July 02, 2015, 10:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 99
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasters, Tac Vests, New Shit, Oh My!  (Read 217714 times)
Tye Power

Z.E.U.S. Squad Leader

« Reply #1290 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »

Whiteout in itself was a limited edition series, but I don't think the 18 drums were part of whiteout...so you may still be able to get them.

Squad: Z.E.U.S.
Primary: Over-volted Elite Rayven
Last Resort: Socks
Equipment: Camelback
darknyght00

« Reply #1291 on: March 26, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

That's what I thought. After a bit more poking around, I found the AT had been discontinued which accounts for the drums being sold out as everyone rushes to stockpile them. Hopefully I can find a few over Easter.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
Briguy52

Groovy!

« Reply #1292 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »

A week ago my Target in chicago still had a good stock of 18 round drums...

Rayven + Xploderz 200 = Main Loadout (mobile + all ranges covered)

Personal favorites: Maverick (don't hate), SM750, AT2k, TTG
darknyght00

« Reply #1293 on: March 26, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »

I suspect my location was simply out of stock because we had just started our game that week. It's kinda funny watching people who don't prepare for events ahead of time. One of our players left campus over the weekend to purchase a new blaster, came back, fired one round, and got tagged retrieving said round. I'm an Admin this game but when I play I stockpile groceries and such so I only have to leave for class, missions, and when I want to.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
Katyusha

« Reply #1294 on: March 26, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but has the Whiteout series been discontinued? I just bought the Rayven and wanted to get a few 18rd drums full of whiteout darts for foam density and ease of recovery but couldn't find the darn things. Also, I suppose the drums themselves are Target exclusives, huh? You'd think that would be something they'd put on their website.

One of the two Walmarts in the general vicinity of Portsmouth NH still has Whiteout ammo in somewhat limited quantities as of yesterday, so it's not totally gone, just really hard to find.  But regular old orange Streamlines also come in W-code, so you can still get Whiteout quality, just not Whiteout colors.  Orange W-code Streamlines seem to generally be found in the 100-round boxed packs; the 16- and 36-round bags seem to be mostly K-code with the occasional bag of T-codes.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1295 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but AirZone has new streamline-esqe darts.

http://imgur.com/a/BKAmm (Not my album)

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Briguy52

Groovy!

« Reply #1296 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »

Those were for the Air zone longstrike thing right?

Rayven + Xploderz 200 = Main Loadout (mobile + all ranges covered)

Personal favorites: Maverick (don't hate), SM750, AT2k, TTG
Ozymandias

« Reply #1297 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:46 PM »

Huh, might have been, yeah.

You can buy them as a refill now, apparently.

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #1298 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but AirZone has new streamline-esqe darts.

http://imgur.com/a/BKAmm (Not my album)

If their cheaper, Id like some. Look liked theyd do good in a Rayven

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
Katyusha

« Reply #1299 on: March 26, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »

I found one on the ground a couple weeks ago and kept it.  I'll see if it works in any of my CS guns.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Tye Power

Z.E.U.S. Squad Leader

« Reply #1300 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »

I found one on the ground a couple weeks ago and kept it.  I'll see if it works in any of my CS guns.

Thank you, I am curious as well Tongue

Squad: Z.E.U.S.
Primary: Over-volted Elite Rayven
Last Resort: Socks
Equipment: Camelback
Ozymandias

« Reply #1301 on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »

It does. Check the album.

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #1302 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »

These tips seem to be an excellent substitute for a streamline tip. I don't know about the stock foam they have, because the shorter length will nerf the ranges of pushback breech springers and possibly cause flywheel feed issues - but I can see buying a case of W1 code sonics, swapping the foams between the two tip types, and getting both slightly-shorter sonics for necked dart apps and W-code-foamed, full length, ultra-stable non-necked darts for mag feed.

A few questions:

1. Do they HURT? The tips look SOLID!

2. Are the tips sticky/grabby? I have some guns (swarmpede) that don't like grabby/soft streamline tips, and these look like a big rubber wadcutter and I can see them causing major hell, though a tactic to make E-codes, etc. run in this gun is to paint the tips with liquid CA. It de-tackifies them, won't come off, has a side effect of making my Sharpie marks permanent and doesn't harden the tips any.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #1303 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:17 AM »

Can anyone verify that they sell refill packs of these?  I haven't been able to locate such an item either online or in stores.  Also, the ones that come with the "new paint scheme" Airzone blasters are grey foam with a blue tip.  They look great, but I'm not paying $30 for 25 darts and a crappy blaster.

icyblaze13

« Reply #1304 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »

My friend got the new airzone darts in a punisher he bought a few months back. They don't hurt as much as you might expect, but you definitely know you got hit. They are greatly improved in accuracy and weight. I have yet to see one fishtail. We have been on the lookout for refills ever since but have had no luck.

I'm going insane far too slowly for my liking...
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 99
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.