April 23, 2017, 01:42:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Thread  (Read 81323 times)
Undercard

It'sa me! dokka dokka!

« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2013, 02:06:20 AM »

Good day, folks! Longtime Nerfer, but now I want to try my hand at blastin' zambies. Trick is, I don't go to school. I imagine I can play even if I 'm not a a student, but, well... Crazier things have happened. I'm trying to join up with some of my more local groups. I'm on the HVZ source, so I'm looking around that way. Good times. I'll try not to do anything stupid and try have some fun here. Cheers!

Shocktrooper loadout:

Primary: Rampage
Secondary: Rough cut
Sidearm: Strongarm

Lots and lots of Elite darts. And some nasty leftover gym socks... It'll break your soul.
Jet

« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2013, 06:47:17 PM »

I was recommended by a friend to join the site. While I don't exactly have a place to really partake in a HvZ game (community college student), I'm still very interested in it. Perhaps I will host a game in the future, but I'd rather start up a small Nerfing group at my local comic book store before going and tackling something bigger.

As far as Nerfing goes, I only own a few blasters; I'd love to get my hands on more gear for hosting that group as I mentioned before. I also am the head administrator/bureaucrat for the Nerf Wiki and I also help out on Nerf Mods & Reviews.

Aside from that, I do graphic design and web design (my major), play video games, surf the web, etc.
lupusFati

I find this zombie apocalypse to be disconcerting.

« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2013, 01:54:17 PM »

Hey.  I joined this site because of the HvZ Source, and before that because I heard about the Nerf Club guys talking about it.  So I googled it.
It's interesting even though I don't really own any 'weapons' (but to be fair, I'd probably be doing an avoid-dance most of the time anyway).  I'm looking to get into a game here at Boise State but I can't seem to find one that's open yet on the Source page, so I figured I'd say hi here.  There probably won't be anything until Spring anyway, lol.  Oddly enough I have my own camo bandanna, so I'm all set there it would seem.

I've been thinking of writing a Left 4 Dead style story recently so we'll see where that goes, as soon as I can figure out the format and whatnot.  I might not even have it be Left 4 Dead but an entirely separate setting.  So yes, I'm a writer.

As for the username, it's the pesterchum handle of an original character based in the Homestuck universe.  I'm not so obsessed that I cosplay but I suppose I am a fan since I am currently writing my own fan adventure on another forum.  lupus means wolf, fati is fate, doom, judgment, etc.  It does have a point in the story but I haven't gotten there yet.

Yeah, I'm going to be one of those guys who are all "This game is going to be so awesome".  And then I will die on Day 1.
CommissarBetamax

Pain is temporary; Honor is forever

« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

Commissar Betamax, Adviser and assistant person to the HvZ coordination staff at the University of Toledo.  I used to be the coordinator (Long story >.>), but now I just sit on the sidelines and help out.  I also used to have an account here but I lost that information.  Eh. 

I'm also the friendly, neighborhood Commissar.

Like some places, we go by our own name...kind of.  We call our game of Humans vs. Zombies "oUTbreak" mostly because we wanted to repackage it with a different name for the University Administrators, but it's still Humans vs. Zombies at heart.

I joined because i'm getting back into Humans vs. Zombies (Had to take a break), and I want to make sure UT's spring game is bitchin', and it always helps to connect with you glorious people about the game.

Row row, fight da powah.

Always, always lead from the front. Never expect a man under your command to undertake an action you're not prepared to make yourself.
Zilthai

« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »

Hey gang. My name is Griffin and I may be past my college years but my NERFing days are far from over. I'm in a handful of LARPs and such, (some boffer, some social,) but the main reason for my interest in HvZ is to possibly give the NERF wars here at the office a bit more flavor.

We are a relatively young company with a lot of employees that are right out of college and the NERF darts fly through the cube farm pretty regularly. We have had a few coordinated NERF events but I really think an organized HvZ event here would go over really well.

So, I'll be doing a bit of research, a lot of lurking, and putting in my two cents from time to time.

Squad: NSR Solutions
Role: Rear Guard/Night Ops
Primary: OrangeMod Alpha Trooper CS-18 with slide-mounted tac-light
Secondary: Modded Scout 1X-3 with integrated tac-light
Melee: Boffer-Styled Fire Axe
Black 5.11 gear from head to toe.

"...And THIS is why we can't have nice things."
zombieman

« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2013, 05:09:48 AM »

Hi, I'm a newbie at this forum and this game. Like both Cheesy
Moe Zombie

« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »

Hi all, just found out about this game. I am a zombie fan. Can't wait to learn more about it from this forum and hopefully participate in one in the near future.

Zombie apocalypse survival begins with Zombie Weapons
Toughbunny

Please undress for the exam

« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »

Howdie all,

My name is will and I am a medium to long time nerfer. I am just getting into HvZ and I am definitely looking for a game in the Puget Sound area. I am a student at EVCC, and a FF/ medic for my day job.  If any of you have any leads to a local game, please hit me up.

“Use plain, simple language, short words and brief sentences. That is the way to write English–it is the modern way and the best way. Stick to it; don’t let fluff and flowers and verbosity creep in.” …Mark Twain.
oznerfnerd

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2014, 09:44:10 PM »

Hi,

I'm Oznerfnerd in Australia.

I'm more of an armorer than a warrer, but love modding blasters.

I found my way on here through a couple of American associates, and while researching the Rapistrike.

Nice to meet you all.

*Link Removed*

*Link Removed*
IdesofMarch
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ Media Coordinator

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

Hi guys!
My name is Kendall and I'm the new Media Coordinator for SCAD HvZ. Got to work on designing the gameplay last year and I can't wait to head up the creative direction this year. So far, thumbing through the threads this place seems like an amazing resource, I can't wait to get to know it better!
MamaNavi
* Game Organizer

Seer of Heart

« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »

Hi all! Name's Shannon, and I'm the Vice President and Head Zombie of the Northern Arizona University branch of HvZ, in Flagstaff Arizona. I was forced to sign up a year and a half ago by a friend, got offered to be an original zombie, and was suddenly thrown into the world of moderating (our old board of officers were, how you say, unorganized). The entire governing board of our game dropped off the face of the planet at the beginning of this last fall semester, so we're still scrambling to get back up on our feet. I can't wait to get some insights as to how other games are run Smiley

Also, as Head Zombie I've only ever played one game as human, and even then I stick to socks. I know how zombies work, I wouldn't be caught dead with a nerf blaster.
statensisland

« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »

What's up, guys? I'm from West Virginia. Would love to know if there is anyone else out there from the southern WV area. I'm actually an older Nerf Fan. Been into it since my teens but I am now 30 and still love them just as much as then. I'm now a teacher of science. I'm also a published writer of children's fiction. I would love to know more about any Nerf organizations in my area if anyone is also from WV. I may have to organize a game here. As a teacher, I organized a Nerf competition a couple of years ago with about 40 participants, but it was a noncontact series of target shooting with the disk shooter that Nerf came out with (like skeet) and the Nintendo Wii game and some other point competitions with teams. I am often constrained to playing dart tag with my family members and friends during family reunions and things. I've included a few pictures. I'm the guy on the right in the black Nerf shirt. My wife is the girl with the Nitron. BTW, all of the Nerf blasters you see are mine! Hope to spend many days at this forum and perhaps get something Nerf started.

* 1512735_609790465757168_316044965_n.jpg (65.86 KB, 960x720 - viewed 212 times.)

* nerf1.jpg (86.21 KB, 720x540 - viewed 217 times.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:30:37 AM by statensisland » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.