September 26, 2017, 10:35:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: can i throw nerf axes and use them as tomahawks?  (Read 17572 times)
The Red Scare

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »

To be fair, Ozy, his spelling wasn't too bad.  It was his grammar that could pull a golf ball through a garden hose....

As for the question... F-ing NO.  It doesn't even look like you considered the ramifications of throwing that thing at another human being (even if they're a zombie in "imagination land").  Would you like to get slammed with the handle of that thing?

I've always found a good question to ask, when considering armament specifications for HvZ, to be, "would I be willing to throw/shoot this at my 93 year-old grandmother, or would I feel immensely bad if I did so?"  Don't get me wrong, I won't shoot any of my Nerf stuff at my dear grandma, but the question still puts things into perspective regarding what would and wouldn't hurt too much for HvZ.........

Addition: This question makes me want to microwave hamsters or perform some other atrocity.

Addendum to the Addition: Microwaving hamsters or any other living creature IS NOT cool or humorous when actually done.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:16:46 PM by The Red Scare » Logged
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Yeah, and cleaning the microwave afterwards is a bitch.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
killian141
* Game Organizer

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »

Well I am going to try to stop this. Cause just think how heavy the thing is throwing that at someone can break a nose or something. If it weighs around a pound or more it shouldn't be thrown. Socks are good because they are soft and don't hurt, the axe idea on the other hand (Sorry man) is just another reason why schools shouldn't let us play this game on campus/anywhere..... play it safe, keep it safe, and everyone will be happy, if you can make a axe made completly of socks that would be ridiculous and cool but yeah just keep that in mind. would you be completly willing to allow someone to throw it at your face (who is throwing it as hard as possible from 5-10 feet away), As well as if it doesn't hurt you then it might be allowed just be safe man, we want schools to like us not say we are a bunch of idiots who are hazardas to themselves.

play style: Scout/leader
Signature weapon: Longshot
Secondary: Socks, Maverick
Known for: having a F____ ton of bull s___ luck.
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »

I should say this after our spring game we had a capture the flag with both sides using nerf guns. We had an uneven number of people so I got to run around with a nerf axe and melee people on both sides. I eventually tried throwing the axe and to no surprise it flies pretty bad and not so accurate. Also the handle did end up hitting someone, luckily another mod and the one who handed me the axe in the first place.

"The Captain"
Oregon State University Mod
Guard of the Raven Commander
Role - Strategist
Primary: Stampede - Schwere Regen
Sidearms: Maverick - Ira
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 11:31:53 PM »

Apparently, throwing Nerf Axes is serious business.

Why not throw something more family friendly, like a house cat, or perhaps a poodle?
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »

I have an idea...let's throw the Nerf Axe at the BP Oil Spill...

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
Omega Scythe
* Game Organizer

So many memes. So little time.

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »

I have an idea...let's throw the Nerf Axe at the BP Oil Spill...

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings

Shortly following this post, BP announced that, in partnership with Kevin Costner, they had come up with a new "foam axe" operation that was a "definite solution" to the continuing oil spill.

Millions of New Orleans residents wept tears of oil.

"If necessity is the first cousin of invention, explosions are like the weird twice-removed kin with tremendous overbite and the social grace of a mentally deranged chimpanzee at a techno rave."  -Dandelo
Rassing

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 05:17:39 AM »

buy a roleplaying tomahawk made only by foam and latex... doesnt hurt, mobile, can have more than one on your person at all times, oh and you can actually hit someone after a little practice Wink
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 05:32:31 AM »

buy a roleplaying tomahawk made only by foam and latex... doesnt hurt, mobile, can have more than one on your person at all times, oh and you can actually hit someone after a little practice Wink
Dude, please don't necro. A necro is when you post in a thread that hasn't had any posts within the last two months. This one hadn't had any for almost a year...

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
Rassing

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »

Dude, please don't necro. A necro is when you post in a thread that hasn't had any posts within the last two months. This one hadn't had any for almost a year...

sorry didnt see that :S
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.