May 23, 2017, 08:30:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humans vs Zombies Stories  (Read 12817 times)
Dak
* Game Organizer

« on: February 25, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »

Hey everyone,

My favorite part of HvZ is all of the cool stories that come out of the game. I thought I would start this thread so that people could reflect on cool stuff they saw during the game.

If you don't feel like posting on the forum, I will be compiling these stories and maybe turn them into a document to share with people. You can E-mail me at [email protected]

Here's my story. I didn't see it, but my non-player friend was enjoying the sight from the Pit-Stop at Pitzer:

"I see Solomzi walking across the mounds where he gets jumped by Hale Shaw and four other zeds, including a double tap and a tentacle. Despite being caught by surprise, he manages to dispatch all five of them by himself with a raider."

A tribute to a fallen soldier.

Anyone else have awesome, funny, or otherwise interesting stories about the game?

-Steve the Mod

Steve Jaworski
Moderator: HvZ @ Claremont Colleges
JsusTacoSrprise

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »

Was working on my homework with a few fellow humans in Platt living room last night, about 2 or 3 in the morning. We're sitting in the back at the large tables when I see a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye. I look out the window and don't see anything. Everyone thinks I'm crazy. We keep looking for a minute and then we see some zed stick his head over the wall, see us looking at him, and ducks back down. He ends up spending over an hour out there, just running around the building, looking in at us from all sides. Real creepy. One of our non-player friends took pity on him and bought him some M & M's. He brought his homework, too, so in between peeks he managed to get some work in. Guy moved like cockroach, except for when he jumped at me. Poor little feller.
rakashi

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »

I was going to lunch with a non player friend of mine, and everything was fine until out of the corner of my eye I see solomzi camping in holden's hall way. So I start to run to the other side of mcconnel, when I realize that Solomzi will just out run me and tag me. So I stop take aim at him, squeeze the trigger and nothing happens. My gun just jammed and I thought WHAT THE HELL!. Solomzi is still there just looking at me, he said "oh no man" and starts running at me. So I pull a sock from my pocket and just as he is about to tag me I manage to hit his hand with the sock.

Nice try black lightning, I'm sure you'll eat me next time

HouseStark

Winter is Coming

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

James Muller chased me at full sprint minutes after I ate an extra cheese and burger patty quesidilla and a large milkshake.  I escaped over barbed wire, but I'm still not sure I'm not going to throw up.

Can a man be brave when he is afraid?

That is the only time he can be brave.
thedoctor

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »

To be fair, I had also just eaten an order of curly fries with extra ketchup and a powerade.  Not to mention you dropped your backpack and computer on my foot.

But props on parkouring the barbed wire fence.  In that instance, your reputation is well deserved.

On a side note, I was definitely hoping to post this story first, but was too busy stalking your room, so I guess bonus points there, too, for beating me to it.
Ocelot

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

I waited in the rain for half an hour with the Seaver Theatre Group (Steve Barr, Matt Gorka, James Webb), and spent ten minutes trying to actively recruit other zombies from Frank. I was stunned repeatedly throughout, and only managed to get three other zombies to try a rush, even though the brains were shouting down the street and at passers-by, "Brains!"

I am sad, my zombie brethren. This could have been an epic standoff.
Zombiesbane

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »

So tonight, for the final mission, my squad of fellow South Campus residents had made it. We lost a few in the first part, and a few in the second part, leaving just myself and my friends Dan Martin and Scott Lindburg. After we successfully held the third generator for 5 minutes, we backed into the panic room for a few seconds to reload our guns and prepare to move out. However, the large squad took off before we finished and essentially we were abandoned in the safe room. After popping a few zombies from the safe room, we looked at the clock and realized we really had no chance of making it if we didn't leave then. So we loaded up, left the safe room and sprinted through the halls killing any zombies we ran into, until we reached the giant room of about one hundred zombies. Scott went with someone else and ran straight through and made it through before the zombies were able to see and tag him. Dan and I stopped when we saw all the zombies, but Dan dashed forward and almost slipped out before getting hit by a zombie hiding right by the door. I knew I was screwed at this point, but I fell back a little, then charged forward. Sadly, I died about 10 feet from the door. Scott, however, successfully made it out and became the first human to ever win HvZ.

^a tribute to Scott for his awesome victory story

-Ben Hoober-Burkhardt, Lyon 2 West South Campus Resident
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.