Very pleased with the end result, expecially since it is only my second time using Bondo to fill holes in a shell.

I really love how it turned out. Minimal external wiring, single power source, and shoots like a boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzA-fG5NmQ

For more pictures, check out my photobucket.
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jordanab9/library/Nerf?sort=3&page=1
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:51:19 PM by bbdude101 » Logged

Click here for my current eBay Listings!
Message me for commissions!
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3862 on: April 23, 2015, 11:26:57 PM »

I'd give it some blue highlights (Small things like buttons, fake screws, or small sections) to carry that color through. As it stands the blue is a bit isolated, and needs some main-body anchor. Also, the magwell is a lot of uninterrupted yellow. Maybe add some thick diagonal black stripes across the magwell and a few other areas for an industrial feel, and to break up color walls.

Youtube Home to FoamTech, the Nerf science series!
Primary: Extreme Pro 180 motor Rapidstrike, 2S lipo, 4S for foam ropes, underslung Titan.
Secondary: Sanguine (WIP)
Herbert West

Mad scientist

« Reply #3863 on: April 24, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »

That shade of blue does not look good in large swaths, at least to my eyes, but it does go well with the yellow. In general, it is a good idea to use a colour in a consistent manner across an entire blaster. Having a large swath of blue at the front, and none anywhere else, makes the front look like it should be part of a different blaster.  If I were you, I'd paint the Nitron parts that used to be orange yellow, and then use blue to highlight details and to break swaths of yellow across the entire blaster.

The Retal barrel extension looks lopsided in this picture, but it wasn't previously. Fixing this is important if you want your blaster to look good.

Quote from: Agatha Heterodyne
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
rekk34

« Reply #3864 on: April 26, 2015, 11:04:28 AM »

Thanks for the input guys. On a side note, the blaster is disassembled here so that's why some parts look lopsided.

EDIT: I've decided to painstakingly sand the entire thing down and do a clean repaint in a new color scheme. This should be fun...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:07:21 AM by rekk34 » Logged

Herbert West

Mad scientist

« Reply #3865 on: April 26, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »

If you plan on repainting the whole thing anyway, it would be worthwhile to fill in the gaps in the Nitron shell, or at least neaten the edges. Flattened PVC works well for this. Scrap shell plastic should work well for small holes.

Quote from: Agatha Heterodyne
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
rekk34

« Reply #3866 on: May 12, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »

Here's a preview of my current project:

Also I'll be starting a youtube channel pretty soon where I'll upload videos on this blaster, my rayven/nitron (which I just finished repainting tonight), and a couple other secret projects. Once I have everything up and running I'll post the link to the new channel in my sig if anyone is interested.

Rayven/Nitron update:
just need to seal and paint the armor, add some LED's, and another rear tube holder on the left hand side.

* 11225815_994768417229938_77262180_n.jpg (126.74 KB, 960x540 - viewed 119 times.)

* 11267626_995130037193776_1702977749_n.jpg (98.83 KB, 540x960 - viewed 119 times.)

* 11255156_995130150527098_1324002669_n.jpg (59.64 KB, 540x960 - viewed 110 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:07:23 PM by rekk34 » Logged

Tazok

« Reply #3867 on: June 11, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »

Picked up this off-brand blaster late last year, finally got around to re-painting it. 

From my limited tests, it makes a pretty good close combat blaster, with the high capacity (20 dart) drum and easy of reloading (you can reload on the move).  One downside is the darts it comes with are shorter than nerf darts, so you can't fire regular nerf darts.
bbdude101

« Reply #3868 on: July 20, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »

Here is a project I finished up about a week ago. Its a singled "sniper" bolt-action Longshot.

Yes, singled blasters arnt very practical for HvZ, but this thing is still alot of fun to play around with!

Although singling the Longshot removes the ability to use a clip, it also makes it possible to operate the blaster without the bolt sled, which is the most common failure point. Due to this fact, I opted to put in the 8kg (I believe) Orange Mod Works spring inside this bad boy and dont have to worry about it breaking.

This blaster is singled with a CPVC and has a 12in barrel, which aside from extending out the front and looking sweet also adds range. Other mods internally include a reinforced trigger to remove any slop, FBR sound reduction (but it is still pretty loud), locked and extended stock, and hot glue filled handle to reduce flex.

Cosmetically I filled the original priming slot and the mag release with Bondo for a smooth finish, followed by a grey w/ charcoal grey splatter vinyl dye paint job and black accent paint.

More pictures can be see here:
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jordanab9/library/Nerf?sort=3&page=1

Click here for my current eBay Listings!
Message me for commissions!
irishknots

« Reply #3869 on: July 20, 2015, 08:29:55 PM »

My good primaries: Los Diablos Rojos - the RS brothers.

Primary: RapidStrike/Swarmy/RS mini
Secondary: 180 Blade Stryfe
Tertiary: Hammershot/Triad
Lots of ammo/socks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW_0lfGSjg
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.