March 23, 2017, 02:16:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start of the infection: Murder or Zombie Slaying?  (Read 7023 times)
FleshEatingZombie

« on: April 07, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »

Lets say you come across one of the first zombies. No one knows of the outbreak but there are witnesses watching this crazed man chase and attempt to bite people.

Do you kill him and face the fact that you may be brought in for murder and jailed when the outbreak occurs (pretty much guaranteeing your death), or do you walk away and let him bite whomever and letting who knows how many get infected. 

Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

Killing the man in the street would not have you locked away immediately, unless there were cops nearby with video cameras. You may be brought in for questioning, but it takes a while to actually lock someone up.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
cds5104

More blood, more!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »

You are talking about a case where multiple witnesses see a man attacking people in the street, if you shoot him you are not going to jail, the right to self defense also includes defending third parties from harm.
ReadingUndead

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »

hard to say, if a crazed man is running around trying to bite people, my first thought would not be "oh shit, its a zombie", I would just think some crazed out psycho meth head or something...but knowing what I know about zombies, once I established it was, I may or my not kill it, because deep down in my twisted little mind, I want a zombie apocalypse to occur (it would be cool...) so I'd probably let it go, and get a head start on preparing for my survival!!
Linkz

ADTR ftw

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 06:03:08 AM »

You are talking about a case where multiple witnesses see a man attacking people in the street, if you shoot him you are not going to jail, the right to self defense also includes defending third parties from harm.

This. So this.

Loadout:
Primary: Stampede w/ 35 dart drum
Secondary: MagStrike AS-10
Side arm: Spectre
is it wrong to be excited that the apocalypse wont accomadate such an invention or structure known as a the DMV anymore?? Grin
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »

Dude, they don't put people down for having rabies. Animals, yes, but euthanasia for humans is illegal in pretty much every country.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
FleshEatingZombie

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »

Dude, they don't put people down for having rabies. Animals, yes, but euthanasia for humans is illegal in pretty much every country.
Just claim you were attacked and it was in self defense.

Frosty_022
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »

Just claim you were attacked and it was in self defense.

Self defense is a tricky legal issue and by detaining the guy even as a citizen's arrest
you risk being done for deprivation of liberty not to mention would likely get bitten in the process.

I'd say you're best bet is to scream at people to keep away and call the cops

Adversity doesn't build character, Nailing some sucker with a couple of hundred Nerf darts builds character

Game Mod UWA Game 2 2011
Game Admin UWA Game 1 2012
Primary: Alpha Trooper
Secondary: Magstrike, Barrel Break, 2x Mavericks
Equipment:Combat Webbing, 1x35 round drum, 5x 18 clips, spare
Boom

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:46 PM »

And then let a stupid cop walk up to the damn thing? lets see BRILLIANT IDEA!
First Identify the subject as a REAL Zombie/or meth head, If confirmed as a Zed casually get in your car and 'accidentally' run the Mo Fo DOWN!
Manslaughter < murder, ACT like it was an accident. (If there were a lot of other zeds to be) Hit an run is also an option. . . . (like half a beer afterwards . . . ) so if you do get caught . . . 
If you cannot accuretly identify the subject, yet your still suspicious,

Ignore him/her and just run as fast as you can to your local gun shop and buying a couple semi auto shotguns as much and as Ammo you can. . . then hit(<= not rob) a wally world for can goods be sure to check dates, you want food that will last at least 3 years. you might be seen as Insane walking out with a couple cartloads of can goods but WTH Its the start of the Apocalypse!
If not, you are prepared for going duck huntin! And you have a years worth of supplies!

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »

Do you kill him and face the fact that you may be brought in for murder and jailed when the outbreak occurs (pretty much guaranteeing your death)

Hang on, a prison is pretty much universally accepted in the Zombie Nerd Universe as one of the safest pre-built places to ride out the storm! They're definitely not bringing any wounded into jail, so no infection vectors. The place is a self-contained system. The defenses are just as effective at keeping things out as they are keeping people in, there's a group that is heavily armed and capable of dealing with mortal threats. You've got supplies, defenses, weapons, entertainment, and a crew of people that are going to go down fighting. You'd be living in the lap of luxury until the situation is resolved! Eh? Grin

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
tylerkendo

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »

I guess everyone will just walk away and wait for the plague to spread.

*Link Removed*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.