April 24, 2014, 12:02:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 95
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasters, Tac Vests, New Shit, Oh My!  (Read 161266 times)
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #1320 on: April 17, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »

Well, oddly enough my thought is that 60* should be ideal for a 45* wye. The theoretical ideal angle is not actually a match with the mag tube (so 45* wyes shouldn't use a 90* throat) because if you have ever looked into the back of a traditional hopper while dropping a dart into the mag tube, you will see that the dart has room to rotate about 15* as it seats. A 90* countersink would be too shallow. The 60* makes sense with this calculation, and what's odd is that my 82* is close to predicted ideal for the 50* wye in my setup.

I also have used scissors to open the bore up just a little, though I have never tested whether this does anything to speak of. I rarely have a hopper malfunction unless I try to shoot something with high friction on PVC, or a dome dart has protruding glue and causes a squib. I would feel mostly confident running a springer with one in HVZ... I wish, HVZ with war guns...

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #1321 on: April 17, 2012, 01:52:44 pm »

Knowing how my hoppered SNAPbows shoot at close range, all of the zombies would probably quit.  I wouldn't want to face one if I was a zombie XD

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
GNR2012

Visit my site. Great Nerf Reviews

« Reply #1322 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »

Have any of y'all seen the news on the Snapfire8, Pyragon, or "New" Nitron? I posted the links on my website if y'all want to look. google Great Nerf Reviews.

No....No you may not borrow my (insert any Nerf related item here)...
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #1323 on: April 19, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »

Dude thats almost borderline adbot. tone it down, I only ever see you post about us coming to your site. Its cool as, but still....

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #1324 on: April 20, 2012, 02:28:08 am »

I agree, a link in your sig is fine (If the filter allows it :/ ) but repetitively advertising your site is not.

Wolololo
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #1325 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:09 am »

Knowing how my hoppered SNAPbows shoot at close range, all of the zombies would probably quit.  I wouldn't want to face one if I was a zombie XD

Depends. Most zombies would just man up, wear thicker clothing, and realize that you have very limited ammo.

swarm of 10 decent zombies? your toast with a snap when you would be better off with a 18/35 round mag Rayven/alfa trooper and some socks.

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1326 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:58 pm »

On the topic of gear and rigs: Almost anyone here who's used some sort of tac gear knows as a general rule that VERY FEW holsters can hold anything larger than a spectre securely, if anything nerf. I for one, hate the idea of an empty holster, instead having to put my sidearm clipped onto my vest(very unstable) or worse--thrown into a dump pouch Cry ouch...
Instead of having to compromise by downgrading my sidearm(or dropping 27$ on a 'custom' nerf holster) I decided to purchase one similar to the size, adjustability, and stability of the custom one. Link. Hopefully it will be able to fit anything short of a maverick, seeing as its open ended and fully adjustable at all sides(molle compatible as well). I wish Hong Kong offered cheap next day shipping... Tongue
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:02:20 am by KatanasPWN » Logged

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1327 on: May 02, 2012, 01:42:27 am »

Nice find, seems decently priced. What vest do you use that holds the blaster unstably?

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1328 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:54 am »

The one I'm using ATM does not have a holster(my other one does) as I sacrificed that for more pouches to hold ammo and my 18's(they fit! Tongue).
Instead I was using some dinky drop leg holster that came with a set and it seems so tight width wise to fit even a reflex...let alone my SSI or sharpshooter II.

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Tarnag

« Reply #1329 on: May 02, 2012, 09:00:15 am »

Hey, quick question, how do people normally carry a Swarmfire? I'm going to be chopping mine down into a swarmpistol (not completely, leaving some shell), and I need a way to carry it as a secondary. There's no attachment points for a harness, but I could possibly make one if need be (not sure how it would hang), and it seems bulky for a holster (maybe a gas mask bag though).

Any suggestions?
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #1330 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:10 am »

I usually have a wire hook rigged up to mine, so it can hang on my belt/pants. I want to change this in the future, though, and go to either one point sling of some sort, or a more professional holster rig, probably using a pistol belt and some sort of rigid metallic hook receiver device strapped to my leg, with a better aluminum hook on the pistol. I get tired of the flimsy setup flopping around.

When holstering or carrying them, you just need to be sure that nothing rubs on the cylinder and scoots darts out of barrels as you move. That's somewhat annoying when you get a string of random dryfires in the middle of a burst because your swarmy lost darts rattling around against gear.

Edit: Perhaps a circular shroud made from a big PVC fitting could be welded on the front of a swarmy cylinder to cover those dart tips and prevent that...

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
Sgt Biscuit

« Reply #1331 on: May 02, 2012, 02:12:45 pm »

I added a key ring I had lying around to the back of mine.

I keep it on a one point sling and have a mini carabiner attached to the sling point on the recon handle that I can use to clip in to my tac vest to minimize unwanted movement. Works well enough, though full speed running while carrying a secondary is near impossible no matter what...
darknyght00

« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:04 am »

...Perhaps a circular shroud made from a big PVC fitting could be welded on the front of a swarmy cylinder to cover those dart tips and prevent that...

This is a fantastic idea. I just measured and it looks like such a collar would need to be at least 4.5" ID to avoid interfering with operation. Someone should go try this since I am currently unavailable to begin new projects due to a sudden lack of operating capital. Progress will resume when new employment is found.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #1333 on: June 20, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »

Guess this is the thread this should go in.

The "Tagger Holster" isn't exactly new, but I don't know of anyone that uses one.  I got curious and bought one from eBay.  The only reason it's really worth it is for how many different blasters it could be used with.  Who hasn't wanted to use the Alpha Trooper as a side-arm?

I personally was thinking of using it to have a Retaliator as a side-arm in the future, but nice to know I could be packing something bigger like the AT.  I've even tried the Lumitron in it.  Much more useful than a Maverick/Spectre.

Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1334 on: June 20, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

I think those are made by Kevinericon, although I could be wrong.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 95
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.