May 28, 2017, 12:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Tactics, a Guide  (Read 64701 times)
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »

All that and you can only take out 30?

$10 worth of socks or darts can give you the same effect, but you only need one person to hit those numbers. With two, you should be taking out 40+ no problem.

Assuming you're skirmishing correctly, anyways.
TheCanadianZombieSlayer

« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »

maybe update with the new elite blasters? The new rampage with two simple mods gets like 75 feet flat... the best "nerf sniper" (a good ranger weapon) with a simple mod I would say. It could also be a great heavy gun since it has slamfire.

Zombies better be watching out for Canada...
ZERO Leader

Leader of ZERO

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »

I don't know where to put this, so if it belongs in a different forum, feel free to move it.

I haven't written in a while, but here's what my squad is planning this game.

Since it's my last game of HvZ (as a student) I'm wanting to go all out. We've opened up full recruitment, which is the first time since we formed in 2011. We've also decided to do a heavy marketing campaign to get players interested in both HvZ and possibly joining us at the least.

As of now, we recruited 2 new members(possibly more) and we are going to expand to 16. I have other squads I'm working with that I'm also helping them recruit as well.

And no, I'm not obsessed with just recruiting as many people as I can. I have a method to my madness.
Once we hit our quota of 16, we will have 2 assault groups and 2 scout groups comprising the entire squad. In addition to other allies, we'll have enough to take down a decent horde if needed.

My ultimate question to the many HvZ experts of the forum is this: How do I elevate my organization from managing 8 people to 16? It will get a little hectic, and it seems highly ambitious, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Any input or ideas on how to handle this would be helpful. Thanks!

Callsign: Lockdown

Proud Leader of ZERO
Loadout 1: Scout
Sock gauntlet
2 Hammershots
1 blowgun

Loadout 2: Titan
Either: Powerstrike 48, ECS-12, or Rampage
Socks
Hammershots

Career-6 games. 3/4 games ZED. Fall 2012 game-Human victory
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

Subdivide responsibility - assign leaders to the subteams, and remain in constant communication with these leaders using walkie-talkies. Make sure that these leaders are veterans.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Epochalyptik
* Game Organizer

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »

Make sure that your squads are comprised of people with the same physical skill sets. For example, when squads form in my games, I generally avoid most of them because I can't run. I don't really feel like participating in a group that won't always have my back.

Also, I second the walkie-talkie idea. My campus just implemented them for the admins/execs last semester, and our coordination was superb. I can easily see that transitioning to the squad level. If you can, get the kind that can work with headphones or earbuds so you don't have to hold it up during firefights.

As far as composition goes, you should only include vets or very skilled newer players. I have nothing against the less skilled players in general; they're great and make the game work. But when it comes to making sure someone has your back and can get you out of a situation, you need reliable, good players. I ran a practice earlier today and died during two missions because the squad I was with couldn't cover my back at all (I was standing right next to all of them, too).

That brings me to my last point: If you're going to subdivide, you need to make sure all your members understand proper squad theory. Don't let a group run off without knowing how to watch their own backs.

Human role: heavy/sharpshooter
Primary: EAT (AR removal, Stockade stock, dart holder, 18+18 jungle mag) [sharpshooting]
Secondary: Stryfe (mechanical lock removal, foregrip, 18+18 jungle mag) [CQC]
Sidearm: Hammershot, socks, Triad
Utility: Vest
Optional: Rapidstrike (35-dart drum) [support]
Argurotox

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »

If you're going for 16, with 2 assault 2 scout, you probably want 5/5/2/2. If you have 6 fast runners, you could consider 4/4/3/3. but 5/2 seems optimal.

So, take your four fastest/lightest players, make sure they're decently armed (Stryfe + drum is probably ideal for spray and pray mobility), split them into two pairs based on who works best with whom. Then take the next most experienced player from yourself/next best leader, and make him your second in command. Give him 4 more players and and 1 scout squad and send him off with his group - keep the remaining 4 and a scout squad for yourself.

If you're going to run radios, you need a minimum of four - one in each scout group, one with you, one with your 2 IC.

The most important part is to get this done and organised a minimum of a week before the game, preferably more, then practise in your groups. Make sure you've got flashlights in every group, split the assault groups between manual weapons and flywheel (I find manual better for clearing corners etc). You may even find it helpful to pick a "point man" with something like a Rough Cut who takes corners first. I would also recommend you pick a role for the Scouts to play in the main group, because your usual engagement will go - Scouts find Zs, Assault group moves to them, Assaults Zs, Scouts go out sweeping again, so to prevent the scouts from twiddling their thumbs, give them roles to play in the main group. I usually run diamonds, on the 1 front, 1 left, 1 right, 1 rear arrangement. Scouts could easily drop in wherever needed, or skirmish separately - just make a call and practise it.

Perhaps also worth establishing a few basic coded signals. One for attack, one for retreat, one for spread out, one for cover me. Obviously otherwise if you shout "cover me, reloading" to your squad, you're gonna get rushed by every Z around.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.