November 28, 2014, 08:03:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Tactics, a Guide  (Read 47906 times)
CountryCuz2011
* Game Organizer

Formerly known as Spartan2011

« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »

I have a good one. Stay away from a guy named Dave Thompson.

He played in our most recent game and raked in a total of 44 kills making him now the top ranked zombie in the world.

As a general rule though, pay attention to the zombies who seem to be especially prolific killers. Don't go "there's only one of them and I've got
a vulcan, I'll be fine." If you care about surviving then don't fight. Just run

Oh my god, I hope I never meet this guy down a barrel of a maverick  Lips sealed. At the last game held at Longwood, there was one guy named Matt who in one day tagged I believe 8-12 humans; this was all before the second mission that day.

Spring 2014 Loadout:
Primary: Praxis w/RDS, Nerf Raider stock, Halo mounting system
Secondary: Socks
Day-to-Day: Roughcut w/pistol grip, raider stock
Ammo: 40-round drum, extended Vortex clips, extra discs
Equipment: Vortex LBE w/fanny pack, Mechanix gloves, shemagh, sock pouch, dump pouch, my
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »

If ever you see a cat toque or hear the words "sneaky kitty", get the hell away from there is the tactic used on our campus.

http://www.quickmeme.com/original-zombie/?upcoming

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
catbarf

« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »

I have a good one. Stay away from a guy named Dave Thompson.

He played in our most recent game and raked in a total of 44 kills making him now the top ranked zombie in the world.

As a general rule though, pay attention to the zombies who seem to be especially prolific killers. Don't go "there's only one of them and I've got
a vulcan, I'll be fine." If you care about surviving then don't fight. Just run

If they're that good, chances are they're faster than you anyways and you'll be screwed if you run. I've had no trouble taking out the two or three really good zombies on my campus, because from 10ft away it's an easy shot and they don't have any room to dodge. The danger is in the zombie you don't see coming.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

I've had no trouble taking out the two or three really good zombies on my campus, because from 10ft away it's an easy shot and they don't have any room to dodge. The danger is in the zombie you don't see coming.

It is true that running just renders you vulnerable if there is any chance of the zed catching up to you, but there are some zombies here who you do NOT want to thunderdome or otherwise face down. You won't be able to shoot them 90% of the time.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
Chevalier Mal Fet
* Game Organizer

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »

Zombies can be pretty good at dodging, but there is almost no lone zombie who can get past even a decently experienced sock wielder. Don't run from that scary zombie, sock his ass. No matter how good he is at dodging, he MUST get close in order to make his tag, and that's when you nail him.

Om nom, kiddos.

Screw those lists of blasters. Being a zombie is just better.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »

Unless that scary zombie is a decoy, in which case welcome to the Hoarde!

As Han Solo said best: "Don't Get Cocky."

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Boom

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »

On a side note, If you ever come across a Zombie holding a camera that tells you to act natural, GTFO of that location like a Chicken in KFC, cause you gonna DIE! I had a friend that came across this, well, dey DEAD!

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2012, 04:14:37 AM »

On a side note, If you ever come across a Zombie holding a camera that tells you to act natural, GTFO of that location like a Chicken in KFC, cause you gonna DIE! I had a friend that came across this, well, dey DEAD!
Pics, or it didn- oh.
Youtube link? Grin

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
Boom

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »

I think there might be a Video, since I'm the historian It's my job to try and hunt it down, I just can't find out who the zombie was. I heard it from a good friend of mine, who happened to be the unfortunate one that experienced this. If I find a Video, I'll just update either this post or the previous one, in addition to the media/pictures thread.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »

My approach is that, regardless of whether it's one zombie against your entire squad or a horde against you alone, always assume the worst (it's an amazingly skilled zombie, there's a horde hiding in the bushes, etc.); if you're wrong, then be happy. If you're not, it's time to see just how fast you can shoot.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »

Okay, so me and a fried have been working out a 2 man combo that, in practice, has worked out REALLY well. Pro: we got a bunch of the local kids to help us out with our testing, about 40 -50 of them, and trying to hit a ADHD 10 year old with a dart gun really ups the game... try it some time. We could reliably hold of a group of about 30, until the bag'o'mags ran dry. Con: money, money, money. It would cost a pretty penny to get our set up going from scratch.

Set up.
Me (the tank): Stampede w/ integrated swarmfire, Recon on the leg, and Scout on the vest. 4x18 mags on the vest, 2x18 mags on the belt in the back, 2x6 mags on the vest, and 10x18 mags in the Bag'o'Mags. I also have a Nerf dagger from the Sonewall set. More of a hey look it's cool, than actually useful.

He (the DPS/Sporebat): 7 Magstrikes...2 carried, 2 on the legs, 2 under arm, and 1 over the shoulder. 6x10 MS mags in a LBV. he's also got a few spare mags in the Bag'o'Mags, we're always looking for more.

Tactic: he works a strike and fade style with me as a fall back point. I'm mostly there to give him a good spot to reload and to cover as he gets new mags and reloads mags. He's a handyman at one of the local manufacturing plants, and he tooled his Magstrikes to not have any leaks, and that was it (i've never modded a magstrike, and i'm the modder of the 2 of us). It was a riot to watch too, He put soapy water into the bladder and used the bubbles to find pressure leaks. then blew MASSIVE amounts of bubbles for his kids to clear out the leftovers.

