April 24, 2017, 07:02:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: the walking dead: superawesomefantastic  (Read 25554 times)
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« on: November 01, 2010, 01:55:04 AM »

Anyone watch the walking dead yet?

so far its probably one of the best zombie...well...anything Ive ever seen (and I watched Dead Snow last night, which is a awesome zombie movie in its own right). So far its just gotten through its first episode......and I think we may finally have the zombie epic we have always deserved.

I expected nothing less from Frank Darabont, the director of the Shawshank redemption (the best movie ever made, in my opinion). Its good to know that he can take his movies out of the prisons and into the zombie hoards (and still make them balls to the wall awesome)
Its also no surprise that their are rumors flying around that its already been renewed for a second season.
fyi
61:32 is probably the biggest zombie scene I've ever seen......If you haven't watched it, watch it, asap.

search online and watch. I can pretty much guarantee a great watch.

Lets hope that the next few episodes can keep up the momentum.

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

See, I liked it, but I can't help feeling it's a little cliche', while also making a lot of mistakes. Granted, I'm the guy that always points out "But they never reloaded!" in the action scenes, so it might not bug other people.

Spoilers follow.

For one, the "waking up in the hospital" thing has been done before, and they copied it almost exactly. Even if you accept that this guy could survive with no food or water in a coma-like state, how does his room magically go unopened? With all the patients that hospital was receiving, and the fact that the military set up shop right outside, there's no way they could say "hey, let's leave this large space for one guy." And then he gets a drink of water from the faucet. I have a hard time believing that, however long into the outbreak it is (I'm assuming a week or two at least?), there's still water in the watertowers.

When he goes back to his house, why was the mailbox shoved full of mail? I somehow don't think zombies fall under the USPS creed of "through rain, snow, sleet and hail."

Then he gets clubbed with the shovel by the kid. Why in the world were the dad and kid on two different sides of the street? Big no-no; never go anywhere alone. And later, when he's tied to the bed, the dad cuts him free...even though he was only tied up with bungee cords. Great waste of 'em.

And then they showed the other survivor camp. Dammit, I do NOT want a love triangle permeating my zombie wasteland! This is on AMC, not Lifetime. Bah.

[/rant]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:03:10 PM by Dyslexda » Logged

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
skullface1818

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »

but......they do run out of bullets : O
xD

and besides that, it isn't a tale of zombie super killers...or of people who have read the survival guide.
its about spaced people trying to rise to the occasion against the hoards of the living dead.

that makes sense to me in lining up the issues you have with them in their survival mistakes
hell u could point out that a real survivor would NEVER go into the city.

I think that a person, kept on a IV drip, could survive for a week or two  before dieing and his weakness after getting up liens up with it (HELL its a billion times better than the one in 28 days later Tongue). as is water will working. the water services are more mechanical and long term than the electric services and would go out maybe after a month vs the high maintenance electricity.

I like stampedes

My youtube!

Rate/subscribe.
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »

does it top Army of Darkness?

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
skullface1818

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »

hummnnnnnnnn
tough one

army of darkness is funny, this is not. its trying to be as serious as possible so its not really fair to compare the two.

if Bruce appears in a future episode as a zombie/human survivor it MIGHT be better;)

I like stampedes

My youtube!

Rate/subscribe.
ZendyWellesley

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »

The zombies are a bit too pathetic for my money. Also- as I've said a thousand times, the humans just aren't paranoid enough. Still a lot of fun though. The show definitely has time to move into the superawesomefantastic range.
christielouwho
* Game Organizer

Renegade Goofball

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

See, I liked it, but I can't help feeling it's a little cliche', while also making a lot of mistakes. Granted, I'm the guy that always points out "But they never reloaded!" in the action scenes, so it might not bug other people...

So I must admit I have not (but will be once I'm back stateside and able to buy books without a ridiculous shipping fee) read The Walking Dead, but can't you not call it cliche due to its nature of nodding to the graphic novel? As far as I know, the plot is that he gets shot, wakes up in a hospital clueless and bam... so starts the epic tale of Rick Grimes.

