December 14, 2017, 12:03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VCU (RICHMOND, VA) OCT 25-31  (Read 4534 times)
goad

« on: October 20, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »

New to these boards but this is VCU's fourth year of HvZ.  Also a website for more detailed information.
http://vcuzdc.org

I was reading some posts and saw that someone asked if VCU had one but thought that there were too many crackheads and cops.  I think that is ridiculous to think that crackheads are a problem on any major university campus.  Also local police don't care if people play and or in fact interested in the latest nerf guns.

If anyone lives near the VCU campus I urge them to play as this is an open campus for anybody to visit.  In the past survivor teams have been made up of; Parkour Club, dedicated LARP players, and hyperactive intercity middle schoolers.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:13:33 PM »

Welcome to the forums.

This is damn impressive.

So, if I am reading this correctly, players can choose to start off zombie?

How many players do you have? The site says there are 70 members on the forum, but I know those numbers can be misleading.

Any other big rule differences?

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
goad

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »

Yes players can start off as zombies or survivors.  We had a turnout of about 50 during the Spring so I expect that amount of people to show up but not at the same time.  The founders have been working since August to get people signed up so it should be really close to that number.

Some key rules differences are

* LARP friendly Foam Swords are the starting weapons

* Zombies can run

* If a Zombie gets hit by a weapon they have to tag a trash can to come back to life

* Zombies have to get a human in a hold for 5 seconds to transform them into a Zombie

* Game takes place in a 6 block radius

full rules
http://www.vcuzdc.org/campaign/rules.html
goad

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »

First day was a huge success with about 85 players during a 3 hour span.
ballistic

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 11:54:58 PM »

Okay, I don't know how old this post is, but my name's Benjamin Brunson, and I'm starting a nerf club with some friends of mine from my church. We were trying to see if anyone's into Nerf in the area. I was wondering if we could get an invite to one of your games. My email's [email protected]. It's nice to know there are some other HVZers here in Richmond.

"Ninja"
Role: Ranger
Primary: EAT w/ detachable Rayven stock, stryfe w/ telescopic stock, Retaliator
Sidearms: Roughcut custom handguard, strongarm, firestrike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.