November 18, 2017, 09:55:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Think of it as thrift, as a gift.  (Read 7119 times)
overlord220

« on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »

Okay this is kind of a placeholder until I get a camera for you to see whats going on and because nerfhaven is a bunch of backwards lazy admins who wont approve me for posting. But who cares because I feel like I'm at home here. So I go on an outing today with some friends who will probably end up playing HvZ this year in HS and we are at this little Salvation Army store and randomly find this little green night finder type gun and I can't find a name on it for the life of me. So it pick it up for $1.50 and along the way I find a Nerf Air Tech 2000 (busted) and another Nerf gun that I don't even know what to call it yet.

But pictures all in good time my friends, I'll post my little fix it up stories here when I get time.

trumanboz

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:53:15 AM »

If that little green gun lets you switch between the main gun and a gun in the handle, that is a secret shot. And I would be extremely jealous because I have been trying to get my hands on one for a while. They go for about $15 on ebay and nerfhaven. Very popular gun. Airtech 2000s are amazing to integrate into other guns. And use the Nerfwiki on nerfHQ's site to figure out the other gun's name. But yeah, I managed to get four guns this summer for the total cost of $1. Granted they weren't anything grand, but I salvaged an amazing spring (1st Shot spring), an Airtech 3000 airtank for my friend, and the Tech Target Gun which I gave away. My friend Ben and I have been hitting up Salvation Army's as well, no such luck for me, he got like 6 for less than $10. Good finds though.

And be patient with NerfHaven, I'm not a member, but I check it out a lot. They just like to keep the riff-raff out. Keeps them respectable.
Andrew Ketrow

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »

I've got an old green Secret Shot, and it's not really that great. Power and range are okay, but the darts have a tendency to fall out of the front of the gun.
trumanboz

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

Yeah, but I would mod the hell out of it. I want to get one and relocate the handle gun so there is a barrel under the main gun.
Andrew Ketrow

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »

Oh, that would be sweet. Honestly, if you could just do something to keep the main dart from falling out, it'd be way better. The only thing I'd worry about is that it looks WAY more like a gun than other Nerf guns.
trumanboz

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »

I would CVPC barrel it all, of course. You get a nice tight fit and darts are less likely to fall out. Trying to get one has been the bane of my existence for the last few months. I'm going to hit up this monster garage event while I am home for break and hopefully can net something nice. I'd mod and sell the Mavericks. I don't trust them.
longbow
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 01:28:41 AM »

Well I'm jealous. A secret shot was my first nerf gun back in the day. I would love to get one to play with now.

Edit: After thinking about it I realized that the secret shot was actually my second gun. The Chain Blazer was my first, so if anyone has one of those they are looking to get rid of, let me know.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:32:10 AM by longbow » Logged

ben weibel - game/site admin
HvZ::Athens - www.hvzathens.com
trumanben

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 12:54:14 AM »

The lime green nerf gun looks the most like a real gun to you?  Wow
Andrew Ketrow

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:36:46 AM »

The lime green nerf gun looks the most like a real gun to you?  Wow

It's not the colour but the shape. Most Nerf guns aren't even shaped like real guns. I could easily imagine somebody who got a look at a Secret Shot under the right conditions believing that it was a real gun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.