June 23, 2017, 09:42:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some help in starting?  (Read 6271 times)
Brentbrw

Its approved.

« on: October 07, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »

Hey all, i would like to start a game in my school, and ive discussed it with the VP, and hes cool with it!   But he says the board wouldnt allow it because people can get hurt, and no waiver can circumvent that.   Is there anything i can do?  Because i would love to do this during school hours.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:26:33 AM »

During school might be a no-go. Have you considered going off-campus with this?

What I would do is have a Z-day in school played with balled-up paper instead of socks/blasters, then have missions and stuff at a park or something.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Brentbrw

Its approved.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:35:30 AM »

Yeah, we have.  Only problem is that we lose just about everyone that wants to play. Because either they cant do it after school, or cuz they think that it wont be any fun with smaller amount of people.
Brentbrw

Its approved.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:42:56 PM »

Also, i hear that i can present some papers like that members can sign off to the board, or something, so they would let us?
Valenx
* Game Organizer

The Resident Bassist

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 02:04:30 AM »

That's the waivers you're talking about. Honestly we can't tell you whether or not they'll let you because they aren't our administration. Sorry dude.

In-Field Moderator Sylum of the Nicholls State University Resistance.

Louisiana Unit. Wolf Pack Squad Leader.

Primary: Longstrike
Secondary: Maverick (Penny and ar removal mods)
Sidearm: lots and lots of socks
Equipment: Bandolier of 4 six-shot clips. 75 extra darts (going get more soon)
kerby

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »

If you have decent passing periods you can play during that time. Maybe start the game as early as students can begin to arrive and then end at a set time, anyone that leaves early is disqualified, that way you can do missions and battles after school with everyone still there. Def use balled up socks as ammo. Be clear about the rules that when bells ring the game stalls or that certain areas are safe zones. This can be a 1-2 day thing if you plan it properly.
AznChocoBBT

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:12 AM »

I had the same problem, so my friends and I made a deal with our principal and held it on the Pro-D Day on the friday of the week. Since the only people there was the janitor and the principal, it was more fun with out having the problem of running into teachers.

THIS!! IS!! a Nerf War. Enjoy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.