November 01, 2014, 05:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Status of New HvZSource and HvZ+ Sotware  (Read 5067 times)
Sklover
* Administrator

« on: January 26, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »

Humans! Zombies! Leprechauns!

I realize that this has been an ultra long time coming, but I have been meaning to give everyone an update.  So the actual mechanics and design of the software/ features finished as of last August.  We hired an awesome dev team (Bixly) to join our dev team to work on this.  We have been meeting 5 days a week ever since.

At this point, I am about to poop my pants with excitement.... literally!  We have implemented almost all of the planned features... twitter integration, our very own API, squads, dynamic starve times, # of shares, market place, tag map, equipment registration, user pictures, videos, profile comments, and a whole lot more.  We really just have to make a few more tweaks with the tag map, finish the front end / UX, and do a ton of bug fixes.  We are hoping that it is ready for live games in the next month or so.  

Once the front end is done, we will shoot out some final screen shot.  This has been an ultra long journey, but the end is near!

<3
Joe

P.S.  If you pre-ordered an HvZ+ on kickstarter last spring, we will email you upon completion to present you with your HvZ+ account.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:47:02 PM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
GRANITO
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »

Sweeeeeet! Now we just have to get you some adult diapers  Grin

A player in our game climbed on top of the roof of the financial aid building so the administration got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"

Currently a Mod at University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG)
Cruz

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

Is this going to cost money to host it?

Primary: Raider w/mounted blowgun & mounted socks
2ndary: Sharp Shot w/removable carabiner
Dartage: 37 dart drum, 2- 6 dart clips,  25 whistlers
Markus

Loves Stampedes a little too much

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »

Need any beta testers?

I can't wait to give more of my money to Justin Timberlake.

OH DEAR GOD MY LOINS!
blaxbb

OSU Tech

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »

Is this going to cost money to host it?

I believe the plan was to have a set of base features that are free, and then individual players can purchase HvZ+ for access to some more advanced features.

I forgot one:

Don't bitch to your mods everytime they fuck up. They know, and they'll work to fix their mistake.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »

I believe the plan was to have a set of base features that are free, and then individual players can purchase HvZ+ for access to some more advanced features.
Yep that is absolutely correct.  Almost all of the features are free.  We are offering a handful of supplemental features, available for HvZ+ members, including the tag map, market place (where you can sell your HvZ gear online), sharing your equipment and statics, squads, and many more that I can't think of right now.  The proceeds of these HvZ+ features will hopefully be able to sustain and maintain the financial troubles of running the servers, paying developers, and managing the system.

Need any beta testers?
Yes we will!  We will most likely roll out the system to a few schools first, and then slowly make it available to more.

Loading Please Wait...
Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »

I = Excited!
As long as it is within a good price area (I'm sure you guys won't go overboard) I'm down for supporting HvZ.
<3

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »

I = Excited!
As long as it is within a good price area (I'm sure you guys won't go overboard) I'm down for supporting HvZ.
<3
Yeah, HvZ+ will be a one time/ lifetime $10 fee.

Loading Please Wait...
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

I'd love to help beta test.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:52:39 AM by Vonpoppm » Logged

"The Captain"
Oregon State University Mod
Guard of the Raven Commander
Role - Strategist
Primary: Stampede - Schwere Regen
Sidearms: Maverick - Ira
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

I can dig anything that boasts a reliable marketplace ^^

Ill probably join the + membership just to get more of my product out their Cheesy

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
ugadawg

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:50 AM »

Any new updates on the progress of the new HvZ source?

Squad: Freelancer
Callsign: Helo
Primary: Stampede
Secondary: Recon
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 12:04:45 PM »

We have the front end mostly done, and it looks really bad ass. We just finished the look of the mod/ admin section, front page, and user profile pages.  We are bug testing and working out kinks.

The developer team is done working for now, and we are doing the rest of it all in house.

Loading Please Wait...
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »

Like I said we here at OSU would love to beta test it especially since we have a spring game coming here around four weeks after spring break. We don't mind a few bugs and even have a few dedicaed tech guys on our mod squad who would be able to help let you know exactly what bugs we run into with more than, "It doesn't work!"

"The Captain"
Role - Strategist
Awards: Killing an Alpha Z'ed, Best Surviving Squad, The I Just Want a Twinkie Award
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 12:52:25 AM »

Thanks a ton!  I'm not sure if it is quite ready for beta testing yet.  But let's talk about it as your game draws near.  If not, i'd be happy to set you up on either KvZ or our alternate Ruby version: http://alpha.hvzsource.com

Loading Please Wait...
Vonpoppm
* Game Organizer

I just want a twinkie.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »

I think we'd be willing to alpha test it, but I'll let you know as we draw closer.

"The Captain"
Role - Strategist
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.