April 28, 2017, 06:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandanas!  (Read 56608 times)
KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2011, 04:33:14 PM »

Bandanas are equipment so this should be in this forum. So I'm setting up a Humans Vs. Zombies game this summer (BAHVZ) but I need bandanas, the bandanas on the official HVZ website are cool and all but $5 bucks each is a bit much for me to pay on account of large attendance (50-100) and I was wondering are there's any good substitutes for the bandanas that are easily distinguishable, cheap, and uber kewl? I'd be fine doing things like Iron on transfer hoozamawhatsitz but I don't know if they'd be cheap or very distinguishable. I would prefer if they're commonly found at local places such as Craft stores.

Wolololo
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »

isn't there a sticky about these?? titled the exact same?
and our games usually use pieces/strips of cotton colored bright yellow from the fashion depot. at our campus. cheap/free,easy,distinguishable from most peoples clothing.

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »

spookey brings up a point for their beign a palce for this, but I do have to say:

Just get Wallamrt bandannas (yellow ones) and spray paint them with a insignia or something. We did that for both our player ran games and one of our early games and it DID work out. 1$ each...........low in quality but easy o nth wallet! ^^

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
Boildown

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »

I didn't make em, but from the looks of it, Purdue used a thin orange linen bed sheet (or maybe bulk fabric) cut into 2in x 24ish? strips.  Had to be incredibly cheap, maybe time consuming to cut them out.

KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

I think I'll just buy some double sided cloth (Purple and orange) from my local craft or fabric store and some iron-on Human/zombie labels on it and I might also put "BAHVZ" running down the side on one of the ends. I can cut it into measured strips with my special fabric cutter with a ruler on it

Wolololo
solmssteinke

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »

One person you might wanna ask is agentjonnyb - he's had one for some time now, and him and I have been working on an ad for it...

Title: Redemptor or "Hawk"
School: SUNY Geneseo

Primary: Nerf longshot modified with replacement springs and removed air restrictor
Secondary: Nerf sword, double-bladed
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:14 PM »

I didn't make em, but from the looks of it, Purdue used a thin orange linen bed sheet (or maybe bulk fabric) cut into 2in x 24ish? strips.  Had to be incredibly cheap, maybe time consuming to cut them out.
That's a great way to do it on the cheap.  At the IndieCade and Come Out and Play festivals last year, we gave out strips of fabric and two socks to all players.  We also had the bandanas available for purchase, but they were not required Cheesy.

Loading Please Wait...
Spike
* Game Organizer

Ranger the F*** UP!

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »

UGA uses different bandannas, we leave it up to the players and duct tape as well.  We have a few teams that to some crazy stuff with bandanna designs.

"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

Callsign: Maverick
Commanding Officer, Roughnecks, University of Georgia Mobile Infantry
Primary: HHI Carbine (Longshot)
Secondary: Alpha Trooper
Sidearm: Specter, LnL
Equipment: Administrator gloves, cloaking device
bootknife142
8: Undefined index: group_stars
File: /home4/humansvs/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 302