I think you gotta let go of the plot issues and accept that they're not trying to recreate the graphic novel into a made-for-tv show, but making the graphic novel into a miniseries. And the graphic novel nerd in me is much more of a fan of that.
darthjoe229
* Game Organizer

I'm a ninja. The zombies don't even see me coming.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 12:14:21 AM »

Spoilers follow.

For one, the "waking up in the hospital" thing has been done before, and they copied it almost exactly. Even if you accept that this guy could survive with no food or water in a coma-like state, how does his room magically go unopened? With all the patients that hospital was receiving, and the fact that the military set up shop right outside, there's no way they could say "hey, let's leave this large space for one guy." And then he gets a drink of water from the faucet. I have a hard time believing that, however long into the outbreak it is (I'm assuming a week or two at least?), there's still water in the watertowers.

When he goes back to his house, why was the mailbox shoved full of mail? I somehow don't think zombies fall under the USPS creed of "through rain, snow, sleet and hail."

Then he gets clubbed with the shovel by the kid. Why in the world were the dad and kid on two different sides of the street? Big no-no; never go anywhere alone. And later, when he's tied to the bed, the dad cuts him free...even though he was only tied up with bungee cords. Great waste of 'em.

And then they showed the other survivor camp. Dammit, I do NOT want a love triangle permeating my zombie wasteland! This is on AMC, not Lifetime. Bah.

I totally agree with your statements.  28 Days Later came out about a year before the graphic novel, and I think that hospital bit was pretty ripped off.  I'm thinking the bed in front of his door somehow dissuaded zombies (maybe they think its immovable?) kept it shut, and the lack of noise made them not care.  I'm thinking that maybe they ended up putting the infected under quarantine, which would've kept him away.  Water pressure stays in the faucet - I don't remember how much he drank, but he probably could've squeezed a good ten to fifteen seconds out of it (I've done it during a power outage).  Good catch on the mailbox, missed that one.  As for the rest of it: it's TV, they can't nail down everything.  Sometimes stuff goes against what us pros recommend just because the script calls for it.

Loadout:  Longshot with AR removal and spring replacement,  Nitefinder with AR removal, Bandolier
Ammo:     6 6 dart clips, 1 12 dart clip, 1 18 dart clip
Others:    Deploy, Tek-6, Tek-4, Retaliator (fully modded and painted)
Louis

Danish Zombie Pirate

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »

a freind showed me the first episode on sunday and im hooked Smiley
the way i see it they do not "ripoff" they merely show respect to other zombie movie creators. i mean there are refrences to a ton of Z-movies in the first episode, and even a few to other movies and shows (like the two birds on the road, being nearly an exact image from the sons of anarchy intro)

the great thing here is that we get a zombie story that doesnt have to end after 90 min. Smiley
Also i really like the "walkers" rather then the "runners" when it comes to z-movies

Primary: 2x Stampede, with raider drums (unmodded, but painted)
Secondary: Raider (AR removed, Shotgun grip added, painted)
Sidearm: Nitefinde (AR removed, painted) and Double shot (AR and Barrel removed, painted)

Team: NecroPunX
Role: Heavy
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »

Does anyone know where I can watch it online?

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
darthjoe229
* Game Organizer

I'm a ninja. The zombies don't even see me coming.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/190905/the-walking-dead-days-gone-bye

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Loadout:  Longshot with AR removal and spring replacement,  Nitefinder with AR removal, Bandolier
Ammo:     6 6 dart clips, 1 12 dart clip, 1 18 dart clip
Others:    Deploy, Tek-6, Tek-4, Retaliator (fully modded and painted)
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 03:25:04 PM »

I don't live in the US Cry

Loadout
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

www.[insert your favorite torrent index here].com.

www.eztv.it is a good one for TV.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »

cheers.

Loadout
registered zombie killer

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »

I'm watching now will tell you what I think of it when im done.

Nitefinders, they work
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.