July 25, 2017, 06:34:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: can i throw nerf axes and use them as tomahawks?  (Read 17069 times)
cburge88

« on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:50 AM »

i know that melee weapons are not allowed in humans vs zombies games, but im a pretty good shot and wanted to experiment. ive seen foam n-strike axes (sort of like the n-strike swords) in stores and was wondering: if i was to use these as a projectiles, and throw them, should it be allowed in games?
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »

That would never be allowed at our game. A dart flying and hitting someone won't hurt, but a nerf axe handle would.

"The Captain"
Oregon State University Mod
Guard of the Raven Commander
Role - Strategist
Primary: Stampede - Schwere Regen
Sidearms: Maverick - Ira
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
LimeyMan
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:02 PM »

If they are made completely out of the pool noodle foam material and not the heavy stuff like the N-strike sword are then sure. As per our usual testing policy we would have to throw these at you face from 5 feet to see if they hurt but other than that maybe.

Moderator at Claremont Colleges
Headhunter

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »

The heads of the axes are really, REALLY soft, but the handles hurt like nothing else.  So, maybe if you completely remove the handle and then pad the remaining little stub, you might be able to chuck it like a bladed frisbee.

Buzzbee also has fatter tips that don't fit in my blowgun.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »

i know that melee weapons are not allowed in humans vs zombies games, but im a pretty good shot and wanted to experiment. ive seen foam n-strike axes (sort of like the n-strike swords) in stores and was wondering: if i was to use these as a projectiles, and throw them, should it be allowed in games?

Clean up your spelling.

Anyway, here is something to consider: How exactly do you plan to get the axe back after you throw it?

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »

I am an English major, this is garbage-- you receive an "F."

Anyways, what university do you go to? Does your university allow melee weapons already? This just seems like a poor idea. I mean, what if the shaft of the axe hits the person? A shaft won't kill a zombie.

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings (SRU Moderator)

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
ModgePodge

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »

It will disorient them for enough time to shoot them though.
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »

The weight distribution would probably make it impossible to throw properly. I suggest using real tomahawks instead.
ModgePodge

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »

The weight distribution would probably make it impossible to throw properly. I suggest using real tomahawks instead.

If you hit a zombie, they instantly go from Horde to Deceased.
Cmdrmack

The Kilted Nerfer

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »

To answer your question: No.

I nominate this for thread of the month.
Blackbelt13
* Game Organizer

Best to die in fire, than in darkness

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »

No oh oh oh oh. No oh oh. No Oh god Hah haha ahhahaha a No. No way man ah. Before you post you should think to yourself, "Would I enjoy getting hit in the back of the head with the hardest part of this?" Interesting thought though.

Lot's of weapons
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 01:29:06 AM »

You could possibly mod socks into a Tomahawk?

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings (SRU Moderator & Thinker)

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 03:18:23 AM »

I'm not quite sure, but sadly this may have been the dumbest question I've ever heard and trust me I've heard my fair share.

"The Captain"
Oregon State University Mod
Guard of the Raven Commander
Role - Strategist
Primary: Stampede - Schwere Regen
Sidearms: Maverick - Ira
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »

To answer your question: No.

I nominate this for thread of the month.

Haha! Seconded for sure!

Loading Please Wait...
GRANITO
* Game Organizer

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »

I'm not quite sure, but sadly this may have been the dumbest question I've ever heard and trust me I've heard my fair share.

A player in our game climbed on top of the roof of the financial aid building so the administration got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"

Currently a Mod at University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.