October 25, 2014, 08:39:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Off Your Armory/Loadout (image heavy)  (Read 480915 times)
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3855 on: August 12, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »

Just finished a Sweet Revenge for a friend who doesn't want a pink gun. Shh, don't tell her I put LED's in it, she'll hit me. They are actually blindingly bright- the camera can't capture it at all.

My Youtube
Soon to be filled with science!
Primary: Extreme Pro 180 motor Rapidstrike, 2S lipo, 4S for foam ropes.
Secondary: Brassed Panther shotgun pistol
CybranWarrior22
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3856 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »

Just finished a Sweet Revenge for a friend who doesn't want a pink gun.
Nice! really digging the camo-ish paintjob  Cheesy
never liked the sweet revenge's handle though, to curved  Undecided

They are actually blindingly bright- the camera can't capture it at all.
Take a picture of it in the dark, then maybe we could see it a little more.

My HvZ loadout:
Primary: Stryfe (orange) w/ MEGA Magnus masterkey, raider stock, 18 mag & sling. locks + dart checker removed

Secondary: hammershot

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
in case your wondering the meaning  of my name:
http://supcom2.wikia.com/wiki/Cybran_Nation
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3857 on: August 24, 2014, 04:13:56 AM »

Take a picture of it in the dark, then maybe we could see it a little more.
Happy to oblige for a fellow Cybran player.

My Youtube
Zim

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #3858 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »

If you don't mind my asking, how did you craft the green and pink darts? Spray-paint, I'd assume? If so I may have more questions and possibly some testing...

TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3859 on: August 24, 2014, 10:40:42 PM »

If you don't mind my asking, how did you craft the green and pink darts? Spray-paint, I'd assume? If so I may have more questions and possibly some testing...
Actually, they came with the original Sweet Revenge. Along with rose-tinted safety glasses, to make the zombie apocalypse seem a bit brighter.

My Youtube
CybranWarrior22
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3860 on: August 24, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »

Happy to oblige for a fellow Cybran player.

Cybran, just the best  Tongue

also, geez! those lights are bright!, you weren’t kidding there.
those are going to kill her eyes, and also get her chewed on by zeds when her blaster lights up like a beacon  Cheesy

if i could make one, i would want a hammershot with orange or green L.E.Ds, that would be awesome

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:11:28 PM by CybranWarrior22 » Logged

My HvZ loadout:
Primary: Stryfe (orange) w/ MEGA Magnus masterkey, raider stock, 18 mag & sling. locks + dart checker removed

Secondary: hammershot

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
in case your wondering the meaning  of my name:
http://supcom2.wikia.com/wiki/Cybran_Nation
TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3861 on: August 28, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »

Teaching my roommate to spraypaint. Lesson one: Gradients and splatters.

My Youtube
Zim

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #3862 on: September 02, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »

Teaching my roommate to spraypaint. Lesson one: Gradients and splatters.

When will this course be available online, and, on a jesting note, can I get college credits for taking it? Grin

TheSilverhead
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3863 on: September 02, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »

When will this course be available online, and, on a jesting note, can I get college credits for taking it? Grin
You know, I really ought to do some youtube tuts. I've been asked more than a few times, but never thought I'd get any views. I'll do what I can on semester breaks and upload it.

My Youtube
ArcAngelXVI

« Reply #3864 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:45 PM »

Haven't done this in a pretty long time, but here's my *new* HvZ load out, and by far the most radical change I've made since I started playing.

The Loadout:

I've decided to move away from high powered breech fed, DMR-esque setups to something much more compact. Overall, my play style hasn't changed - I've just changed my priorities from mid-range combat to reliability and relying on stealth. Ditched the vest in favor of a belt setup to keep everything in a stable location and to shed as much excess bulk and weight as I could. As a general rule I like to minimize the percentage of my own weight that I carry since I'm a pretty small individual, lol.