Any thoughts about things we might tweak in our setup to be better on gear? Weaknesses that a good zed might exploit?

I don't need to be fast, just faster than you.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »

Set up.
Me (the tank): Stampede w/ integrated swarmfire, Recon on the leg, and Scout on the vest. 4x18 mags on the vest, 2x18 mags on the belt in the back, 2x6 mags on the vest, and 10x18 mags in the Bag'o'Mags. I also have a Nerf dagger from the Sonewall set. More of a hey look it's cool, than actually useful.

He (the DPS/Sporebat): 7 Magstrikes...2 carried, 2 on the legs, 2 under arm, and 1 over the shoulder. 6x10 MS mags in a LBV. he's also got a few spare mags in the Bag'o'Mags, we're always looking for more.

Tactic: he works a strike and fade style with me as a fall back point. I'm mostly there to give him a good spot to reload and to cover as he gets new mags and reloads mags. He's a handyman at one of the local manufacturing plants, and he tooled his Magstrikes to not have any leaks, and that was it (i've never modded a magstrike, and i'm the modder of the 2 of us). It was a riot to watch too, He put soapy water into the bladder and used the bubbles to find pressure leaks. then blew MASSIVE amounts of bubbles for his kids to clear out the leftovers.

Any thoughts about things we might tweak in our setup to be better on gear? Weaknesses that a good zed might exploit?

Just watch the maneuverability, not so much due to all the gear as due to all the holstered/hanging guns on you guys.

Oh yeah, and 16 mags for one stampede, PLUS emergency 6rd-ers? Holy shit, how long do you guys have to stay outside the wire without being able to reload/resupply? I am considered a VERY prepared player around here and I only have 8 mags to my name right now, plus a Firefly tracer mag and a 12 round WIP frankenmag, and one remaining 6rd that I am trying to get rid of. I never carry more than 4 of them at once unless it's a SERIOUS situation, and I do quite a bit of shooting as far as our squad goes.

And the 7 magstrikes is crazy. Someone needs to introduce that guy to swarmpistols. The great thing about going electric? No pumping, so he could keep his reload times the same by loading from a bag or huge bando of darts instead of putting in a clip and pumping. And each gun is 20 rounds, not 10, and is more compact. Furthermore, if he wants to run 4 or 5 of them at once, they can all use one power setup.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »

To give you an idea of my maneuverability, I'm as graceful as a brain damaged rhino having and epileptic seizure. I'm 6'4" 400#. I don't run well, but I'm good at paying attention to a lot of stuff at once. And I'm pretty strong, so carrying all the gear I do doesn't bother me. John Is only 2" shorter than me, and weighs 280-300#. And where I'm lost in the agility department, this guy does ballet. Runs 10miles 3 times a week, does martial arts, and lifts weights. The fruitcake also doesn't eat red meat, but that's his only flaw, as I can tell. He's running the Magstrike mostly because he throws them...a lot. when he empties each of the first 6 he tosses them at me, and draws the next 2. It's not until he get's to the one on his shoulder  that he actually starts to reload, if we've not cleared the area. And the bag'o'mags is a vietnam alice pack, full of mags.

darknyght00

« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2012, 02:40:04 AM »

...trying to hit a ADHD 10 year old...

...He (the DPS/Sporebat): 7 Magstrikes...2 carried, 2 on the legs, 2 under arm, and 1 over the shoulder. 6x10 MS mags in a LBV. he's also got a few spare mags in the Bag'o'Mags, we're always looking for more...

...Any thoughts about things we might tweak in our setup to be better on gear?...

First off: challenge accepted. Everyone should do it. Insert other joke about taking funny things out of context.

Your buddy needs just two words: air compressor. Throw something like this on even one of the MSs and watch your efficiency soar. The time saved from not having to pump or grab the next blaster will more than make up for any other shortcomings. With the staggering number of clips you guys have, I'm kinda surprised this hasn't come up yet. If you're really adventurous, you could dual-wield these things but I think you'd be pretty covered with just the one. I've wanted to do this for a while now but sadly I am lacking in Magstrikes and clips. Swarmpistols, as toruk suggested, are certainly viable but don't reload near as easy as the air compressor Magstrike. I think this route is a nice compromise.

For you: since you're primarily a fall back point, I'd say ditch the Recon. Unless your Swarmpede has significant issues, the Recon will just be stealing mags from your primary and/or sitting there useless. If you must keep a holdout, consider swapping the Scout for a modded Nite Finder. The change from reverse to direct plunger will yield nearest to <word never to be used in nerf> ranges as you can reasonably get and remains a very manageable size.

Overall: you appear to have sufficient dakka. Definitely be conscious about maneuverability and maybe think about adding some range but otherwise, looks good.

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2012, 02:53:38 AM »

All of the local games do not allow for most mods. I'm getting away with integration mods, but that's about it. Otherwise, I think we'd do the 7th Magstrike as a compressed conversion, and roll with the rest as fire and forgets.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.