April 26, 2017, 05:52:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Thread  (Read 81430 times)
darkstrike4

« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Hudson and I am an avid HvZ player up at the University of Washington. I have a pretty good size collection of blasters to choose from in my arsenal (some that I have bought but a lot have been given to me by friends that don't want them anymore), but I prefer to use my modded Alpha Trooper for its rate of fire, size, and accuracy. Socks are also my best friend in those hairy situations. I hope my experiences as an HvZ player help those here but I also hope to learn something new from this experienced community of survivors!
sylvanis777

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »

Nick Lawler from Alexandria IN  chapter, reporting in. 22, have a family, going to University of Phoenix online, looking for others to get together for a weekend long event of HVZ or even a day long HVZ event.

[PHONE NUMBER REDACTED] hit me up via text or call for more info.

Mod Edit: It's generally not a good idea to post your phone number online, stuff like Skype is fine, but please refrain from actual phone numbers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:24:33 PM by KatanasPWN » Logged
CountryCuz2011
* Game Organizer

Formerly known as Spartan2011

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »

I guess I have been too lazy to do this up until now, so here we go. Let me start by providing some background information. Hi, my name is Alexander Morton aka Alex aka Spartan2011. I'm from Keysville, Va, and I'm currently attending Longwood University in Farmville, VA as a sophomore as a major in history with a concentration in secondary education. Some interesting facts about myself is that I'm vice president of the Longwood chess team and I'm a member of fun, but serious teacher program called Call Me MISTER (and I'm being serious about the name too, MISTER=Men Instructing Students Toward Effective Role models).

I got into hvz when a friend of mine from the chess club told me about it while we was at d-hall during the first semester of my freshman year. My first game I was one of those Maverick-wielding newbies who thought he was pretty cool running around with a revolver as a primary  Cool  Grin; because I had fun that game, I started to play hvz when ever I get the chance, and I have become a shopoholic when it comes to nerf-related stuff (I'm trying not to buy any of the new elite stuff until a new alpha trooper/ snapfire 8 emerges, but it's so HARD!).

I bet all of you all are wondering why I call my "Spartan2011", like I'm some kind of badass or something. No, when I was signing up for an account on this forum, I wanted a user name that would portray the level of seriousness and committment I give to this game; because of this, I thought calling myself a "Spartan" would help to make myself sound as serious a player as the most hardcore players on this forum. The reason I include the number "2011" is twofold: I graduated high school as a part of the Class of 2011 and I started playing hvz in the YEAR 2011; cool huh? Plus, I love Halo so that is why I call myself "Spartan2011".

As of right now, my playing style encompasses being a skirmisher. I chose the alpha trooper due to the following criteria: it's reliable, it had a good track record, it's really ergonomic, it has a good, clean action, and it could accept any cs magazines I could afford to use. To me, these qualities makes the alpha trooper a very good candidate for being a skirmisher since in my mind a skirmisher must have as simple of loadout as possible. Below in my signature is my current loadout; I try to keep it updated as I add and remove equipment.

Post Merge: August 26, 2012, 08:15:03 PM
And as a side note, I have always wanted to start a thread where everyone explained their user name, but I didn't know where to put it at the time.   Tongue
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:15:03 PM by Spartan2011 » Logged

Spring 2014 Loadout:
Primary: Praxis w/RDS, Nerf Raider stock, Halo mounting system
Secondary: Socks
Day-to-Day: Roughcut w/pistol grip, raider stock
Ammo: 40-round drum, extended Vortex clips, extra discs
Equipment: Vortex LBE w/fanny pack, Mechanix gloves, shemagh, sock pouch, dump pouch, my
thebestcookie

« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »

You should. I honestly have no reason for my username, other than the fact that I like cookies.

Quote from: The Lars Larson Show
Hey Jackass! Get your government off my freedom!

i pissed off my home depot style place for an hour bitching about purple pvc.
Kyhan

Amature Artist, Professional Person

« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »

I've never seen an "explain your username" thread before—on ANY forum I've ever been on. I'd like it.

Mine essentially was for an RP forum. I made a character, and thinking of a name that fit in with Dragon Ball Z universe stuff. I came up with "Kyhan." And from there, it stuck.

As it evolved, I've used "Kyhan" for numerous characters, including one I use to represent my "Inner Demon." A prime example is in this little comic I made.
CountryCuz2011
* Game Organizer

Formerly known as Spartan2011

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:05 AM »

I've never seen an "explain your username" thread before—on ANY forum I've ever been on. I'd like it.

Wow, when I was thinking about it at first, I thought this was a stupid idea. Instead of a separate thread just to explain your username, how about everyone just do the explaining here in the welcome thread for everyone to see.

Spring 2014 Loadout:
Primary: Praxis w/RDS, Nerf Raider stock, Halo mounting system
Secondary: Socks
Day-to-Day: Roughcut w/pistol grip, raider stock
Ammo: 40-round drum, extended Vortex clips, extra discs
Equipment: Vortex LBE w/fanny pack, Mechanix gloves, shemagh, sock pouch, dump pouch, my
deadcrow

« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2012, 07:04:31 AM »

Hey, all.

