August 19, 2017, 10:56:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandanas!  (Read 59560 times)
MaxTemkin
* Administrator

One (1) Longshot Tall

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »

Hey guys... just a heads up... we understand that there is a need for official HvZ bandannas so that people can identify players to administrators and security at their school. We are printing up a huge order of these:

We went with blaze-orange because it's easy to see and a distinctive color. You can flip around the way you fold it so it shows HUMAN or ZOMBIE on your arm or head.

We'll have information for you to order these from us (as cheap as we can possibly make them and send them out) and we'll have info for your mods to order in bulk.

overlord220

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »

I do like the idea of using a different color every year, kind of like a badge.

Zed8
* Game Organizer

I love this game.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »

Hey guys... just a heads up... we understand that there is a need for official HvZ bandannas so that people can identify players to administrators and security at their school. We are printing up a huge order of these:

We went with blaze-orange because it's easy to see and a distinctive color. You can flip around the way you fold it so it shows HUMAN or ZOMBIE on your arm or head.

We'll have information for you to order these from us (as cheap as we can possibly make them and send them out) and we'll have info for your mods to order in bulk.

I would for sure be interested to get bandannas (not for Fall, as it starts in 4 days, but our spring game would love to have them). Let me know when you get pricing.

"Life is hard; its harder when you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
overlord220

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »

Same, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville will be (I hope so) having their first game in the spring also.

Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 12:28:52 AM »

If anyone is interested, you can pre-order our new official bandanas on the front page of the site.

Loading Please Wait...
Dinosaurchestra
* Game Organizer

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »

Those are pretty damn amazing. I wouldn't personally use them at our school because our colours are black and orange, and this would look pretty similar to a lot of OSU gear that's worn around campus.

We just buy several yards of cheap, brightly coloured fabric and cut them into strips that are about 4 inches wide. Then we use spray paint and a stencil made from cardboard to put "OSU HVZ" on them. Players get a different color of paint than the mods. The fabric we bought is like $2 USD a yard, and you can get a bunch of bands from that. It's a bit of work, but relatively cheap, and they looked pretty sick. We gave them free to players, although with the potential for around 500 players for our next game, we're rethinking this. Still, I'd highly suggest it if you're running a smaller game and don't want to make your players buy stuff or spend a bunch of your own money out of pocket.

Although, I might buy one of the official ones just to have, because those are pretty flipping awesome.

Name: Becky Wooldridge
Position: Game Admin
Zombie Apocalypses under my belt: 2 (plus all those ugly battles with administration, which are far worse...)
"War is a contagion." - Frederick Howe, Why War.
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »

Dinosaurchestra if you buy one get me one to, I'll pay you back.

"The Captain"
Oregon State University Mod
Guard of the Raven Commander
Role - Strategist
Primary: Stampede - Schwere Regen
Sidearms: Maverick - Ira
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
Dinosaurchestra
* Game Organizer

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

Haha, I'm not sure if I will, I'm quite broke. Still, they're really sweet... if I get one, I'll probably let people know that were doing an order if they want them around here just to represent for HVZ.

Name: Becky Wooldridge
Position: Game Admin
Zombie Apocalypses under my belt: 2 (plus all those ugly battles with administration, which are far worse...)
"War is a contagion." - Frederick Howe, Why War.
Mephiston-IA
* Game Organizer

By the blood of Sanguinius I swear it will be done

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »

my question is (especially for those of you in larger cities) has there been any trouble w/ being classified as a gang?

i and people i know wouldn't, but then again, i got arrested for playing with a cap gun...so you never know how stupid some people can be.
(i might add it was an aqua green/blue cap gun with a yellow tip.)

http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,613.msg3835.html#msg3835
If you want a tactics/strategy specific area, follow the link and show your support.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 03:15:58 AM »

my question is (especially for those of you in larger cities) has there been any trouble w/ being classified as a gang?

That is why we decided to go with orange.  Crips are blue, bloods are red, zombies are... orange?

Loading Please Wait...
Mephiston-IA
* Game Organizer

By the blood of Sanguinius I swear it will be done

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »

That is why we decided to go with orange.  Crips are blue, bloods are red, zombies are... orange?
unfortunately there's more than just those two gangs...but chances are if you get confused for a gang (which by  definition i think HvZ clubs are ^_^) it will be by an uninformed over paranoid idiot...-_-

http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,613.msg3835.html#msg3835
If you want a tactics/strategy specific area, follow the link and show your support.
legoexpo
* Forum Moderator

Destroyer of Worlds

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 01:01:32 AM »

well Purdue just finished a game with +1300 people and the headbands were rampant towards the end of the week.

There wasn't a single reported incidence. Granted, we're in the middle of Indiana and gang's are hardly the Police Department's worries here.

Purdue HvZ Administrator
Purdue Off Season Coordinator
Got a question about our game? Email me at MyLifeAsJoeKim@Gmail.com

Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

Our new bandanas just arrived.  If anyone is interested in ordering them in bulk, check out Max's post.
http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,877.msg6014/boardseen.html#new
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:40:06 PM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 03:32:40 AM »

Those look legit, only prob is we'd get lynched (LITERALLY) for wearing tu colors here...

Everybody just wears wat dey got...

I didn't have a bandana, so at the moment I'm rockin' a tie...

Classy as $hit.  Wink

Gig 'em!

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Spook4563

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »

In my school, we are allowed to have any neon colored bandannas, but we make a custom design on them for humans, and black bandannas for zombies. Instead of cards with your information on them that you give to zombies when they tag you, its your bandanna. Works a lot better than cards.

Primary: duel-wielding barricades.
Secondary: duel-wielding barrel breaks.

"I really like to duel wield."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.