August 27, 2015, 04:50:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasters, Tac Vests, New Shit, Oh My!  (Read 224905 times)
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1365 on: September 07, 2012, 06:04:22 AM »

Seeing as I've been waiting months for a certain blaster to hit stores, I had no intention of using it for HVZ until I considered the possibilities of using something that would fit quite well into the 'skirmishers' role. I personally detest the idea of gel shooters, spit-wad slingers, and pretty much anything non-foam as a whole because of the mess and lack of availability/popularity among other HVZers. I am now looking to change that since the Vapor Delta 500 was released, considering it has some real perks that nerf may never have. It is a water pellet shooter and I'm not afraid to admit wanting to use it atleast one full game! Grin Some things to notice about it from videos and reviews:
-Lighter ammo/built in ammo magazine/storage
-Up to 80' ranges
-Minimal spread with ammo,quite accurate
-100round capacity
-Cheap premade ammo(10$ for 1,000rounds, no need for presoaking Roll Eyes)
-Actually haz trigger!!!!!!11!!oneoneeleven11
And most importantly...
-Extremely reliable

I see this thing providing something special to any regular skirmishers arsenal since you can shoot it 100times before you need to reload. Its simple drop-in pellets mag seems like any plastic waterbottle with a nozzle could be a perfect way to store and refill the blaster. I doubt this being able to replace certain foam shooters, but its pump action reliability seems reminiscent of an elite alpha trooper if there ever was one.
Overall, thoughts/comments/flames?

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1366 on: September 07, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »

With the samples I got I didn't experience too many jams, the pistol aka Atlas 250, that's another story.

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
Tye Power

Z.E.U.S. Squad Leader

« Reply #1367 on: September 07, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »

Does anyone else look at the vapor and see "pump-action longshot"?

Squad: Z.E.U.S.
Primary: Over-volted Elite Rayven
Last Resort: Socks
Equipment: Camelback
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1368 on: September 07, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »

With the samples I got I didn't experience too many jams, the pistol aka Atlas 250, that's another story.
It seems they took their pistol and improved the design enough into a rifle. I commend them for actually evolving their designs and improving on them so soon.
I see one as well. I like the placement of the tact rail, instead of it being elevated on the handle of the blaster. The shell also reminds me of a crossbow...

Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1369 on: September 07, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »

My first thought was Xbow shell replicator.

Seriously, alter the stock and you're there. Actually, the Delta looks like it might be a bit thinner, so I don't know.

Edit:

I'm not positive about the scaling, but it ought to be close enough.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:27:35 PM by Ozymandias » Logged

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #1370 on: October 03, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »

Foam from above posted this image from a toy's r us. Good thing I live in vas's area.

Go save lives, donate blood.
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #1371 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »

look suspiciously like jolts 0.o
Probably because it's a hasbro game =p
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLUE-ELIMINATION-Ultimate-Stealth-Blaster-Game-4-Guns-12-Darts-20-Tgt-Cards-/390480236906?pt=Outdoor_Toys_Structures_US&hash=item5aea6f916a

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #1372 on: October 10, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »

I like the game Clue, but wtf is this?

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1373 on: October 11, 2012, 03:01:28 AM »

-snip- weird jolt ripoffs -snip-
Indeed. To quote, a great man once said, "what the fuck is this shit?!" Cheesy
I have been eyeing ebay lately for some slim pouches to attach to my hip rig to hold mostly whistlers for my blowgun when I came across this. The exact pouch(for 6$ more mind you) from a different seller had the measurements along with a variety of different patterns/skins. With the average 18 box magazine being estimated at 2.75" wide, 9" tall, and .5" thick these pouches should be able to carry 2-3 with no problem and either some socks on the sides, or 18drums feed top down. I guess I will have too see when mine arrives around the 18th!

torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #1374 on: December 19, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »

First time I saw this... thing in a store:

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #1375 on: February 14, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »

Wow, this thread is kinda dead. We haven't seen much new kit apart from Nerf products in a while...

http://www.nerfmodsreviews.com/2013/02/tek-recon.html

Tek Recon, a new product line from a yet unknown company. The ammo is yet another dart alternative: small, strange, oblong rubber rings. The breakout product is a pump-action carbine. 75' range (which is probably with elevation) is claimed. A small box magazine holds 90 (yes, 90) rounds. Mechanical operating principles are completely unknown along with a lot of other things.

Anyway, what distinguishes this from other failed attempts at non-dart-nerf-gun type of things is that the ammo is reusable. As much as the small size of the projectile might make this look more like Maxforce, Vapor or Xploders, I see it as closer to vortex (though the small projectiles would be more difficult to recover if used in HVZ). It at least stands a chance of being used somewhere by someone, and the magazine capacity is very appealing to those for whom getting through a firefight (let alone a whole mission) without a mag change is but a dream with dart guns and vortex.

One question: Any idea how the hell this thing is a stable projectile?

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #1376 on: February 14, 2013, 01:09:06 AM »

Wow, this thread is kinda dead. We haven't seen much new kit apart from Nerf products in a while...

http://www.nerfmodsreviews.com/2013/02/tek-recon.html

Tek Recon, a new product line from a yet unknown company. The ammo is yet another dart alternative: small, strange, oblong rubber rings. The breakout product is a pump-action carbine. 75' range (which is probably with elevation) is claimed. A small box magazine holds 90 (yes, 90) rounds. Mechanical operating principles are completely unknown along with a lot of other things.

Anyway, what distinguishes this from other failed attempts at non-dart-nerf-gun type of things is that the ammo is reusable. As much as the small size of the projectile might make this look more like Maxforce, Vapor or Xploders, I see it as closer to vortex (though the small projectiles would be more difficult to recover if used in HVZ). It at least stands a chance of being used somewhere by someone, and the magazine capacity is very appealing to those for whom getting through a firefight (let alone a whole mission) without a mag change is but a dream with dart guns and vortex.

One question: Any idea how the hell this thing is a stable projectile?

I think the app and holder would be effective for HVZ just for the radar functionality. If I can find out where teamates are by taking a peek at a screen could be very helpful. Then again, how often are you separated from your team?

Go save lives, donate blood.
irishknots

« Reply #1377 on: February 14, 2013, 01:09:43 AM »

These projectiles are probably stable through circulation, I assume that they are rotating in flight thus generating lift. Their small size also allows for a lesser drag than the XLR discs.
Additionally, these projectiles probably exhibit the same flight characteristics as rubber bands from a rubber band gun. They deform in flight and absorb any inconsistencies we may see in projectile darts.

Primary: RapidStrike/Swarmy/RS mini
Secondary: 180 Blade Stryfe
Tertiary: Hammershot/Triad
Lots of ammo/socks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW_0lfGSjg
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #1378 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »

I bet anything its a glorified rubber-band gun. Very cool looking though.

Edit: Meaning the firing mechanism, not the function of the projectile.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:14:33 AM by teek42 » Logged

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
ilikefish58

« Reply #1379 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something, but in the picture of that Havok in the box, where is the pump grip? In all the other pics and the video on NM&R, it has a pump grip, but in the packaging I don't see it. Weird because the box art itself shows the blaster with the pump grip.

Clue to how it works?

Trying to keep the Blogspot updated in 2013.

Everybody poops
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.