April 24, 2017, 11:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Thread  (Read 81361 times)
Cweed
* Administrator

« on: August 11, 2008, 01:24:07 AM »

If you're not sure what HvZ is (or if you have other questions) take a look at  this thread .

Hello and welcome to the Humans vs Zombies (HvZ) community forums.  First of all, let me thank you for making this game what it is.  Whether you've organized games at your school or have just heard about it from a friend - we wouldn't exist without your interest and participation.  HvZ is being played internationally now and the point of this board is to give players around the world a way to communicate with one another. 

So thanks for joining us!  You can use this thread to introduce yourself.

-----

If you have organized a game at your school send me a private message with your name and school.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:44:17 PM by Cweed » Logged
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »

Hollla!
My name is Joe Sklover.  I am 22 years old and from Washington, DC.  I have been involved with Humans Vs Zombies since it's creation at Goucher.  After I played the first two games of HvZ, I discovered that playing the game made me too neurotic (I am already pretty crazy).  Coincidentally, the game moderator was graduating, so I asked Brad and Chris if I could take over... I have been a game moderator since.

My favorite part about HvZ is that it brings people together... With out the game, I would not have known nearly the amount of people that I do.  I would never have had as many friends as I did at Goucher, including my roommate Chris Weed.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:52:14 AM by Joe Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
Andrew Ketrow

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:33:09 AM »

I'm Andrew Ketrow, former Zombie Jesus of Ball State University and working on bringing the game to Indiana University at Bloomington. I think the best part of HvZ is the social aspect, how it forces people to come together and meet new people, and to work closely with people they might never have met before. This serves to bring folks together in new and exciting ways.
Cody
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »

I'm Cody Sumter, moderator at Truman State University in Missouri. A little under 3 years ago I got my first taste of the game assassins. After the game had concluded I found myself with 2 friends from my hall in Taco Bell at midnight discussing the game. We loved the idea of taking things to the next level and seriously considered running a campus wide game but there was still something missing. Though assassins is often used as a bonding activity it can force players to isolate themselves for the duration of the game. We pondered a squad based assassins game to counteract this but there was still something missing.

Last summer I discovered HvZ and was amazed. This was exactly what we had been grasping for 2 years earlier. Instead of the isolation you see collaboration. When I walk into a lounge and see a dozen players, many strangers until the game, excitedly recounting their experiences from the day I know why this game is awesome. If you were to write down everything exciting you did today, how long would it be? Now, if you've played, how much could you write for a single day of HvZ?
The Cat
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 08:39:22 PM »

Hey ya'll, Caitlin "Cat" Yimet here.  I'm the Prez over at NIU for HvZ and currently dealing with a load of paperwork and red tape, so things are busy over this way.  I heard about this game at a retro video games party in Fall '08 and haven't looked back.  I'm one of the most active players at NIU and the most adamant about keeping it fun and getting people involved.  (Posters are fun...>>)

But...yeah?  Boring, I know. =3

NIU Humans vs Zombies
Treasurer
Commander of Whiskey Squadron
trumanboz

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »

Eric Bozarth here. Player at Truman State. While I am not a moderator, I do extensively help behind the scenes. I jokingly refer to myself as "the guy that makes the videos," as I have made several using footage from our first game and have made my own as teasers and to get people excited for the upcoming game. Recently finished a video for our orientation, like a quick preview of how to play, we will see if it works later. Also I have been heavily involved in fixing the rules to fit Truman's style. And strong advocate for HvZ everywhere.

HvZ introduced me to people I would never have met in any other social event. The gathering of people is amazing. All different types of people, different majors, different social classes, and it seems that everyone gets along playing it too. It has been the best experience for me during college. I thank all you awesome people at Goucher for having an amazing idea and sharing it with all of us and I thank Cody and Dale who were the ones who brought it to Truman.
overlord220

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 03:06:32 AM »

Billy Hartzel reporting in. Currently a senior at Staunton High school in Staunton, IL. I have been trying to get an HvZ game going forever and hope to get some sort of game going this year. I will be going to SIUE next year and want to set up a game there too.

Protagonistics

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »

Woohooo! Rock on, Bill!
RedCephalopod

Rolls like cocaine, straight from Bolivia.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »

I'm Asa from Goucher, and while hardly an all-star player I very quickly became known as a player who gets really into HvZ......a compliment that's sometimes rather backhanded, I'd say, ahah.  HvZ was a big extra-curricular reason for my choosing Goucher for college.

I wholeheartedly second Joe's comment about the game bringing folks together...I've met so many great people– and a few asshats– through this wonderful lil' game.

I am grateful to be part of HvZ, Inc. as an editor.

I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style.
ritHvZack

Eveyone has HvZ in them, some just dont know it.

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »

Hey, Im Zack and I brought the game to RIT, Rochester New York, and now run the game with two of my friends.  The game we played last week, our 3rd here at RIT, was almost 500 players.  From what I have heard this is the biggest yet and we are looking at 600-700 for our end of the year game.

If anyone else has had over 400 in a game I'd like to chat about some things that worked and didnt work.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
-John Quincy Adams
overlord220

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

Welcome Zack and nice job on getting the attendance up.

hattz
8: Undefined index: group_stars
File: /home4/humansvs/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 302