July 20, 2017, 12:29:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HvZ Drupal Module/Ohio State Website  (Read 149254 times)
blaxbb

OSU Tech

« on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:36 AM »

I've been working on an HvZ game engine to plug into our Drupal 6.x based website, and it's just about good enough to be released  Grin

Video of it in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1sEaEqPBI

The module hooks into the Rules module which in turn allows it to hook into most of the modules made for Drupal.  Meaning there are basically endless configurations to what the site could end up being...

While the HvZ module is basically plug and play, getting it to the point in the video is quite a bit of work.  This is not meant to be a quick replacement for HvZ Source, but something for schools that need flexibility and have access to hosting.

The module is currently being reviewed for hosting at drupal.org, but for now you can download the files at http://github.com/blaxbb/HvZ-Drupal-module

Our site hasn't launched yet (still waiting on some hosting stuff) but I'll post the link when it's ready

PS @Max
Drupal>>>Wordpress  Wink

I forgot one:

Don't bitch to your mods everytime they fuck up. They know, and they'll work to fix their mistake.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:52 AM »

Sweet stuff man!  Thanks for posting it!

Loading Please Wait...
longbow
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:15 AM »

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I look forward to seeing your site launch. I just launched our new (wordpress :p) site today. While I agree drupal is a better platform as far as flexibility and whatnot, I like wordpress because it's easy to hand off to less technical types.

PM me sometime, I'd love to try and get a little interaction between OSU and OU games. We don't have the standard registrations, so it would be fun to try and get some OSU players down here for a weekend during our game or something.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:56:59 AM by longbow » Logged

ben weibel - game/site admin
HvZ::Athens - www.hvzathens.com
Last Defender
* Game Organizer

The Bearded One

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:45:48 AM »

That looks like some pretty slick work there, man.

Good job!

School: Ball State University

GO SLAUGHTERHOUSE - The most hardcore Penn State group. We fought all day and endured!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.