April 26, 2017, 05:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Zombie Tactics: A Guide  (Read 47928 times)
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »

Seeing as Chevalier has created a comprehensive guide, this thread has no further purpose...
I disagree. Everyone's opinions on how to do things have their worth, and everyone should be able to have their say on how they think is the best way. Besides, I really doubt that everyone will want to read all the way through Chev's guide. I haven't finished it myself yet.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
solmssteinke

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »

Well, thank you for the vote of confidence Smiley

Title: Redemptor or "Hawk"
School: SUNY Geneseo

Primary: Nerf longshot modified with replacement springs and removed air restrictor
Secondary: Nerf sword, double-bladed
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »

No sir, thank you.

Loadout
MobiusTrobius

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »

Protip: when sneaking up on someone during the day, try running on the balls of your feet. Much quieter.

Also, a lot of players over here at FSU have taken to buying those fancy toed shoes for both HvZ and personal use. They're more comfortable to run in and generally pretty quiet. You can grab them online or in brick and mortar store for around 50-70 bucks iirc.

Referee at Florida State University
Markus

Loves Stampedes a little too much

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

Keys, that is a great idea. I personally don't want to throw my keys around, because it'd be a pain to lose them, but I'm definitely going to put a load of metally things (old keys, random bits of metal, etc) on a keychain so I have something to use if the situation calls for it.

It'd be good to get something specifically for this, and I agree that throwing around keys is terribad (although my first worry was the little button thingy that doubles as an electronic verifier of the validity of the keys in a lot of cars. If it breaks than fucked is an understatement, 'cause those are like $80 to repair on a good day). I saw a sound grenade on thinkgeek awhile back, it has a timer before it makes a high pitch high decible sound blast and it's covered in rubber to be thrown without breaking. My one thought though is that it might be a giant DB violation if you throw it too close, cause the noise is painfully loud.

I can't wait to give more of my money to Justin Timberlake.

OH DEAR GOD MY LOINS!
catbarf

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 01:15:07 PM »

It'd be good to get something specifically for this, and I agree that throwing around keys is terribad (although my first worry was the little button thingy that doubles as an electronic verifier of the validity of the keys in a lot of cars. If it breaks than fucked is an understatement, 'cause those are like $80 to repair on a good day). I saw a sound grenade on thinkgeek awhile back, it has a timer before it makes a high pitch high decible sound blast and it's covered in rubber to be thrown without breaking. My one thought though is that it might be a giant DB violation if you throw it too close, cause the noise is painfully loud.

Well, you could make it quieter Tongue
maxriderules

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »

I haven't played HVZ yet (Although I do intend to), but during night missions, could a zombie use a headlight or something to disorientate humans. Even if it's only for a second, if it gets a kill it's worth getting stunned, and no-one expects people known for being stealthy for going all guns blazing.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner; Anarchy is a heavily armed sheep taking revenge.
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »

I haven't played HVZ yet (Although I do intend to), but during night missions, could a zombie use a headlight or something to disorientate humans. Even if it's only for a second, if it gets a kill it's worth getting stunned, and no-one expects people known for being stealthy for going all guns blazing.
It's something worth thinking about, although the humans will more than often fire at the massive light source. If you had some zombies with lights come in on one side of the humans, turn em all on at once, and then have another lot on the other side charge when the lights come on, that'd probably work fairly well.

Loadout
maxriderules

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 06:04:12 AM »

Yeah, I think using lights can stop people from seeing the zed behind them, possibly meaning they are mistaken for a human, and also as a distraction

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner; Anarchy is a heavily armed sheep taking revenge.
USF_Rattler

SEMPER PARATUS

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »

Using flashlights to blind people (human or zombie) is kinda DBAD.  You never know when someone might be epileptic.

University of South Florida
ECHO Squad

Class: Scout
Primary: Raider "Canebrake"
Secondary: Alpha Trooper "Cottonmouth"
maxriderules

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »

Good point. However, I still think that if you are confronted by people using torches, it will ruin your night vision.

Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »

my favorite tactic! 2 words: TREE-ZOMBIE.

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
[email protected]
* Game Organizer

Victorious warriors win first, then go to war.

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »

my favorite tactic! 2 words: TREE-ZOMBIE.

2 words: Compound Fracture  Cheesy

ONU Brain Trust.
Primary: Raider
Secondary: Furyfire
Sidearm: Nightfinder

Zombie Guide http://rapidshare.com/files/412947771/Zombie_guide.docx.html
Make your Zombies a credit to team.
Markus

Loves Stampedes a little too much

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »

Several words: Compound Fracture either for you in your ankle or shin if you land badly or in the collarbone or ribs of the person you land on if you're that sort of dick. Painful, painful injury followed by ugly lawsuit and living in infamy as the rogue idiot that gets HvZ banned from whatever school you go to.

Rule 1 violations piss me off.

I can't wait to give more of my money to Justin Timberlake.

OH DEAR GOD MY LOINS!
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but yeah. While arboreal zombies sounds like a great idea, in practice, bad things can happen. Best to avoid that. Good baseline rule our mod squad uses: If a twelve year old can get in trouble for it at recess, don't do it in the game.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.