March 26, 2017, 01:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 2: The Cake is a Lie  (Read 15522 times)
LimeyMan

« on: February 23, 2011, 01:22:19 AM »

What he said.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:05:01 PM by LimeyMan » Logged

Moderator at Claremont Colleges
Dak
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »

This is a thread for Day 2 mission or general questions. If you have a general question, please keep in mind that both humans AND zombies can read this forum. You can also contact the moderators on duty. They are listed in the moderator on-duty thread.

-Steve and James

Steve Jaworski
Moderator: HvZ @ Claremont Colleges
sradloff23

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »

Portables Cake is Clear. I vote Keck safe zone
LimeyMan

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »

Portables Cake is Clear. I vote Keck safe zone

Why Keck, you could also do Parents Field, Frary Fountain, Atwood Dorm, or Gold Dorm and thereby protect a lot of residents from those schools.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »

I would agree to Keck as well.
DieZedDie

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »

I vote for parents, its big and is a short sprint to keck, but would also be helpful for night missions in terms of meeting up and coordinating.
Urabggr

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »

Yeah I'm with y'on Parents Field... it's always been something of a battleground in the past during night missions and isn't too near any other safe zones really.
sradloff23

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »

Keck would be really helpful for Mudd, Pitzer, and Scripps students. Parents field helps no one since it's tucked away in a far corner. It's also really easy for zombies to guard, whereas Keck has outlets through Scripps Campus to get away. Parents field serves no tactical purpose since no night missions will ever be near there or if they are, it will be an easy sprint down sixth to the SCC which will stay a safe zone as far as I have understood. Therefore we would have to safe zones, one on the South and one on the North. Keck+SCC.
Dak
* Game Organizer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

Just a quick note, the humans are going to be mobilizing these supplies to the new safe zone before the night mission, so the sooner a consensus is reached, the easier the transportation will be.

However, that also means that the zeds may know of your location. Just something to think about.

If you would prefer to keep secrecy, you may notify the moderators with your decision so that we may mobilize the humans that much faster.

Steve Jaworski
Moderator: HvZ @ Claremont Colleges
Urabggr

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »

Keck already has safe zones incorporated into it though.  If need be, we can duck into the halls and regroup.  Not to mention it's right next to Scripps, like you said.  If you can make it to Keck you can probably make it the extra hundred feet to Scripps.  Maybe Atwood or Gold might be the better calls if you're looking to help out the northern campuses.
thedoctor

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »

Is Keck the best idea?  Because it's central it also means it's a bit of a longer trip for Pomona (where most of North Campus is usually still pretty good late into the game) to get to.  Not to mention that Mudd has a tendency to be wiped out quickly, and North Quad CMC becomes a deathtrap.  I will agree that it is nice to have a central locale, but thoughts on the other locations?

Also, personal vote is either Keck or Parents field.  And actually I'm more inclined for Parents because it's right near Keck, so still pretty central, plus Keck really isn't all that safe - bottlenecks by CMC and Scripps to enter/exit, plus I think you all are forgetting that Scripps being a safe zone/non-play zone, coupled with the DBAJ rule means (in my understanding) one can't run into Scripps just to get to or escape from Keck.  Not to mention, it'd be a nice staging point for missions, i.e. the classic invade the towers.

Post Merge: February 23, 2011, 05:47:29 PM
@urabggr: +1
MrTophat

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

I'm all for Parents field.
CuteKittenMeow

NEVER NOT HUMAN!

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »

Keep in mind that this choice will likely be the staging point for future missions.  Parents is relatively out of the way unless you live at the CMC apartments.  In addition to its less than central location, it is easily scouted from any direction, and most of its exits present ideal ambush locations.  (especially when the zombies can see your every move)  Keck on the other hand has hidden areas for staging, multiple guarded exits, and is more centrally located on the 5Cs.  

Both Gold and Atwood are far to distal to be of much use, and although trying to protect dorms of people is admirable, it is inevitably a flawed approach as cells of human survival are based on competence and teamwork rather than living location.  

The only other viable option at this point is the Frary fountain courtyard, which should remain candidate for the safe zone.  this location is pretty centrally located, at least in terms of probable mission locations, and with the recent opening of the Pomona Construction there are even more exit routes.  

Ok, I've said almost enough...  However, lets have this decision determined closer to the time when movement is necessary, and  Angry IN A SECURE FORM Angry.  These forums and emails will prove over the next few days to be huge information leaks, so choose your words carefully and when needed communicate by phone or in person.
HouseStark

Winter is Coming

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »

You have to be a moron to want anything except Keck ... ducking into scripps too close to DBAJ, and having all of keck safe is unbelievably important ... keck + SCC provides incredible cover between them, and any other choice is asking to get nommed like nobody's business
So ... Keck

Can a man be brave when he is afraid?

That is the only time he can be brave.
LimeyMan

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

Just to inform you, ducking into Scripps is not a violation of DBAJ.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.