Stryfe has NSR 3005 motors with a neodymium magnet swap being powered, as you can see, by a 2600 mAh 4s LiPo. Aside from the stated internal modifications, I've painted the shell in a white and black paint job and removed the stock Nerf rail in favor of a full length run of polymer picatinny rail. Side rail on the left hand side mounted far up on the blaster to mount whatever accessory I feel necessary at the time. In this case it's a light, but I'm thinking a shotgunned air tank for invitationals. The stock is a reworked and lengthened Retaliator stock which is meant to house the battery. Overall stock size is one inch longer than normal and I threw on a haphazardly made cheek riser recently to add a bit of usability. Sights are PTS MBUS sights and the red dot is the same one I use on my airsoft equipment. Lancer Tactical WML and a Magpul RSA so I can actually sling this while running. Shoots ~120FPS.

The sidearm is a Sweet Revenge that has honestly saved my ass so many times the past game I played, that I'm pretty much committed to always carrying it. It's not anything special internally except for the removal of the dart pegs and AR. I didn't want to upgrade the springs since the strong point of the blaster (and the Hammershot) is the one hand prime ability. Shoots ~75 FPS

My gear setup is a custom cutaway-molls belt panel I made with 3 rows and 9 columns. Kydex with 3 belt loops, the panel itself runs maybe 260 grams with pouches mounted. Running BFG Ten-speed SR25 pouches for my backup mags, and a Phantom Gear Aggressor double stack M4 pouch that really conveniently holds a single mag for primary reloads. Small little square is a BFG dump pouch that folds into a VERY small footprint when out of use. Overall, I can carry up to 4 mags (including whatever is already loaded), and generally carry 12's because 18's are too tall to be kept on my body with any sort of convenience. What's not pictured is an MS3 sling.

For some nostalgia, here's what I used to run in the past:

My personal favorite and probably my first feet first experience into HvZ and modding. 19/32 Brass Breech with 11Kg spring, cut for stefans only. Shoots 180FPS.

The revision of the blaster I ran last game (and also ended up bringing to the Binghamton Invite). A longer, but MUCH lighter alternative to my LS which was honestly just way easier to manage and carry. The first attempt at this had a slightly different breech design (SG Nerf Stampede style) while this one is more traditional (Standard brass breech). Both of them had a removable Thinwall PVC sheath to protect the barrel and a tubular stock equal in length to the LS stock fully extended. This one has a completely reworked catch and trigger mechanism replacing the stock setup. Overall, a decent idea, but the reliability with this build is honestly just very hit or miss. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times I honestly have no idea why it won't work properly. Shoots 170 FPS running a stock and 6KG OMW RP Spring.

I have probably spent way too much money on this game throughout the years. My current load out pictured up top is probably around $500... which is excessive, yet completely unsurprising to me now lmao. Then again, the same thing can probably be said about the people I play with xD
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:16:01 PM by ArcAngelXVI » Logged

Moderator @ SUNY Stony Brook Spring 2013

Hate Team R&D / Intelligence Group

Mission Loudout:
Stryfe PDW (NSR 3005 w/ Neo-magnet Swap, Microswitch replacement, 14.8 LiPo)
Sweet Revenge (AR Delete)
Ultra-low profile belt rig
T101killer24

« Reply #3865 on: October 11, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

I don't know why nobody but me use the vortex blasters. I use a pyragon to hose down my enemies and keep a revonix 360 as a back up I also keep a mega Magnus as a second backup just in case. That gives me 70 rounds total between the two vortex blasters and another three extra fast darts for emergencies.I also keep a fanny pack so that I can just pick up my disks as I run and throw them into the fanny pack so that I don't get caught with my pants down so to speak. Then I just find cover and reload at my leisure. All in all I've taken down ambushes of up to 11 zombies at a time and come out completely unscathed.I am just waiting for a high-capacity slam fire mega blaster to come out because I love the speed of the mega darts but I also love the slam fire ability of the vortex blasters.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.