My name's Jack and I'm from Washington.  I'm a fanatic for all things zombie, am a bit of a geek (video games, sci-fi, and fantasy), and tend to excessively use the word "moist" in conversations.

Not when it's unwarranted, but still...too much moist.

Smiley
ZenWaldo

Forum Waldo

« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

I'm John from Longwood University (now alumni), I have been playing for a few years now. For the most part I run with a Alpha Trooper equipped with a Raider stock. The gun has been very reliable for me giving me plenty of firepower in a compact, easily portable package. I attended invitationals at UMBC and Penn State in 2011. As some who were at those invitationals I was the guy dressed as Waldo from "Wheres Waldo." I would really like to see an HvZ program start up in the Virginia Beach area where I live, but Farmville, VA will always be my HvZ home.

Squad: Spartans
Play Style: Light Ninja
Primary: Custom Alpha Trooper
Secondary: Random
Known for: Being Waldo
Viltris

« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2012, 05:47:59 AM »

Hi I'm Dwayne. Berkeley alum, now living in Seattle. I'll confess that I've never been in an HvZ (far as I can tell, it's never taken off in Berkeley), but I've been reading these forums for nerf gun modding information for a while now. Most of my nerf-slinging has been in office battles and duels at work, which is a very different dynamic than a zombie outbreak. That said, I'm interested in playing an HvZ, if you'll have me.
GeorgeVerne

« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »

Hey there!

George from Pittsburgh.

Here to shed light on the awesome ZOMBIE HISTORY that my city has  Grin Cheesy

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Boff

Bristol HvZ Founder

« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »

Hi, I'm Boff - I founded a group at Bristol University (UK) with a HvZ variant. HvZ was the inspiration for me getting into Nerf and we're looking to expand out to proper HvZ now we have an established group that does indoor events.

Deathwish

RHUL HvZ

« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »

Hey, so I'm known as Deathwish. I'm part of the game at Royal Holloway College, UK, admittedly joining in time for the second game of the year.

Why Deathwish? I like to clear the tight corners and alleys by myself with no backup (not wise, but I haven't been turned doing this). This said, I made it to the final mission before everyone was turned.

Hi, I'm Boff - I founded a group at Bristol University (UK) with a HvZ variant. HvZ was the inspiration for me getting into Nerf and we're looking to expand out to proper HvZ now we have an established group that does indoor events.

Ou, now I would like to see this. It just so happens I have a few friends near Bristol, and I may need to visit the university, so I would be interested in seeing your set-up.

Primary: Elite Rayven - Bella
Secondary: Sweet Revenge/SideStrike
Darts, darts and even more darts.

Armoury: Sonic Longstrike w/ OMW Polycarb., 5kg Spring, Xplorer Rapid-fire Grip - Sasha
Zombie Role: Scout (Diversion)

Why Deathwish? Not a clue.
Lycanwytch

« Reply #237 on: December 25, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »

What is up HVZ forums,

I am a long time lurker, who finally decided join, as well as a newly appointed admin to Humans vs Zombies Melbourne. As a Mad Blaster Smith who is obsessed with automatic electric blasters, my philosophy is to spam foam and if that is not working spam foam harder. 

All problems can be solved, with a wall of foam.
Deathbynature

I am a storyteller and Nerf lover.

« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »

Heyllote. I'm a Nerfer and Storyteller from Australia. I enjoy filming a War or HvZ as much as I do participating, though I am working on a rig to do both.

As for my username in late 2007 I was scratching my head for a gamertag when my brother randomly suggested Deathbynature. I liked the irony as it's uncommon to die naturally in a game. Like the End from Metal Gear Solid 3 where if you wait 2 weeks in the boss battle the End dies of old age. Tongue That is if you don't count gravity or getting eaten by animals.

^_^
Zombie Run

« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »

Hi All!

I'm excited to be here!  I am Christine, and I am the Official Apocalypse Planning Diva (yep - it's a real title) for Zombie Run, LLC.  We organize and host 5k Zombie Themed Fun Runs all around the country.  I am here, not just because of a mutual interest in the walking dead, but also because we had the great fortune of hooking up with a HVZ group while hosting our run in Vermont.

The HVZ group approached us about running short HVZ games during our event to promote their own games.  It was a raging success!  The group gained TONS of new interest in their own games, and we had a fantastic response from our runners and families about how much fun it was!  With that said, our organization is SOLD on you guys!  We would love to incorporate other groups in our other events  as we move around the country!

Currently, we have runs scheduled for:
Gulfport, MS - April 6
Orlando, FL - May 4
Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Lansing, MI - TBD
St. Louis - TBD
Upstate NY - TBD
Washington DC Area - TBD

Zombie Run would love to touch base with local HVZ groups to see how we can make this happen!  We're happy to put you in touch with our HVZ contacts from the Vermont Run - so you can get a taste of how things went from their perspective!

We can be found at zombierun.com or www.facebook.com/ZombieRunLLC

Thanks so much!
Christine Vaughn
Apocalypse Planning Diva
Zombie Run, LLC
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.