December 12, 2017, 01:52:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Index of The Tenets  (Read 57296 times)
The Red Scare

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

I'd like to remind everybody that the whole purpose of these lists of tenets is to help people be better HvZ users of the blasters at-hand.  As such, I hope you all put A LOT of thought and effort into these things.  Please make it as readable and understandable as possible.  Further, if you don't feel like a solid veteran of a specific blaster/armament, then you probably aren't the person who needs to be writing the list for that one.  Be honest enough with yourself to admit when somebody else could probably do it better.

At the same point in time, people who are solid veterans of specific armaments should be open enough with each other to not get grabby.  Please share, collaborate, and even respectfully debate with each other.  I also think that it's a good idea to limit yourselves to one tenet list per person, just to give more people chances to contribute.  It would even be awesome if we were all cool with other people adding potential tenets to the lists (though I'd hope this last one would be a given).

I just see the above enthusiasm for writing these things as a bit worrisome.  DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I'm happy to see people excited about this type of thread (Capt. NSSB would be thrilled that the concept took-off)... but I don't want people to get overzealous with it and run the whole thing down-hill.
Greg G (Pyro)

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:03:47 AM »

Steve, you think Nick, Rich and I are Vet. enough to write a Tenet?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:15:01 AM by Greg G (Pyro) » Logged

Primary: Furyfire

Secondary: None
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »

I think someone forgot the blowgun tenets Tongue

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
The Red Scare

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »

Steve, you think Nick, Rich and I are Vet. enough to write a Tenet?

That's a good question, but it's ultimately up to you to decide.  If you're talking about the Fury Fire, I know of nobody better at BGSU to write such a thread (except, maybe, it'd be good to get some thoughts from Arizona).  If you're talking about some other blaster, I don't really know, as I've only seen you guys murder zeds with FFs, lately.
Greg G (Pyro)

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

That's a good question, but it's ultimately up to you to decide.  If you're talking about the Fury Fire, I know of nobody better at BGSU to write such a thread (except, maybe, it'd be good to get some thoughts from Arizona).  If you're talking about some other blaster, I don't really know, as I've only seen you guys murder zeds with FFs, lately.

Its gonna be the furyfire. And as good as Zona is....he's still pretty green. We'll get jesup in on it this weekend too.

Primary: Furyfire

Secondary: None
Cpt NSSB

Keep your head on a swivel and your blaster ready

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »

Steve, you hit it right on the head with that statement. I just finished reading through all of these tenets and I am so happy that other people have taken up the good work! Every one of these Tenets is a work of art by its own rights. Congrats are in order for everyone who has helped write/critic/update the tenets. Who knows, maybe one day there will be a HvZ strategy guide with each of these included. Wouldn't that be something? XD

Name: Colin a.k.a. Not-So-Silent Bob (NSSB)
          Founder/Surviving member of The Zombie Eradication Mercs.
Weapons: Dual Vulcans: First Dibs & Sloppy Seconds
              Stampede: Unnamed
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »

Steve, you hit it right on the head with that statement. I just finished reading through all of these tenets and I am so happy that other people have taken up the good work! Every one of these Tenets is a work of art by its own rights. Congrats are in order for everyone who has helped write/critic/update the tenets. Who knows, maybe one day there will be a HvZ strategy guide with each of these included. Wouldn't that be something? XD

Some guys at A&M are working on a full length movie with a sequal and a crowdsourced novel.

Anyway, a strategy guide sounds good.

On a similar note, NerfHQ's Tactics section has some stuff which may or may not apply to HvZ.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Jeo

[email protected] Executive

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 01:35:40 AM »

Happy to come up with a Tommy20 one over the weekend.

Australian National University

><
better_dead_than_zed
* Game Organizer

Rule #1- Cardio

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 11:15:27 PM »

URX, I left you a message in my DS tenet.

EDIT:
Don't forget to add the RFT tenet.

Better Zed then dead.
I think I need Dr. Phil...
Primary:Big bad bow with tek 6 integrated to the front handle.
GirWaffles64

Poptarts: The ultimate energy source.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 01:13:48 AM »

Happy to come up with a Tommy20 one over the weekend.

Doing it right now.

Teh mods, they ess watching... they ees hunting ze Gir down... ze weel never catch teh Gir!
boothhenry1
8: Undefined index: group_stars
File: /home4/humansvs/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 302